It's time for Hafiz to change his style

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ye333, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Just watched his poor performance against Chen Jin in Thailand. I would say after too many years of playing lazily with all those unnecessary and opponent-benefiting tricks, this guy has become totally unable to concentrate and play efficiently. It seems he really wanted to win, but he just don't know how. He is so addicted that he cannot resist doing those "tricks" again and again.

If he doesn't change now, I don't think there is any bright future. Just see how Chen Jin beats him more and more easily in the past two years.

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    #2 cooler, Aug 2, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

His trick shots, according to what I see in several games, has basically no (and often negative) effect when facing the first level players in the world, like Lin Dan, LCW, Chen Jin or even LHI.

So maybe he trains too much with players far below him. He should train more with real good players like LCW and WCH (hope he can recover well...).

If he really wants to play lazy and cool, he should study videos of Taufik's performance in 04 Olympic and 05 WC to see how to combine laziness and effectiveness. Because in fact a player like Hafiz or Taufik just need to be not lazy in a fraction of second -- the timing is crucial here though -- to win a rally. Taufik knows when, but Hafiz does not.

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Its easier said than done. It take some time and willingness to change in him.

5. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

how old is hafiz? its funny Ardy calls Avish (a guy i train with) Hafiz. I couldn't help but wonder if its because of Hafiz Hashim or his accent. Either way its kind of funny. Avish never corrects him.

6. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

23 or 24 I believe?

7. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Yes it is really really hard to change one's habit, especially for someone like Hafiz who is already just one step down from the very best.

I think he has already achieved the level where Misbun himself achieved 20 years ago, that is just below those very bests: Yang Yang, Frost, Sugiarto, Zhao.

Is he contented? ...

8. fifteen luv

fifteen luv Regular Member

As the saying goes:
    kalah tak apa, style mau///// transalation into English:lose never mind, must
    play with style

9. virtualkidneys!

virtualkidneys! Regular Member

his tricks shots always miserably fail like against chen jin in korean super series he lost cos he was trying way to hard.

10. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    he has no strategy in his game.. no tactical approach....
    he just play how he likes thats all...
    sad to see...

11. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

well, when I watched him played against Chen Jin at the KO, personally I thinks that there is still hope in him. He really makes CJ running around in the 2nd set. He also seem to move more and started to dive? to retrive a smash which I rarely see him do it in the past. Too bad in the 3rd, he started to get exicited and play fast and start to smashs, which is exactly the strength of the chinese player. Also at the KO his coach was Rashid Sidek and errrr, Rashid did not have any note on his hand to write anyting .... wth ???

Maybe Rashid can get him to rise again...

12. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    he just needs to run 400km/day and workout 36hrs/day in gym :eek::eek::eek: to improve his stamina so the YOYO will be kept nicely in his pocket during the game.:D:D:D:D He has better hardware than LCW has, so it's sad to see him throwing it all away by yoyo'ing in every match. :crying::crying::crying::crying:

13. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Hafiz can be very dangerous. IMO he has not reach his full potential yet. He definately can't be as fast as Chong Wei or Lin Dan. But i would see him as a combination of Gade,Kenneth,ChenHong and Bao.

14. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    ants my fren, you are absolutely right.:p

15. Armotec500

Armotec500 Regular Member

Agreed. Hafiz is a talented player with a good skills. He only need to work harder to reach his full potential and at the same time try to reduce unforced errors/fancy tricks in his game. He is certainly very dangerous if he can play with his real potential.

16. zenaeron

zenaeron Regular Member

Yes, look, he has CJ running around the court and Hafiz was more in control. Watched the Korea Open semis with my 7 years old boy (badminton fan of LCW, LD and TH) and he too made comment on the stupid trick shot Hafiz employed. He can outclassed CJ easily but he preferred to lose, nevermind attitude, as long as it was telecast live, to lose in STYLE. ADA GAYA!

17. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    kuakuakuakua.....hahhhwahjajakkakakwkaka. ADA GAYA !!! :D:D:D:D

18. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    ada gaya... haha... x apa, kawan saya selalu kata, x apa kalah, asal kalah cantik cantik.... haha!

dats wat my fren told m when he saw hafiz...

19. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    "mati tak apa, GAYA mesti ADA"...... (it's alright to lose when you do it in style) :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D:D:D

20. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    I think as an ALMOST tier-1 badminton player, it's much easier to say, "This is the way I like to play, I rather lose playing this way," than to find out that even when he tries his best, he may not be as good as a tier-1 player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.