User Tag List

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 86 to 102 of 175

Thread: 2006 US Open

  1. #86
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nice coverage.

  2. #87
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    - Saw the longest and probably the most intense match of the day. MS match between Ivlev and a Canadian guy(sorry, forgot the name, it has a long name). Quite worth a watch, as both players have different styles of play:Russian quicker with more power shots while the Canadian with more patient and simple game. At the end, the Canadian made more self-errors thus the defeat.
    ..oops, sorry, it should've been the Russian, not Canadian..

  3. #88
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,428
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks Chris...for the nice review and pics.

    Hmmm...the Russians are now coming into the fray in badminton? Remember..they were nobodies in tennis....and suddenly the Russian gals (Sharapova and co) are winning all the slams. Can we see the same for Dimova and co for badminton?

  4. #89
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants
    Nice coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by badMania
    Thanks Chris...for the nice review and pics.

    Hmmm...the Russians are now coming into the fray in badminton? Remember..they were nobodies in tennis....and suddenly the Russian gals (Sharapova and co) are winning all the slams. Can we see the same for Dimova and co for badminton?
    sure, no problem guys...it's time consuming, but i enjoyed doing so and sharing with you guys in here(besides it's only a once a yr event, hehe)...only thing i wish i had is a "weapon", no, make that 2 "weapons" like what kwun has..hehe

    Yah, speaking of tennis and Russian gals, you know what, i was chatting with another fan today, and we mentioned that the Russian gals, who are competing here, reminded us of their own tennis stars Sharapova and co. Esp. the Vislova, Dimova, Ruslayakova gals...all of them, the aura and their court presence/image seems to reminisce of their tennis counterparts..
    BTW, i thought those gals made it to the Uber Cup Finals in Japan this yr??..sorry, don't recall..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-11-2006 at 02:30 AM.

  5. #90
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    ..oops, sorry, it should've been the Russian, not Canadian..
    ctjcad, are you using a regular digital camera? i suggest you use a faster shutter speed and keep your hands very still especially if your taking pictures in digital zoom. pics are nice but would even be better if not too blurry.

  6. #91
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania
    Thanks Chris...for the nice review and pics.

    Hmmm...the Russians are now coming into the fray in badminton? Remember..they were nobodies in tennis....and suddenly the Russian gals (Sharapova and co) are winning all the slams. Can we see the same for Dimova and co for badminton?
    it could be a start of a new rivalry. China and russia are practically neighbors

    I vote the canadian players have the nicest outfits in this open

  7. #92
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blueagle
    ctjcad, are you using a regular digital camera? i suggest you use a faster shutter speed and keep your hands very still especially if your taking pictures in digital zoom. pics are nice but would even be better if not too blurry.
    yes, i'm using a cheap reg. Kodak digital camera(CX7530 to be exact)...Yes, i was trying to find that feature but unfortunately, it has limited options for a faster shutter speed..Maybe you guys can help me out a bit; the only options it has are:
    1. ISO speed (which ranges from ISO 80 to ISO 400)
    2. Exposure metering(multi pattern, center weight and center spot)
    3. Focus zone(multi zone and center zone)
    4. Long time exposure (from none to 4 seconds)
    and to use a Night feature(which probably has the fastest shutter speed)...But then the pic will be a bit dark, as i can't use flash during play...anyways, will play around with the settings some more...
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-11-2006 at 02:51 AM.

  8. #93
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    yes, i'm using a cheap reg. Kodak digital camera(CX7530 to be exact)...Yes, i was trying to find that feature but unfortunately, it has limited options for a faster shutter speed..Maybe you guys can help me out a bit; the only options it has are:
    1. ISO speed (which ranges from ISO 80 to ISO 400)
    2. Exposure metering(multi pattern, center weight and center spot)
    3. Focus zone(multi zone and center zone)
    4. Long time exposure (from none to 4 seconds)
    and to use a Night feature(which probably has the fastest shutter speed)...But then the pic will be a bit dark, as i can't use flash during play...anyways, will play around with the settings some more...
    iSO400 is the most important option. the rest are not relevant...

