Amazing Chinese performances

Discussion in 'Macau Open / Thailand Open 2006' started by 2cents, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Amazing Chinese performances

All 4 Chineses cruised into final 8.
    3 of them are Chens.

Total Chinese matches percentage is 12 wins with 0 loss. It is amazing, because for any individual, if you can have 6 wins with 0 loss, you are the Champion. Now Chinese, as a whole, has 12 wins with 0 loss, so it's kind of 2 champions already.

There are 80 players totally, now only 8 of them are still alive. The survival rate is only 10%. While for the Chinese, all 4 of them are still there. It's a absolutely 100% survival rate. For non-Chinese, only 4 out of 76, so only 5% survival rate. What a big difference! If you turn yourself from non-Chinese into Chinese, your survival rate will increased from 5% to 100%.

2. block306

block306 Regular Member

I find comments like these a little insensitive and outrageous, though I believed the author do not mean so.

3. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    New Ranking

1.Lin Dan
    2.Lee Chong Wei
    3.Peter Gade
    4.Chen Hong
    5.Kenneth Jonassen

#3 cao ci dan, Jul 27, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  4. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

sorry if it is offensive for sensitive people. Anyway, it is just my statistics and observation. I am not a racist. Just statistics show that Chinese players are much better than the rest of the players. I truly believe there is a relation between the level of playing and its nationality. Correct me if I am wrong.

5. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

Malaysian Chinese are also chinese... We could have easily thought that u meant us

6. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

More amazing is that amazing performance was done without their most amazing player, world number 1, Lin Dan.

This makes things even more amazing.

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Your last statement is incorrect - I am chinese and my survival in tournaments is practically zero;):p

8. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

I don't know. I just looked at the nationality of the players profile. Actually, Malaysian players are very good too. LCW was the former world number 1 (Actually I still think Lin Dan should be ranked number 1 because he had only 9 tournaments while LCW had 10). Anyway, LCW is the 2nd best in the world individually, and Malaysian is the 2nd best (probably, I haven't calculated yet) country in the world in badminton.

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

On a more serious note, there is a statistical test called Cox's proportional hazard model and I think it could be applied here. However, the association of being chinese and getting further in tournaments is subject to many confounding factors.

For instance, being chinese might be associated with winning tournaments but is it truly the cause fo the effect? Alternative factor would be the training system which they undergo, access to coaches, bigger population to derive players from. etc.

10. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

How do you know? I do not see your name of the draw. :confused:

Next time, put your name of the draw first, and chen give it a run. You will be amazed by yourself. As long as your nationality is China, you will find yourself hanging on the draw for an amazing long time.

You never know if you don't try. Give you another example, one Chinese, Qiu YB, never heard of him before, He had a test run at Indo open(?), Since he's from China, it was so amazing that most of his opponents had to withdraw. He's amazed by his amazing run.

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Dear 2cents, I will have to make my comment as a moderator here before other people jump up to protest. The relationship is what is called an 'association'. I am chinese myself and I do believe they way you have put the statements will upset quite a lot of people.

This therad is closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.