DESPERATE--HELP

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Neophyte- Beginner, Jun 14, 2001.

1. Hello honored badminton player:

I have been starting badminton in the spring and I am looking forward to joining a club or a team in my high school. I am really looking into this sport and I was wondering if you can offer any rackets to get me started. It would be really great if you can offer me such a largesse offer, but I would very much appreciate it. Thank you. my email address is anubis411@hotmail.com.

2. Blitz

Blitz Regular Member

Daydreaming
    First of all, what racket have u currently been using all along?

3. Hello blitz:

I have been using a t1100 racket that is really heavy.

4. The ISO300 is a great racquet to start with and a bonus is the purchase price is reseasonable. Light and durable and a great racquet to practice your skills with. A slightly heavier racquet(head heavy) is the ISO750. A direct replacement for the ISO800 which was a great racquet. You won't go wrong with these racquets. Happy smashing. :)

5. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    hm, try getting started off with a Cab 8 or Cab 9. Their great rackets to start off with. I used a Cab 8 for a very very long time.....

6. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    yes, iso300, cab8 and cab9 are great racquets to start off with.
    they are easy to hit, durable and great to train with.

7. Brett

Brett Regular Member

N-B, where do you live? That can certainly have a significant impact on what racquets might be available to you. Also, you were not clear whether you were asking for recommendations on which racquet to purchase, or if your use of the word "largesse" implied that you were asking if anyone had any an old racquet they could give you.

If you are looking to buy a racquet, some of the most trustworthy, lower cost racquets on the market today are the Yonex Carbonex line. If you think that you might get into the sport somewhat seriously, you might want to think about buying an intermediate racquet, rather than just a cheap beginners racquet. The extra 30-50% difference in price will not be important if you can use the racquet for several years, rather than decide after six or ten months that you need to buy a better racquet to replace your inexpensive beginners racquet.

8. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    now if you are starting to look at intermediate-type racquets as Brett has suggested,
    cabs are the most cost efficient racquets around. They offer great performance and are very durable. I use a cab23 personally and love it.
    Cabs you might want to look at are: cab10 tour, cab20,21,22 and 23.
    To give you an idea of the costs, the cab10 costs 128CDN, and the cab23(which is the top of the line cab) is 160CDN.

9. Howard

Howard Regular Member

Student
    I started playing with a iso 95 long.You could also try the cabs 7000-8400 they are good starter racquets too.

10. harry

harry Guest

where do you live? and how much are spending?

11. harry

harry Guest

where do you live? and how much are spending? i have a iso900SA with good strings i dun mind selling for good price

12. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    Or be like me, start of with a Prince Axis 63....LOL......the super stiff and head-heavy racquet.........that thing is like 95grams.......but when you switch to a Carlton AB1000......My shots were so powerful.......I am a wrist player too!!!

13. modious

modious Regular Member

I think you guys got it wrong.
    He's asking if anyone can offer (give) him a racket to get started. And he also said that it will be great if u can offer him such a large offer.

14. bosch

bosch Guest

largesse means to give to an inferior, OR generosity.

15. OKAY EVERYONE

Hey thnks for the advice everyone. I really appreciate the support, but I think I know I'm aiming for now.