Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 2006 US Open

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by harimau
    He is not the Chandra Wijaya. His name is only CHandra; yup he was an ex pelatnas who resigned or dismissed from there last year. I saw him played against Ety and some older guys at OCBC on SAT; it was a good for fun only. But later on that same day, he also picked up some double game with TONY G, HALIM H, and HOWARD BACH and they also switched around pairing with different player among them all. But he does nt look too sharp among the four he might be the weakest one. I hope he does nt still have jet lag or what ever.
    thx for the info, harimau..
    btw, any sightings of Minarti Timur yet??..Did she come with the rest of the Philippines team(ie. the Asuncions)?? cos i believe she is coaching there??..do you know if she'll move over here to the U.S. and join Tony & Halim as coaches??..
    How abt the 2 INA gals, Mona and Angie?? are they there already??..
    oh, btw, i saw another player named Li Li Wang, playing under the INA flag??..do you know who she might be?? cos i've never heard of her before, at least playing for INA??..

anyways, hope to see you sometimes this week..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jet lag or nervousness??..

Quote Originally Posted by harimau
    He is not the Chandra Wijaya. His name is only CHandra; yup he was an ex pelatnas who resigned or dismissed from there last year. I saw him played against Ety and some older guys at OCBC on SAT; it was a good for fun only. But later on that same day, he also picked up some double game with TONY G, HALIM H, and HOWARD BACH and they also switched around pairing with different player among them all. But he does nt look too sharp among the four he might be the weakest one. I hope he does nt still have jet lag or what ever.
    ..could be true...but, could be a case of nervous jitters also; you know, playing against the current MD World Champions..hehe...besides, i think other than Chandra, those other 3 players are a bit older than him..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    thx for the info, harimau..
    btw, any sightings of Minarti Timur yet??..Did she come with the rest of the Philippines team(ie. the Asuncions)?? cos i believe she is coaching there??..do you know if she'll move over here to the U.S. and join Tony & Halim as coaches??..
    How abt the 2 INA gals, Mona and Angie?? are they there already??..
    oh, btw, i saw another player named Li Li Wang, playing under the INA flag??..do you know who she might be?? cos i've never heard of her before, at least playing for INA??..

anyways, hope to see you sometimes this week..

I just saw Minarti Timur and the other Indonesians at the Asuncion Badminton Center yesterday. No idea why their still here in the Philippines. Are they joining or not?

Lili Wang is a Chinese player who married an Indonesian player, Tek Ming. They're currently based in the Philippines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Kyle has a chance if it isn't Chandra W.!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bratinella
    I just saw Minarti Timur and the other Indonesians at the Asuncion Badminton Center yesterday. No idea why their still here in the Philippines. Are they joining or not?

Lili Wang is a Chinese player who married an Indonesian player, Tek Ming. They're currently based in the Philippines.
    thanks for the infos bratinella...wow, surprised to see how fast this inquiry got around(less than hr.), let alone from someone in Philippines..
    I guess it'll be a pretty good size contingency from Philippines. Do you know if both Lili and Tek Ming are coaching there?? My guess is they have left or at latest will travel today, your time, cos the event will begin this coming Tuesday(L.A. time)..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    thanks for the infos bratinella...wow, surprised to see how fast this inquiry got around(less than hr.), let alone from someone in Philippines..
    I guess it'll be a pretty good size contingency from Philippines. Do you know if both Lili and Tek Ming are coaching there?? My guess is they have left or at latest will travel today, your time, cos the event will begin this coming Tuesday(L.A. time)..
    Honestly, I don't know if they're still travelling or not. Last I heard, is that they're having problems with their visas. I'm hoping they can still go.

Lili and Tek Ming coaches for Bingo Bonanza, the company who sponsored the RP Open.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thanks for the info and too bad though...

Honestly, I don't know if they're still travelling or not. Last I heard, is that they're having problems with their visas. I'm hoping they can still go.

Lili and Tek Ming coaches for Bingo Bonanza, the company who sponsored the RP Open.
    uh-oh, problems with visas??... oh boy, will that effect everyone or just some players.. sigh..
    I was expecting to see Tony and Minarti pairing up and put up a nice exhibition for the L.A./SoCal folks....Now, it seems like, if that is the current case, we won't be able to see them in action..Hopefully they'll make it here in time..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its hard to get a US Visa if you are a Philippino. Too much hassle. But i don't think Lili and Tek Ming will have any problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I see them again at The Asuncion Badminton Center this week, it means they really have a big problem. It means Tony will not have a mixed pair

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Bad news...I guess, no Minarti this time..

If I see them again at The Asuncion Badminton Center this week, it means they really have a big problem. It means Tony will not have a mixed pair
    ..akh...Minarti didn't make it here-what a downer...Just saw the draw and noticed Tony and Minarti have lost to a WO...what a bummer!! ...
    But at least the other Philippines players made it(the Asuncions, Lili & her husband and Puri Setyo??)..Hopefully next time she'll make it..

I guess i have to change my early prediction for the XD winner to be Halim & Angie...but who knows, still some pretty good pairs out there..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-09-2006 at 01:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ah well, Halim/Angie vs. Tony/Minarti will be quite a spectacle.

unfortunately, i won't be down there this weekend. hope someone post some pictures and reports... (*hint* *hint* )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Will try to get one soon..

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    ah well, Halim/Angie vs. Tony/Minarti will be quite a spectacle.

unfortunately, i won't be down there this weekend. hope someone post some pictures and reports... (*hint* *hint* )
    ..i was planning to go tonight and see some actions/take some pics to share with you guys, but schedule wouldn't allow...
    However, i'm planning to attend the next 4 nights of actions(as that's where most of the main competition will be, not to undermine the QFers)..I'll review some matches(whatever i can see) & also take some pics(on & off court actions), bringing only my small digicam(same one i used @ last yr's WC)-argh, sorry folks, as i don't have a "weapon"(make that 2 "weapons") like what Kwun has.....

so, stay tune...or if any other local BC members(ie. Viper2005, harimau or other local OCBC members) who has gone to see, perhaps they can share with us some early pics or reviews??..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-09-2006 at 01:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll also be there this friday and saturday. hope to see you all there! anyways i'll help ctjcad out with pictures. i also dont own any weapons like kwun's that he used during the BC gathering last summer. i'll do my best! wear your BC t-shirts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems like there are quite a few siblings competing in the doubles events. well, i'm assuming they're siblings just from their last names. i guess this is common in smaller tournaments ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz
    seems like there are quite a few siblings competing in the doubles events. well, i'm assuming they're siblings just from their last names. i guess this is common in smaller tournaments ...
    Someone cheer for the Yeh sisters / twins for me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian =--(O)
    Someone cheer for the Yeh sisters / twins for me!
    I remember the Yeh sisters were really active 2-3 years ago, but seems not into too much action lately (according to their seeds)? Correct me if I am wrong... Anyone has their recent pics, prefer in action.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    I remember the Yeh sisters were really active 2-3 years ago, but seems not into too much action lately (according to their seeds)? Correct me if I am wrong... Anyone has their recent pics, prefer in action.
    Yep, they are less active now. They used to come to SGVBC and train with Alex every other week. I haven't seen them in a long time now. Hope they do well though.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast