looking for something new

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jonex, Jul 30, 2006.

1. jonex

jonex Regular Member

hey guys. i'm itching to buy a new racket.:D been playing for 5 years now...used to play 4-5x a week but recently, due to an injury, 1x a week only. im an at700 user & i have a hard time shifting to other brands/models of rackets. im always looking for the "feel" of the armortec. i've been using the at700 for 4 years. i just want something new (i love buying sporting gear:eek: )...but something w/ the same "feel".

i tried the carlton airblade tour a few months ago. it was a great racket...great power & control but had a hard time adjusting at 1st coz it has an oval head...im used to iso. had to sell it after a few weeks coz i couldnt shift bact to my ATs after using the airblade...my timing gets messed up.

the rackets that im considering are...

prince Os blue
    rsl laser 6900
    wilson ncode n2, n4, npro, n85
    yonex cab 20 ti
    your recommendations...

if you guys are familiar or have any experience w/ these rackets, please give me advice. any input would be greatly appreciated.:)

note: rackets specs that im looking for are stiff to extra stiff shafts, at least 670mm in lenght, even or head-heavy balance, 3u/g4 or g5, isometric head shape(?)

2. customerservice

customerservice Regular Member

buy at limited edition, same at feel but not everyone use it---a bit expensive.
    If you love buying sporting gear that is a good choice.
    You may contact me if you don't know where to buy.

3. jonex

jonex Regular Member

thanks for the suggestion but i want something different (maybe i should change my thread to "looking for something different"). the racket you are suggesting is the same as the racket that im using now...the only difference is the paintjob. im considering trying rackets from other brands w/ the "same or similar feel" as the armortec...not the same racket w/ a difference look.

4. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    Try Tactic Nami Blade 12i or Kason TSF 100 Ti, similiar if not better than Yonex AT700.

Also Victor Super Nano 3.

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    I want a new racquet

lately, there have been many queries on what new racquet to buy. As some people that knows me I like sometime reply in funny ways. So, here is one more that I just thought out in a hurry before bedtime that would be appropriate for this purpose. Sorry for the last part, I ran out of names and i used mine:)

Sang to the tune of 'Huey Lewis and the News - I want a new drug'

I want a new racquet
    One that won't make me poor
    One that won't make me beg friends to buy
    And make me feel three feet tall
    I want a new racquet
    One that won't hurt my arm
    One that’s not heavy and make me tired
    Or too light and no power

One that won't make me nervous
    Wonderin' what to do
    One that makes me feel
    Like I feel as I’m Lin Dan
    When I'm alone with Xie Xing Fang:D

I want a new racquet
    One that won't crack
    One that doesn't cost too much
    Or it’s a cheap fake
    I want a new racquet
    One that won't get stolen
    One that won't keep me up all night
    One that won't make me work a second job
    One that won't make me nervous
    Wonderin' what string to use
    One that makes me feel
    Like I feel like I'm Tony G
    I'm Tony G in doubles
    I'm Tony G in doubles, yah baby

[Instrumental Interlude]

I want a new racquet
    One that does what it should
    One that won't look too dull and boring
    One that won't make me feel too cocky
    I want a new racquet
    One with no doubt
    One that’s gonna last forever and ever
    And won’t go out of style
    One that won't make me tense
    Wonderin' what tension to use
    One that makes me feel
    Like I feel when I'm cool
    I'm totally cool
    I'm totally cool like cooler, yeah, yeah

#5 cooler, Aug 2, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  6. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

Having made a meal of it through singing and dancing, which racket were you recommending ? *scratches head*

7. badmad

badmad Regular Member

well, if u want something different, then why not try SOTX? I have a Woven-4a and find it decent though I don't see many others using this model. Many others are fans of SOTX Woven 9 and other models... I am sure you would love SOTX cuz it's different and better... (am i sounding like a sotx salesman? :p)

hope u get a good one!!!

8. Erwin

Erwin Regular Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
    This is seriously the funniest thing I've ever come across here!

for jonex:

Prehaps give a Woven 11 a try, should be around the same swing-weight, but much stiffer. You could also try a Babolat Sattelite Nitro, also pretty flexible, but lighter. Maybe a 2u Nanospeed 9000S or X if you want something stiffer than your at700.

There are so many options. Even in 2006 it's still best to try a racket before you buy it..

9. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

im always looking for the "feel" of the armortec. i've been using the at700 for 4 years. i just want something new (i love buying sporting gear:eek: )...but something w/ the same "feel".

Your requirement is conflicting itself. If you want the same "feel", just stay with AT700. It is like saying, I love everything about my girlfriend (looks, smart, good cook, love you very much, good in *** and etc...) However, I just want a new girlfriend just like her because you 2 have been going out for 5 years?

10. Erwin

Erwin Regular Member

Hahaha, nice comparison...

But i hope he isn't as attached to his racket than he is to a girlfriend. Besides how would you see people with more of the same rackets? Is that their harem?

I just think he is looking for something better, with a similiar feel. Another suggestion: give Cab30 a try (3u if you play with a 4u now. 2u if you play with a 3u at700 now). It's much stiffer, and really packs a solid punch, but you have to be precise, it's probably not as forgiving as your at700. Plus it's much cheaper than a nanospeed. So if you don't like it, it's less of a loss if you can't sell it on.

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    lol, that racket is not out yet....so 'my song will go on' (as in another song my heart will go on):p

12. silentheart

I agree with your choice of suggestion. However, I thought Cab30MS is very easy to play with. It may be because I am an old school player. Form my understanding, AT700 is prob the best "head heavy" attacking racquet YY currently makes. Not too many head heavy racquet out there now a day.

Back to my comparison, if you decided to have a 1 week afair with another girl. Will your current girlfriend treat you the same the next week you comes back to her??? It will take a while to adjust to each other's feeling...

13. jonex

jonex Regular Member

Viper2005 - thanks fior the advice but tactic rackets arent available here.

cooler - nice song...

badmad & erwin - thanks! considering SOTX. will reasearch for feedback regarding performance of SOTX models & i'll try to borrow some from friends.

silentheart - conflicting? maybe i didnt state it clearly..."i want a racket from a different brand w/ the same feel as the armortec700".

comparing rackets to girlfriends??? cmon man...

14. silentheart

OK... You are looking for same kind of girl that cost less to maintain. Sorry...

15. badmad

badmad Regular Member

well, that would be another definition for badminton addict... :D one who considers racket as his girlfriend... :p