Racket Prices in Jakarta

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by treilanin, Aug 1, 2006.

1. treilanin

treilanin Regular Member

I have family that is planning to head down to Jakarta, Indonesia this Christmas, so I am considering getting a racket or two picked up for me while they visit. My guess is that prices will be cheaper, and there will be a couple of models I can get that are not readily available in Canada like the Carbonex 21 and the Ti-10. Would anyone have an idea what the current prices are for the following rackets? I have found some older prices, but some are almost a year old... so hopefully more recent ones will help me decide how I can plan to spend.

Carbonex 21
    Carbonex 30MS
    Armortec 500
    Ti-10 (New model)

Thanks in advance! Any other comparable suggestions would also be fine.

#1 treilanin, Aug 1, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hi treilanin,
    Just want to share with you, from someone who've visited Indonesia(mostly in Surabaya though) the last 3 yrs and have shopped around for those goodies...;):)

Just for your info, if you can tell your relative/family who are going there, make sure to tell them "be aware of fake Yonex rackets". On that note, if you want to know if they are cheaper there(S.E. Asia) in comparison to here in North America, actually they're not cheaper. I'm assuming money is part of your decision to get one/a few, but to get an "original Japan made" Yonex, you will still need to pay the actual market price, which is almost the same price as here, thus might as well get one here. Especially if by any chance your family member gets an AT-500 for $30-$50, trust me, it is a fake. The "older" model rackets that you want (ie. Carbonex 21, 30MS and Ti-10), might be a bit cheaper, but they are not that cheap also.
    You can also try the "bargaining" route(i assume you are Indonesian, thus can speak the language), so the best place to go is a "mom-po store", rather than in the shopping mall's sport store..;)
    One more note : please do search in this forum to find an article on how to spot an original or fake Yonex racket(written by Kwun). I just don't want you to get a Yonex racket, but it's not genuine; unless you don't mind playing with a fake Yonex..:p

What i would think abt getting from there, which is quite a bargain, is some strings and shuttles. But even then, their prices are almost the same as here also.
    If you want to get some shuttles, try getting the Gadjah Mada brand, but get the ones with only 6 shuttles in the tube, not the 12 shuttles one. The color should be greenish; if it's red, then it's not as good(slower speed). You could try the Yonex brand as well.

Anyways, sorry for a bit of long reply..Good luck and hope you'll get what you're looking for..:)

#2 ctjcad, Aug 1, 2006
  3. Javalina

Javalina Regular Member

student
    The cheapest racquets can be found in Thailand. So if there is not too much trouble for you to go to Thailand then you should go to Thailand to get it.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

hmm, while it's possibly true, i think treilanin is inquiring abt specific racket's prices in Jakarta/Indonesia, not Thailand or other countries, since his family is visiting there...unless they change their mind and want to visit other countries;)

#4 ctjcad, Aug 1, 2006
  5. newjazz

newjazz Regular Member

typist
    I think in Jakarta you can buy @ Pasar Baru. But have to be careful with fake racket as ctjcad mentioned.

The best if you can stop by in Singapore. Cuz rackets in Indonesia (to my knowledge) are getting from Singapore (Yonex Sunrise).
    And I had compare the price in Surabaya (Indonesia) before (last Feb I was there). The price of AT700 (original) was abt SGD 350. You can get AT700 @ SGD 200-210 in Singapore.

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yes, that is correct, as i was told by the person selling baddie's goodies in Surabaya the same thing, that they are/were getting Yonex merchandises solely from Yonex Sunrise(probably the rest of the S.E. Asia's region is/has been getting the supplies from them)...Actually i was going to mentioned abt shopping in S'pore, but i don't know if treilanin's family will go to S'pore or not..If they do, then maybe treilanin can contaq one of our BC rep in S'pore(ie. Loh, EastDevil) and ask where to look for the best deal..;)

And with the prices given at SGD 200-350(abt US$127-190), for a genuine Yonex racket, in Indonesia & Singapore (and probably all over S.E. Asia), is there much difference in price with those sold here in North America??..:p :rolleyes:

#6 ctjcad, Aug 1, 2006
  7. treilanin

treilanin Regular Member

Well I did check some online and local stores and found the following prices converted to Rupiah for comparison to Indonesian prices. I included the shipping and border charges in the prices so the comparisons are fair.

