User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    A couple more of pic of ZL from the Canadian Open last July in Richmond.

OTB, we had to pay to get in but the event was still quite well attended. Badminton Canada has to be business-like (as opposed to politically correct) when selecting a city to host the Open
    That was because ZL and PHY participated, and this time it was held in Vancouver, everything in Vancouver costs $$$
    The Canadian Open in Calgary, I think it was last year, was played at the winter club, and local canadian players participated. I can drive from my house in less than 15 min and I did not go. If ZL and PHY came at that time, I go see too. And if TH comes, I can guarantee you even in Calgary, it won't be free, that is called star power

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    That was because ZL and PHY participated, and this time it was held in Vancouver, everything in Vancouver costs $$$
    The Canadian Open in Calgary, I think it was last year, was played at the winter club, and local canadian players participated. I can drive from my house in less than 15 min and I did not go. If ZL and PHY came at that time, I go see too. And if TH comes, I can guarantee you even in Calgary, it won't be free, that is called star power
    I guess you could say timing is everything. With the Canadian Open being upgraded to a GP tournament and grouped at the same time with the US Open, it made it more attractive for players to come over. The irony was the Canadian Open ultimately drew better players than the US Open.

Plus I think the players preferred Vancouver to Calgary (just kidding ). Seriously though, the Richmond Oval is a great venue (save a few teething pains) with the ability to expand seating capacity if necessary. I hope the Open (and Zhu Lin plus a stronger cast) will be back here again next year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    I guess you could say timing is everything. With the Canadian Open being upgraded to a GP tournament and grouped at the same time with the US Open, it made it more attractive for players to come over. The irony was the Canadian Open ultimately drew better players than the US Open.

Plus I think the players preferred Vancouver to Calgary (just kidding ). Seriously though, the Richmond Oval is a great venue (save a few teething pains) with the ability to expand seating capacity if necessary. I hope the Open (and Zhu Lin plus a stronger cast) will be back here again next year.
    You are not wrong, Vancouver is jokingly referred to as God's land, I too pick Vanc over Calgary. With the 2nd biggest Chinatown in North America (San Fran is biggest) with chinese street names, not that many chinese can be wrong. I was working in 1987-88 in Vancouver. I designed the mechanical system for the MetroTown shopping complex, 2 high schools and 16 luxury condo complexes in that one year and could have stayed and a bungalow in West Van (most desirable part of Vancouver) can be had for C$125K and today is >C$1M. Beautiful British Columbia (so, so true), no snow and close to US, lots of rain (I can live with rain being from MAS), and excellent chinese restaurants, except very expensive to live and high taxes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..if the same number & "big name" players decide to come to next yr's U.S. Open and Canada Open, then i would say it is indeed a big achievement (i personally hope so)..Remember, the schedule for next yr would have the Canada Open following after the U.S. Open (unlike this yr)..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is she now? Still playing for team China?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ZL was a player/coach in the CBSL for the Shanghai team. I watched the game between ZL and JYJ earlier this year.

She recently vented some frustration/anger in her blog. Not exactly sure what happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedShuttle View Post
    ZL was a player/coach in the CBSL for the Shanghai team. I watched the game between ZL and JYJ earlier this year.

She recently vented some frustration/anger in her blog. Not exactly sure what happened.
    Sometime they are lucky become part of a CHN team have many good player. But, other side must hard work to keep position in team. Anytime, a new player can replace

Thank you that information, RedShuttle

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedShuttle View Post

I watched that ZL vs JYJ match also. ZL just dominated JYJ in the first game. But she just completely ran out of gas on the second and third game. She is only 27 and is still playing badminton actively. Just wonder why it happened.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong View Post
    I watched that ZL vs JYJ match also. ZL just dominated JYJ in the first game. But she just completely ran out of gas on the second and third game. She is only 27 and is still playing badminton actively. Just wonder why it happened.
    Here we can get to say that winning is not only for the more skilled player, but also for the fitter player. This is especially true for Singles matches.

IMHO, currently ZL is not fit enough to play at top level fitness-wise.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a few latest photos of the ex-world champion

Name:  705402b8jw8edsffcz3mmj20e80e8ab3.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  45.4 KB

Name:  705402b8jw1e8e9athhobj20qs0zqqa3.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  54.3 KB

Name:  705402b8jw1edvo30qpfej20no0vk42t.jpg