bg70 pro works well on mp100?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by yoyomonkey, Jul 29, 2006.

1. yoyomonkey

yoyomonkey Regular Member

My friend told me that for mp100 the bg70 pro is best? personally i had my mp100 with bg70 and 68ti. I like the bg70 better.

2. jerby

jerby Regular Member

if you like bg70...use it...
    racket and strings are personal, there's no 'best combination'

if you like your mp100. and you like bg68ti/70 then use the one you like...there are no written rules for what racket/string you like...

3. yoyomonkey

the question is should i go for bg80 or bg85 cause i can get them for pretty much the same price.

4. jerby

jerby Regular Member

that depends on durability...

if you buy them in packs why not buy 3x80 3x85 3x70 ?

bg70 is known to hold tension well, and is a durable 0.70mm
    bg80 is 0.68mm thick and therefore less durable than bg70. but it's probably more 'playable' there more bounce (repulsion?) and more control.
    bg85 is only 0.67mm and grips the shuttle very well (you'll feel it when you pla) but it's the least durable of the 3

bg85 vs bg80: generally a lot of people think 80 is better. it's a lot more durable and the difference in performance isn't really big. if my strings pop i'll test the two out...will take a long while... I just got two freshly strung rackets...

5. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    You might wanna consider thicker string in the winter and thinner string in the summer. Due to central heating in buildings, your strings could go through dramatic change in ambient temperature (from the car trunk in the dead of winter to hot and dry heated gym. This could affect their durability and weaken them further. My experience with BG70Pro has been generally positive. It might not produce very impressive sound but it'll cut down on the number of trips to your stringer. BG80 is another string I used to get regularly, it has slightly better performance than BG70Pro (both strung at 21lbs~25lbs). Like Jerby mentioned, it's less durable and the main reason why I switched back to BG70Pro.

6. yoyomonkey