What happened to LCW at TO ?

Discussion in 'Macau Open / Thailand Open 2006' started by indra, Jul 26, 2006.

1. indra

indra Regular Member

To me it is very clear that in an individual sport in which players must face one to one, the phsychological state of a player and how he/she perceives his/her opponent will play a dominant role ind etermining success.

LCW's recent loss to Chen Yu, the man who defeated LCW in IO, clearly shows that LCW is beginning to experience Chen Yu's Phobia, the same as when facing Lin Dan or TH.

LCW at his best always lost to CY...
    LCW at his best most of the time lost to LD....

Things like this happen also to CH towards TH, Bao towards LCW....

I guess LCW still has a lot of home work to do...and I guess it is still very hard for him to win the WC.

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    At first sight, your caption really puzzles and gives no clue as to what you intend to discuss. Doubt you can change it now without the Mod's help.

A question to you:

If your theory about LCW is right, do you think your idol Taufik can experience the same phobia against some of his opponents? Taufik did lose some of his matches, especialy recently, did he not? Who does Taufik fear most? :)

3. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Cant say i agree on yr opinion. LCW is is clearly not at his best form when losing on both ocassions to CY. In IO, he has just came back from one week holiday and din hv much enough training b4 that. And in TO, he definitely too tired to go on after reaching 3 finals in 3/4 weeks. So im actually not surprised he lose to CY after hv been competing so fequently but its definitely has nth to do with the phobia thing... And 1 more question to u, what makes u think tat he fears LD and TH?

#3 zqloy, Jul 26, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  4. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Oh no.....not another why LCW lost to whoever thread.....yawn, yawn, yawn......zzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZ. Don't you guys feel bored. :rolleyes:

I guess a player's fan will only know how to look at how bad the other players do and not his/her idol. :rolleyes:

Hey Indra, you typed LCW 7 times in your post. TH only 2 times. Are you sure you are fan of TH. :p

5. indra

indra Regular Member

I am a strong supporter of TH....I guess the strongest fan of TH in the forum:D :D

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    No comments about LCW's performance this time at Thailand Open.

7. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    the phobia theory just doesn't apply to LCW...
    if u remember clearly.... Chen Hong use to beat LCW... now LCW beat him like nothing... shows that he needs time to improve..

8. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    I agree. I don't think there's anyone else on the TO Men Single draw who deserves a good rest / holiday.

The Borneon BaddyNut

9. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I'm a fan of both LCW and TH but I think it's time you climb out of your well and be more objective.
    It's a good thing that LCW can leave early instead of pulling out. Otherwise he may not have a chance in the KO which is more important. LCW should have pulled out when LD did so (but Malaysia has better manners than China) since winning TO would not change his ranking and his key objective should be to meet (and train indirectly with) LD as often as possible before WC. Note that it's not how many times you fail that matters. It's whether , in defeat, any progress is shown. LCW is a fast learner. The gap closes fast and this is happening when LCW is still developing new weapons whereas LD is frantically digging out all his old ones.
    Can you imagine when LCW masters another new weapon and has more match experience? He may be in a class of his own! Maybe that will be about 2008, Olympics C. LCW is a born badminton whiz and simply terrific.
    BTW Chen Yu is a solid and experienced player. He's like LHI, dangerous to top players in the early stages, can reach final but cannot win the title when facing a higher ranked player. In SO 2006, he had matchpoints against PG;he won the 1st game , PG took the 2nd and the third game score was 22-20. Nobody is totally safe against him except China MS.
    For once I'm happy LCW lost. He needs space to recuperate. The human body is not a machine.The strategy should be to win the big ones when the ranking points matter.
    I always enjoy TH's play because he's very cool and intelligent. But I'm afraid he will not even make it to the semi unless he has fully recovered from his injuries and is fully fit by WC. It's a lot tougher this year because there are so many good players and the standard has gone up! In fact LD should be grateful to LCW for pushing him to a higher level so TH may not be able to defeat him in two games and TH would not have the stamina to take out LD in three.
    So Indra, do you need a ladder? It' s not easy to climb out of a deep well on your own.

10. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    agree!!:D 100 fans of LCW plus 1 fan of LD (me):D can't even beat you down!!!you're great man!!!praise you a lot!!:D :D

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Indra has dug himself so deep in the well that he needs an especially long, long ladder to bail him out.

But if despite his current dilemma, Indra's mental faculties are still intact and his spirits remain high, he might be able to see Taufik's happy face at the end of the ladder! This is no optical illusion, I assure you! :D

12. indra

indra Regular Member

I guess Chen Yu Phobia and Lin Dan Phobia will start growing in LCW's mind.
    These two Chinese masters will continue haunting him.

OK ...LCW gets new weapons to defeat the two " great walls"....

The more LCW meets these two men, the more the two men know his weaknesses...

I guess it is a matter of style of play. LCW's style of play is at the hands of these two chinese players already. Just like, Cheng Hong's style already at the hand of TH...like Icuk controlled by Yang Yang...etc.

13. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

:( , though i can have a sweet weekend to record down the SEMI-Final & Final match of this TO.. seems my hope did not come through now..

14. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Although LCW has lost in the TO this time,but did you all notice that in the TO this time,many new malaysian players that are good like Tan Chun Seang and many other malaysian players...I heard that he is only 17 and i think that he will has a bright future...So,as a malaysian,i am not worried about our player and i think our country has a lot talented people...So,i think there are no point to discuss about LCW lose this time...For me,he is still the best ..The most dissapointed things to me is KBH lose in the first round...I wonder what has happened to him...I have no longer faith toward him...Sorry to his fans....Really dissapointed to him...Now hope hafiz can make it..

15. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    please let me know how staying for a game you cannot even play well over pulling off earlier for a rest is better manner

this sounds like better strategy on LD's side
    losing out early grant him a title as "nice guy"?

16. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    i admit you are stronger than me,

i'm glad i have a strong compatriot like u to support taufik hidayat

17. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

i m also lindan n chen jin supporter ... hehehe .... gogo chen jin beat them all

18. cindie

cindie Regular Member

BadFever, I agree with what you have said. :p

19. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

LCW reaches a stage in his professional career that only few in this world is able to challenge him. Its only meaningful to him now to play against PG or LD. So, for TO, I think its better for him to exit in early rounds and take a good rest to prepare for major tournaments ahead. Ideally, he should be playing when LD is playing. There is a bond now between them, they depend on each other to improve, to advance, and to win....

20. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    LCW fans are begining to sound just like Taufik fans...

hmmmmmmm