User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 2006 US Open

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    I remember the Yeh sisters were really active 2-3 years ago, but seems not into too much action lately (according to their seeds)? Correct me if I am wrong... Anyone has their recent pics, prefer in action.
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Yep, they are less active now. They used to come to SGVBC and train with Alex every other week. I haven't seen them in a long time now. Hope they do well though.
    ..hmm, if i'm not mistaken(correct me if i'm wrong guys), they used to go to IVC(Irvine Valley College) the last 2 yrs or so(i believe i saw their pics with the Ladies Badminton team) along with Grace Peng as their coach. But recently, i haven't seen them competing either even @ OCBC. However, i saw either Yeh's(Rulen or Rulien) name playing for a midwestern area college??(again, correct me if i'm wrong guys)..
    Anyways, for LazyYBuddy, i *will try* to take a pic or two of them..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-09-2006 at 11:27 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesshieh88
    i'll also be there this friday and saturday. hope to see you all there! anyways i'll help ctjcad out with pictures. i also dont own any weapons like kwun's that he used during the BC gathering last summer. i'll do my best! wear your BC t-shirts!
    ..all the "help" is welcome & needed, jamesshieh88..
    hope to see you either Friday or Saturday..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    Its hard to get a US Visa if you are a Philippino. Too much hassle. But i don't think Lili and Tek Ming will have any problem.
    it's not because one is a Filipino that he/she can't get a visa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(((But at least the other Philippines players made it(the Asuncions, Lili & her husband and Puri Setyo??)..Hopefully next time she'll make it..)))

i think only vic and kennie made it. lili, tek ming, minarti didn't get a visa. puri setyo is no longer a coach for bingo bonanza. he went back to indonesia 2 weeks ago. he will coach for djarum in jakarta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesshieh88
    i'll also be there this friday and saturday. hope to see you all there! anyways i'll help ctjcad out with pictures. i also dont own any weapons like kwun's that he used during the BC gathering last summer. i'll do my best! wear your BC t-shirts!
    BC t-shirts?? how can I get one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    ah well, Halim/Angie vs. Tony/Minarti will be quite a spectacle.
    The online results show Gunawan/Timur lost due to walkover, does this mean a withdrawal?

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...d=11856&draw=9

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blueagle
    i think only vic and kennie made it. lili, tek ming, minarti didn't get a visa. puri setyo is no longer a coach for bingo bonanza. he went back to indonesia 2 weeks ago. he will coach for djarum in jakarta.
    ..tonight i only saw Kennie and her brother...however the online result hasn't shown Lili or Tek Ming resulted in a WO; however blueagle could be right...tomorrow i will find out more-sorry..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by monto
    The online results show Gunawan/Timur lost due to walkover, does this mean a withdrawal?

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...d=11856&draw=9
    ..yes, that's a confirmation..no Minarti in sight..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The no 1-seeded Asuncion siblings lost to Vitaly Durkin/Valerya Sorokina in 3 tight sets 21-19, 20-22, 20-22. The winner will meet Eric Go/Mona Santoso in the QF today.

The other suprise came from MD where Howard Bach/Khan Malaythong lost to Alexander Nikolaenko/Vitaly Durkin also in 3 close sets 21-13, 21-23, 20-22. This guy...Vitaly Durkin must be pretty good The winner entertains the no 1-seeded pair of Mike Beres/William Milroy today.

Meanwhile, Tony Gunawan/Halim Heryanto had no problems with their first test, an easy 21-9, 21-5 victory over Tommy McKee/Christopher Lun and should go all the way to win the title! Partnering with Angelina De Pauw, Halim is also in contention for the XD tile. The pair beat the 5/8th seed Brian Prevoe/Amelie Felx 21-17, 21-17 to reach the QF.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Day 2 - 1st Round - some pics and reviews

..alright guys, as promised, i was able to go tonight to watch Day 1 action and took some pics, although only the matinee matches, as i came after work..When i came, the place was pretty quiet, not many people. But i would assume it'll get more and more people, as the QF days come.

