Thailand Open Quarter-Final (28/07)

Discussion in 'Macau Open / Thailand Open 2006' started by badMania, Jul 27, 2006.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

MEN'S SINGLES
    Chen Yu vs Boonsak Ponsana (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- again, I hope Boonsak can win.

Chen Hong vs Bao Chunlai -- both players need to win a title...and both are inconsistent. Tough to pick....Bao perhaps?

Chen Jin vs Park Sung Hwan -- no doubt, Chen Jin to win!

Mohd Hafiz Hashim vs Yeoh Kay Bin -- likewise, Hafiz should have an edge over his compatriot.

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Fang Chieh-Min/Lee Sheng-Mu vs Hoon Thien How/Tan Boon Heong -- the young Malaysian pair should win.

Yoo Yeong Seong/Jeon Jun Bum vs Lee Jae Jin/Hwang Ji Man -- the more experienced Lee/Hwang to win.

Chew Choon Eng/Hong Chieng Hun vs Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae -- an intriguing match...the non-BAM pair has proven that they are no pushover after a series of good performances in the Malaysia Open. They can create a surprise yet again...but I still think Jung/Lee will win.

Rian Sukmawan/Eng Hian vs Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- I hope the Indonesian pair can reach their first semi-final, but, Choong/Lee has a slight edge.

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Ai Goto vs Eriko Hirose -- the battle of the Japanese girls...with the more experienced one to win.

Adrianti Firdasari vs Zhu Lin (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- Firda has done well to reach the quarter-final. It will be a bonus if she can push the Chinese to 3 sets and a miracle if she can win!

Yoshimi Hataya vs Yao Jie -- the relatively unknown Jap girl beat Lu Lan today and Yao has to be careful.

Hwang Hye Youn vs Xie Xingfang -- the Chinese player should win!

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Lydia Cheah Li Ya/Tee Yi Jing vs Lena Frier-Kristensen/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl -- the more experienced Danes should win.

Chien Yu-Chin/Cheng Wen-Hsing vs Saralee Thoungthongkam/Sathinee Jankrajangwong (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- the backing of the home crowd could turn the favor into the Thai pair's balance...but...Chien/Cheng has been pretty stable lately.

Miyuki Maeda/Satoko Suetsuna vs Wong Pei Tty/Chin Ee Hui -- the Malaysian pair has an edge.

Wei Yili/Zhang Yawen vs Lee Kyung Won/Lee Hyo Jung -- another candidate for match of the round...tough to pick...but as always, I go for the Chinese pair to win.

MIXED DOUBLES
    Lee Jae Jin/Lee Hyo Jung vs Lars Paaske/Helle Nielsen -- a tricky but manageable tie for Lee/Lee.

Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thoungthongkam vs Jeon Jun Bum/Kim Min Jung -- no problem for the home pair.

Hsieh Yu-Hsing/Yang Chia-Tseng vs Thomas Laybourn/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl -- likewise, the newly crowned Macau Open champion should progress.

Lee Yong Dae/Hwang Yu Mi vs Zhang Jun/Gao Ling (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- a tough match for both pairs, but, the Chinese pair has an edge.

2. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

agree , chen jin vs hafiz, Bonsak vs Bao Cunlai ...

3. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i agree with all the predictions except for chen hong, i think experience will prevail in this match this time ... i'm becoming a big fan of lee yong dae as well! imagine, a high-school kid, it's like 'prince of tennis' in real life, except of course that this is badminton ...

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Both the Boy's World Junior champions in singles (Chen Jin) and doubles (Hoon/Tan) are still in it with great opportunities to advance to the SF. Not to mention the phenomenal Lee Yong Dae. I'd be delighted to see some youth represented in the T.O. finals

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I hope Hafiz can win and defend the title this year.

6. badmad

badmad Regular Member

well, defending the title might be just an excuse for you to say that hafiz shud win ;)... might be u too want chen jin to lose... u know like the ardent malaysian fan... :D :D just kidding...

7. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    is chen hong in decline?

in the AE2005 he seems ok though...

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Of course i will support my players 1st if they are still playing. :). If they lose then i will go to my second choice either Bao Chunlai or Boonsak and i don't mind if Chen Yu win this tournament. He played well and he deserve it.

9. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

I hope Kay Bin can win and go all the way to capture his first ever Open title.He has been dormant for quite a long time.His only international recognition was as a runner up in the Junior World Championship 1998 in Melbourne.His famous contemporaries were Gong Ruina,the single's champion,XXF and Zhang Jiewen,the double champion and CCm and Teo Kok Seng the boys doubles" champion.In that year we also have Cai Yun,Huang Sui and Hu ting.Zhang Yang was the single champion.It's high time for him to fight to the last drop of his blood.Go for it,man.

10. pramilainc

pramilainc Regular Member

ACGT
    I want chen hong to win the tourney. I think he's the only chinese MS player who knows how to smile. :)

11. ants

ants Regular Member

KokCheng.. so serious ah.. until last drop of blood. :eek: Well i also hope he will fare well in this tournament.

12. magical_phoenix

magical_phoenix Regular Member

OMG most of the men's singles quarter finalists are my favourites. I hope Bao will win though for his first title in, I dunno, five years??

13. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

I read somewhere that Malaysian's challenge in MD and WD has ended. Is it true? Anyone to provide info?

14. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    the matches are not even played yet
    malaysian WS and MX ended....you must've made a mistake..i'm sure u read the article from the star newspaper

15. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    if you haven't notice, its just a prediction/estimation, aka. guess

16. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

Well it is true, Malaysian interest is only in the MS, MD and WD

17. zia.ufrida

zia.ufrida Regular Member

Adrianti Firdasari vs Zhu Lin (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- Firda has done well to reach the quarter-final. It will be a bonus if she can push the Chinese to 3 sets and a miracle if she can win!

Yoshimi Hataya vs Yao Jie -- the relatively unknown Jap girl beat Lu Lan today and Yao has to be careful.

Badmania... Don't you think that china's young WS players are not consistent yet. I really surprise to saw Lu Lan was beaten by an unknown Japanese player. Is that because Yoshimi Hataya very strong or Lu lan was not in her good form?

18. Ai Mei

Ai Mei Regular Member

Student in a High School
    i hope bao chunlai will win this match.....^^

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I agree about the inconsistency of the young Chinese players. We have seen how these players were defeated by some unknown players in recent tourneys. I hope Firda can also create an upset by beating Zhu Lin! The fact that she has beaten the no 10 ranked Kaori Mori is a proof that she can beat the top players!

20. peace

peace Regular Member

It is indeed true, badmania! I hope There will be an upset for the QF.
    It makes a tournament more interesting !:)