Something close to at700

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by primal_phil, Aug 2, 2006.

1. primal_phil

primal_phil Regular Member

Hi!

I used an at700 for a month and wow, this thing is awsome lots of power and control..... now i am wondering what is the most similair thing out there. I want to get something else cuz so far half of the person playing where i go has it ... lol wanted to be different hahaha

2. schuweiz

schuweiz Regular Member

so do you wanna sell your AT700 ?:D let me know.. .lol

3. primal_phil

nope i don't own one.... took my friends for a month...i own an mp 100 could sell it to you if you want to....

i just want sumthing as good the at700

4. Xaviman

Xaviman Regular Member

well if you look for a racket similar than the at700, you have to look for a head light racket

5. primal_phil

i tough the at700 was head heavy?

6. jonex

jonex Regular Member

right, its head heavy. at700 user here. if you really like the at700, i think you should get one. i dont think not bein unique (havin the same racket w/ the guys you play w/) is enuf reason to disregard the performance of the racket. would you trade performance for uniqueness?...& its hard to find a racket w/ the same feel as the at700. only the at800 offensive & some say the ti-10.

if you check out the threads, i posted one looking for advice coz i want a new racket...not coz im giving up my at700 (i have 3) but coz i got tired of them. they give me the same performance day-in, day-out & they dont break. i just want the feel of something differerent once in a while but i'll still stick to my armortecs for highly competitive games & tourneys.

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    You finally found the racket that suitable for you, but you want to give it up, because "don't look cool"... Well, not much I can say... :eek: :cool:

8. Chire

Chire Regular Member

Well if you really need a new racket, I'd say AT800 Offensive is quite close to AT700. It's stiffer, but it's equally (or even more) head heavy, plus it has a longer handle (this has proven really handy). According to my personal experience, my AT800 Offensive 3U gives more power than AT700 3U.

Anyway, if you seek uniqueness, you should rather personalize your racket with different color grip as and strings, not change the racket. AT700 is a great racket anyway, it will take some time getting used to a new racket, no matter how similar it is to AT700's characteristics.

Hope this helps.

9. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

For something completely different, I suggest Nanospeed 8000. This racket is opposit to AT-700 in every way. Yang Yang does an almost exact clone, particularly in the build and feel, if you want a non-yonex.

10. primal_phil

lol aight got myself the at700 just want to play now....must find place.......hehe

11. speedy

speedy Regular Member

Good to see that you mentioned at800of has more power than at700 because I also found it to be an awesome racquet comparable to the old ti-10. So I don't have to consider at700 for the time being.

Anyways how come people are saying at800of is stiffer than at700 cause when I tried swinging in the store, I felt that at700 is stiffer:confused:

12. jerby

jerby Regular Member

you feel if it's stiffer by swinging it? I only feel it when I play with it...anyways, msot people agree the at700 isn't that stiff., but definatly hard to move (that might've confused you)

13. speedy

speedy Regular Member

Then I do have to buy the at700 to play with it and determine whether it is really less stiff than at800of. Could not borrow at700 from nobody cause nobody using at700 in my club. Might be buying it next month cause just bought at800of a few days ago.

14. jerby

jerby Regular Member

well, I was just stating my personal experience. if you can feel it, then it's probably so. have a little faith in yourself;)

Personally (being my own stringer I might add) stiffness can be compensated with string tension...

when I bought my (you know what gonna happen) Sotx woven 7, I though it would be stiffer than an at500, but it noticably wasn't (I thought so...) But it really played good (with 2lbs extra...)
    and now with my (very stiff) woven 11 24 lbs is really the maximum (for now..~a moth or two)

15. speedy

speedy Regular Member

I really like to find the ultimate-ultimate racquet cause I'm quite serious with this game and moreover business is quite good and now's the time to try expensive racquets.:)

We baddicts will go to the extreme if we have the resources. You for instance, I wonder how much time you spent per day facing the bf?;)

16. jerby

jerby Regular Member

I'm a baddict, no doubt...Most of my friends think I'm crazy when I tell them how much I play...And in my free time (behind a computer) there's a lot of bc:eek:

It's good to hear you like the game so much, and ncie that you want to spend the money on it...

But forget about 'the ultimate racket' wether at800off or at700 or whatever rackets, there will always be pros and cons (good and bad sides).
    the best way to find your 'ultimate' racket is to get a bunch of them (2-5) to try out, then pick one out...or buy the at700 and ask the shop íf you could ppossibly return it (to trade it for a new at800off) or ask the shop if they have demo rackets...

17. Xaviman

Xaviman Regular Member

oh sorry i have a mistake the at700 is head heavy balance

18. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    you are replying your own thread?

just to clarify(if you haven't) at700 is head heavy, in fact the most head heavy(from cooler's measurment, should be correct in term sof bp) out of all yonex models

something similar would be hard to find b/c there isn't too many comparison empirically to other brands...

simply get another at700 would be the best idea

19. speedy

speedy Regular Member

Just posting an update. Bought at500 4u and tried for a few games.

Compared to at800of 3u, it is almost identical except that the at800of is a little stiffer (both at 24lbs). Suprisingly I couldn't feel the weight difference.

Right now I'm more comfortably with at500 than at800 cause it needs less effort to get really powerful smash. (I like to smash even from the baseline). And for control-wise the at500 is still better for the moment and at800 is catching up fast.

So right now, I don't intend to get at700 just yet cause I'm really-really happy with my two armortecs.:)