Some "noticeable" reviews:
    The matches that i saw weren't that much interesting, as 50% of the combatants were up and comers/juniors. And the rest were usual OCBC players.
    -Saw a couple of Trinidad & Tobago MD players(see pics below). I believe they actually scored an upset over the OCBC jrs.
    -Saw the Asuncions siblings in action(see pics below). Although Kennie lost her WD match against a Russian pair, which i thought played very2 well. They won in 2 straight sets, come storming back in the 2nd set after being down 15-7. Kennie's partner was the weak link, i believed. Kennevic on the other hand, played a long match pairing up with Eric Go.
    -Saw Chandra(Ko Wi) in action(see pic below). IMO, i thought he wasn't that impressive.
    -Saw Tony & Halim pairing up(see pics below). Not much actions, as they were playing 50% capacity.
    -Saw the 2 SGVBC gals, Grace and Johanna in their catchy blue uniforms(see pics below). Hehe, DinkAlot must be a big supporter of them..
    -Saw the Yeh twins in actions(actually took quite a few pics of them just for our friend LazyBuddy)....They took an early exit though, against Grace & Johanna.
    -And finally saw the defending GGBC WD pair, Angie and Mona(see pics below). They won in straight sets, although the Smash City's gals gave them a run for their money in the 1st set, only to lose it near the end. I thought they were playing casually, take it easy against Daphne Ng and Lauren Todt. IMO, too little action to tell if the defending GGBC Open's WD pair were really playing serious or not, but yah, it's true, that Mona gal really plays like a "guy". Body movement and smashes just as hard as a "guy" also. Although her movement on court were not as smooth as Angie..

Overall, 2nd Day 1st Rd matches weren't much interesting. But the 2 pairs which caught attention were the Russian WD pair and Trinidad & Tobago MD pair...Anyways, enjoy the few "clear" pics below and sorry for my unstable hand. I will try to get more & better and less blurry pics in the coming days...
    Attached Images Attached Images                                                                    
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-10-2006 at 02:30 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania
    The no 1-seeded Asuncion siblings lost to Vitaly Durkin/Valerya Sorokina in 3 tight sets 21-19, 20-22, 20-22. The winner will meet Eric Go/Mona Santoso in the QF today.

The other suprise came from MD where Howard Bach/Khan Malaythong lost to Alexander Nikolaenko/Vitaly Durkin also in 3 close sets 21-13, 21-23, 20-22. This guy...Vitaly Durkin must be pretty good The winner entertains the no 1-seeded pair of Mike Beres/William Milroy today.
    hmm, will have to look out for the Russian pairs tomorrow..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blueagle
    it's not because one is a Filipino that he/she can't get a visa.
    i'm not saying a Filipino can't get a visa.. I'm saying its harder for them to get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad the Asuncions lost... they were very close...

Thanks for the pics Ctjcad. =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    ..yes, that's a confirmation..no Minarti in sight..
    HI Chris,
    I saw you sitting alone across from where i sat last night. To night will be a short one because they will finish like around 7:00 pm according to the schedule. So it will not be along night.

Hope to see you to night !!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad-Saw the 2 SGVBC gals, Grace and Johanna in their catchy blue uniforms(see pics below). Hehe, [I
    DinkAlot[/I] must be a big supporter of them..
    Thanks for the pics Chris.

Dang straight I support Grace and Johanna. I gotta support my home team. I get run by Grace every Tuesday and Thursday. Well, not this week.

Oh, I concur, their outfit looks good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Yep, they are less active now. They used to come to SGVBC and train with Alex every other week. I haven't seen them in a long time now. Hope they do well though.
    They are in nursing school!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by harimau
    HI Chris,
    I saw you sitting alone across from where i sat last night. To night will be a short one because they will finish like around 7:00 pm according to the schedule. So it will not be along night.

Hope to see you to night !!!!
    Hi koh Kurtis,
    yah, i was there sitting alone on the other side of the bench last night...The sitting area where i was sitting was actually "empty"..Actually since i was going to take some pics, i noticed if i sit on the crowd side and take a pic across, it'll show an "emptier" backdrop (well, there are few players from other countries sitting there)...So at least taking a pic from the side i was sitting at, made the seating more "full"..hehehe
    Anyways, i'm wondering why most people prefer to sit on one side only??..
    Alright, thanks for info again on the time schedule-I'll probably go there earlier... See you later-

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast