Thailand Open SEMI-FINAL (29/07)

Discussion in 'Macau Open / Thailand Open 2006' started by badMania, Jul 28, 2006.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

MEN'S SINGLES
    Chen Yu vs Chen Hong -- a battle of the Chens...Chen Hong to win.

Chen Jin vs Mohd Hafiz Hashim (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- can Hafiz break his jinx and won a match against Chen Jin? I don't think so....Chen Jin to win!

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Fang Chieh-Min/Lee Sheng-Mu vs Lee Jae Jin/Hwang Ji Man -- the unknown Chinese Taipei pair has impressed me by beating Hoon/Tan today. However, their luck should run out by tomorrow. The Korean pair should win the match!

Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae vs Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- it could be an all-Korean Final on Sunday and the increasingly dangerous pair of Jung/Lee should have an edge over the veteran Malaysian pair of Choong/Lee.

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Eriko Hirose
    vs Zhu Lin (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- can the Jap beat the relatively inconsistent young Chinese player? I certainly hope so!

Yao Jie vs Hwang Hye Youn -- the Korean created an upset by beating the second seed Xie Xingfang today. However, I think Yao Jie will win.

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Lena Frier-Kristensen/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl vs Saralee Thoungthongkam/Sathinee Jankrajangwong -- the home pair has a slight edge, but not that both Kamilla and Saralee will be playing in the XD earlier.

Wong Pei Tty/Chin Ee Hui vs Lee Kyung Won/Lee Hyo Jung (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- with no Chinese pair left in the draw, the Korean pair should take the title.

MIXED DOUBLES
    Lee Jae Jin/Lee Hyo Jung vs Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thongthongkam (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- a thrilling match in store...althought the Korean is slightly superior, home advantage favor the Thai pair. I hope the Thai pair win!

Thomas Laybourn/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl vs Lee Yong Dae/Hwang Yu Mi -- the Korean has a slight edge after several impressive performances in the past few weeks. But, the Danes are no pushover. Like the first match, it could go into the rubber set.

2. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Well think again - Who won the Philippines Open and who got knocked out ?

3. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

CJ got knocked out in PO? Cant really remember la. Beatan by who?

4. azneric

azneric Regular Member

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Fang Chieh-Min/Lee Sheng-Mu vs Lee Jae Jin/Hwang Ji Man -- the unknown Chinese Taipei pair has impressed me by beating Hoon/Tan today. However, their luck should run out by tomorrow. The Korean pair should win the match!

i certainly hope the taipei pair to win even though the chance is quit tiny, however it will be a good experience for the new comer

5. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

What does it matter if you cannot remember ? It was Hafiz that won it - that's all you need to remember !

6. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

But im kinda interested on who had beatan him :p

7. chanbc

chanbc Regular Member

If i remember correctly, Chen Jin did not take part in 2006 PO.

8. wynn000

wynn000 Regular Member

i thin cj no play in PO

9. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

chen jin did not play in PO n hafiz never beat him be4 ...

10. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

i want chen jin meet chen yu in final ....

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

ERR....I don't think any Chinese players were in Manila for the Philippines Open. You can't compare the standards of players there vs in Bangkok this week!

12. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i predict the malaysian women will win, but then i would, wouldn't i?? :D

13. xijiayu

xijiayu Regular Member

CJ is strong but i hope MHH to win.

14. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

i think chinese women are in trouble with only one representation on semifinal from WD and WS category...
    hmmm.. i hope it will happen more in the future... dont get me wrong but it will be more interesting with no domination from one country....

15. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

i agree .. like ms n md ... it is not dominated by one or two country only ...so it's more interesting 2 see ... ws n wd are boring ... hehehe

16. Ai Mei

Ai Mei Regular Member

Student in a High School
    bao chunlai has tried his best

:eek::eek: bao chunlai was beaten by chen hong??????????? :crying:
    :crying:hix hix hix.............:crying::crying::crying::crying:
    but he has tried with all his best.............jia you bao.....i hope u'll win in your next match....:)

17. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

Strongly agreed.
    This is what I hope to see as well in womens' badminton.

18. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Chen Jin never participated in PO. I hope Hafiz will do well and advance to the Finals. It will be a close match. For WS.. i hope Yao Jie will win.
    After winning the ABC title in doubles... i hope LWW and CTF can win this TO. :)

19. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    BCL....:crying: :crying: i wanna cry too.....he's getting worst!!:crying: :crying: i thought he's the strongest after PG,LCW and LHI is out...but he......*sigh*:( :( :(

20. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    It's been Lin Dan era for a quite long time. Before that, it was Chen Hong era. He used to dominate, won a lot of titles. He is still a 6* star title holder (how many people equal to or better than that? only Lin Dan, Taufik, Chen Jin) . He plays at very high level, with decent skills and powerful attacks. He's also polite, and selfish-less (his off court at Korean open). He looks good, well beauty is in the eye of beholder. Generally he's a nice guy, while very few people like him here :confused: :confused: :confused: Very few people even count him as one of the top players.

If we define top players as top ranked players, the top fours are:
    Lin Dan, Lee CW, Gade, and Chen Hong !

If we define top players as won highest star tournaments(6 and up), the only top players are (happen to be 4):
    Lin Dan, Taufic, Chen Jin and Chen Hong!

Lin Dan and Chen Hong are the only 2 top players in both category, if Chen Hong is not one of the top players, who is entitled to? Maybe only Lin Dan can claim that. No body else can! Even though badminton has entered Lin Dan era from Chen Hong era for quite a long time, Chen Hong is still a strong competitor.

BCL, well, I have to admit, he's a runner up expert. Anyone remember he won anything big, 6 star Danish open in which year?

I predicted Chen Yu would achieve something early. Simply because he's a long time victim of the current IBF system. He's good enough to be at any tournaments, but unfortunately he did not have chance to participate really. So he deserves something.

By the way, I am not a fan of any particular player, I'm just a fan of badminton. That's the key difference between my posts with other die hard fans.