SOTX For the Family

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Omegamiko, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Omegamiko

Omegamiko Regular Member

I'm a student, doing webdesign and a badminton equ
    Alright, I'm getting a shipment of SOTX products to do a small SOTX Product Show/Tour to market my little shop, and here in Washington, though we have a prevalent badminton community, the majority of people still don't really "get" it and are really just rich little families trying to buy some fun. Thing is as of today I can only get a Woven series shipment in terms of rackets (I'm still getting bags and shoes). Diamond Fighters, AK, and the like are not as of yet available for me. Unfortunately, I've only used a very few choice rackets from SOTX, and am not entirely sure what a great beginner's racket in the Woven series would be, as I'm not too familiar with the entire line.

Imagine a mom, or little girl, who wants to play a little more than the backyard barbeque, total beginner who's picked up maybe 2 or 3 steel or aluminum rackets in their life. What would be deemed suitable?

Thanks for your help.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If a player is just play for social purpose (back yard style), and not willing to play competitively, then, I think all the Woven series are an "over kill" for their budget. The "fun set" you can get from KMart is the way to go.

However, if a beginner looking for a decent racket to begin with, and willing to be trained to improve, then personally I think Woven 6 is a good choice. It's light and head light, med stiff, iso head, make it easier to swing and to hit. ;)

3. Omegamiko

Omegamiko Regular Member

I'm a student, doing webdesign and a badminton equ
    Well if they come to the show they're already interested in badminton, but in a slightly more professional setting than the backyard. These are families who's kids are into badminton, they sign up for $100/month badminton club facilities, and want to make the most out of the money they spend so the parents go join the kid in playing, even though they hardly ever play before.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If they are already into badminton, and willing to go throught the development, then, it's really a matter of their own preference to select the racket. There's no right or wrong, be it stiff vs. flex, or heavy vs. light. Maybe bring out the demo rackets, and lend to them for a light drill session. Then, it's down to themselves to pick the choices.

Usually, for beginners, I tend to give advace to stay AWAY from very stiff rackets. Such ones are harder to be used in a proper way, and easier to result into injury with mis-uage. ;)

5. LuckyBoy

LuckyBoy Regular Member

Hmm iono..an suggestion would be woven 7

P.S plz dont flame me for this suggestion

6. juris

juris Regular Member

night stalker
    woven 1 to 4 would be sufficient for beginners who have regular trainings. after they start to have more feel on their rackets, they can switch to woven 5. woven 7 is quite heavy and would be good for intermediate and advance attacking players.