Carbonex 21
    • US Online Store - 1,080,000
    • HK Online Store - 801,000
    Carbonex 30 MS
    • US Online Store - 1,170,000
    • CDN Local Store - 1,640,000
    Armortec 500
    • US Online Store - 1,350,000
    • CDN Local Store - 1,280,000
    • HK Online Store - 1,089,000
    Ti-10
    • HK Online Store - 1,260,000
    Unfortunately my family is going to be in Indonesia only and were probably going to shop in Pasar Pagi. Basically my parents are headed back to Indonesia to visit family there and attend a wedding. So yes they can speak indonesian.... me on the otherhand :). Hopefully there is someone out there who can comment how these prices compare. I do know that Singapore is cheaper but I am not sure if they are going by there unfortunately. All I hoping is to get a comparison of prices so I don't waste to much time hoping for cheap prices from Indonesia just to be disappointed later on.

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, the prices you've given above are quite close with each other...I have a couple of acquaintances in Jkt, so i will *try* to ask them to check out the prices of those rackets...BTW, you do have family members in Jkt, do you?? Or they're in different cities?? If so, why couldn't ask them instead since they live there??..:rolleyes: :confused:
    But from personal experiences, if you want those 4 rackets being "genuine", then the prices will be close to what you've posted...Anything far below those numbers, i'm pretty sure they are fakes...:p:(

9. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

yup, fake Yonex is sold widely in Indonesia, so be careful.

10. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    Jakarta? Pasar Pagi asemka is a good choice...... go to Samudra Sport or Buana Sport. They are famous in Pasar Pagi and they sell original Yonex Racket and accessories with very competitive price......Ti-10 2gen i just bought for Rp 760.000,- equal US$ 82. The 3gen i heard something around Rp 900.000,- equal US$ 97. The racket is empty, no string, no bag but surely original and SP coded :D
    FYI Samudra sport is more cheap but not friendly, Buana sport is more nice to customer and personally i know the owner :D

11. issarakaya

Operational Dir.
    weks....i didn't noticed the thread date :D:D:D

12. treilanin

treilanin Regular Member

No worries. I appreciate the reply because I heading to Jakarta in about 3 weeks :). Now to figure out if I can put the rackets in my check in luggage

13. willietecno

willietecno New Member

you can try at TOKO SAMUDRA at pasar pagi lama they are selling quite cheap

14. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    How about Arc Saber 10 ?
    any idea about the price ?

15. issarakaya

Operational Dir.
    ^
    Saber 10 is around 1,5 million rupiah in pasar pagi asemka, Happy hunting :D

16. mds14

mds14 Regular Member

assarakaya! lu orang jakarta? iya, gua juga suka tuh si samudra sport... kalo buana sport sebelah mana ya? setau gua yang paling murah di samudra sih.. ga terlalu ga ramah2 amat sih.. ya ok2 aja lah. ada yang baik ao salesnya.. lu tau yang jual spatu yonex SHB 99/100 asli yang murah dmn ga? tolong emailin gua ya di guitarezz@hotmail.com thx

17. astro

astro Regular Member

Price List - Jakarta

Hi

I will be visiting jakarta soon. Could locals or people that have visited advise where the the cheapest price and place to buy genuine yonex, karakal or ashaway badminton rackets.

MP 99
    Cab 30 MS
    Cab 21 Special
    Nano Speed 8000
    Arc Saber 9/10
    Karakal M-Tec 70

Please let me know as I have no idea where and if its worth shopping around for them. Would save me alot of trouble if some locals can give any info on any of the higher end models.

Thanks

18. treilanin

treilanin Regular Member

When I was there in October 2008, I shopped in an area that is called Pasar Pagi Lama I believe. If I recall the Cab 30 MS was about 900,000 rupiah and the Ti-10 that I ended up purchasing was about 850,000. Now I don't recall the name of the store but there were two relatively big stores and there were 2 stalls that carried various rackets.

19. mds14

mds14 Regular Member

the name of the store is samudra sport, an opposite of it there's anothere store called bintang jaya.. that's 2 is the good store in the lowest price.. but we can guarantee that the product is original. no need to worry that u have been cheated..

halo, saya juga dari Jakarta.. lol..

20. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

I do not think so boss .....