Smash Question

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Shocker85, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Shocker85

Shocker85 Regular Member

Hello everyone. I've been pondering on this question for quite awhile, as i find it quite difficult to exceute a fine/perfect smash stroke. Do you catch the birdy at the "highest point" to smash or is it when the birdie is slighty infront of you then you smash..? Please help clarify!!!

2. Tweak

Tweak Regular Member

Student
    You're supposed to smash the shuttle at the highest point. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but the point behind hitting it at the highest point is to get the steepest angle for your smash. Hitting the shuttle in front of you just makes it go flat, which is easy for your opponent to pick up.

3. bertbrainz

bertbrainz Regular Member

yes...it shuld b a combination of both...u shuld hit the shuttle infront of u...but at the same time try to get it as high as possible...but gettin the shuttle infront of u is of greater importance...hope it helps...

4. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

highest point of contact would be right above you at a 90 degree angle, at that angle it is not good to produce a good smash, you wanna hit it slightly in front of you as high as you can get it.

5. robc06

robc06 Regular Member

Editor
    Make sure you are behind the shuttle as well, a lot of people with incorrect footwork will smash from underneath the shuttle. You should jump and scissor from behind the shuttle so your momentum is going foward.

6. Shocker85

Shocker85 Regular Member

Awesome! Thanks for the advice guys. Will definetly practice w. these current inputs. :D