  9. #94
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Off topic-Thanks for the tip..

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    iSO400 is the most important option. the rest are not relevant...
    OK, thanks for the tip kwun......yah, i was wondering abt that also...so, are you suggesting i use ISO400 and use the Sports option??..i think Sports has the fastest shutter speed..
    Alright, I will try that next time and hope for the best..

  10. #95
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh
    The Russians are coming right at the doorsteps of the US.

    China may be able to prevent their advance if the prize money is upped many more times to make the very long journey to OCBC (perhaps far too small for an upgraded Open) worth their while for the world-class Asians. Then our fellow BFers in the US will be able to enjoy many more top-rate Opens.
    yah, it's quite true...i think the prize money hasn't been upgraded for a while...While the ticket price has been increased slightly from 2 yrs ago..
    The last time a "big name" player from *outside the U.S.* came to the U.S. Open was in 2004(Peter Rasmussen). Prior to that was in 2002, when both Peters came to town(Gade and Rasmussen)..

  11. #96
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    No worry, clear non-action ones are perfectly fine. Thanks a lot.
    LazyBuddy, sorry, i didn't see the Yeh sisters yesterday at the QF day...Perhaps today or tomorrow they'll come again??..

  12. #97
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    OK, thanks for the tip kwun......yah, i was wondering abt that also...so, are you suggesting i use ISO400 and use the Sports option??..i think Sports has the fastest shutter speed..
    Alright, I will try that next time and hope for the best..
    yup. use the sports mode for faster shutter speed. keep your hands steady.

  13. #98
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Bell tower
    Posts
    732
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Chris, may be this will help to keep the camera steady:

    http://www.semsons.com/botcaptripfo.html


  14. #99
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,202
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quasimodo
    Chris, may be this will help to keep the camera steady:

    http://www.semsons.com/botcaptripfo.html

    Very creative.

    Chris, if you need to borrow a tripod, I can lend you one.

  15. #100
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Off topic-thanks for the tips guys..

    Quote Originally Posted by blueagle
    yup. use the sports mode for faster shutter speed. keep your hands steady.
    yah, i think that's what i'm gonna try this time around. Yesterday when i tried the Sport mode, the pics came out pretty dark(as it only allows very minimal light). Esp. it gets a bit challenging when taking action/sports photos without flash.. But i think the ISO on my digicam the last couple of days was set to Auto, that's why it's producing darker pics. This time i'm going to boost the ISO speed to 400, maybe even 800, as it is the max ISO speed provided..
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasimodo
    Chris, may be this will help to keep the camera steady:

    http://www.semsons.com/botcaptripfo.html

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Chris, if you need to borrow a tripod, I can lend you one.
    hehe, i like that product, Quasimodo....But unfortunately it's maybe a bit late to order and have it here with me...hehe
    I have a tripod somewhere though, but have to look for it....thanks for the offer, Dan..

    Anyways, i'll see what i can do with the minor ISO adjustment-wish me luck guys..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-11-2006 at 01:13 PM.

  16. #101
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    1,638
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    I vote the canadian players have the nicest outfits in this open
    I agree with you 100%.

  17. #102
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    2,394
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    I vote the canadian players have the nicest outfits in this open
    Yeah, what's going on with Charmaine Reid's top? It looks like she's wearing a sports bra or something.

    I can't see any photos that are in focus that show any of the Canadians wearing that. The only others I can tell are Canadian are just wearing regular polo shirts with dull colours.
    Last edited by event; 08-11-2006 at 11:58 PM.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Request: Hong Kong Open 2006 and Macau Open 2006 MS Finals
    By carbonex20 in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 1
    : 10-07-2007, 07:38 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    : 10-23-2006, 07:45 PM
  3. Replies: 23
    : 10-18-2006, 07:25 AM
  4. WIll Astro broadcast Japan open and China open 2006 live ?
    By fukusami16 in forum Japan Open / China Open 2006
    Replies: 22
    : 10-14-2006, 05:35 AM
  5. Replies: 14
    : 10-03-2006, 03:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •