Forza Kevlar 7-04

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by K-MusclePower, Aug 2, 2006.

1. K-MusclePower

K-MusclePower Regular Member

i have just gotten my new Forza Kevlar 7-04 from clearone 4 days ago. Its a shame that they did not have a carrying case on this racquet even though it cost over $200 CAD. but i dont regret buying it. heres my review

The design on the racquet is nice. its a bit more work than the yonex ones. comes with factory strings but im not sure what kind they are, the words are 2 small and 2 hard to read. but im suprised that the strings were actually good. The racquet is 3u/g3. i think its somewhere between head heavy and even balance.

Power: this racquet is very powerful (IMO). Clears are done easier and i can pretty much do box to box with just my wrist (couldnt do before). Smashes i could really feel the power though i have lost some angle in the smash, i think it was due to the loose strings, it was on display for a while.

Control: the racquet was light and the control was easy. though i cant say my shots were accurate enough for me liking since the strings are very loose and slipery. but overall control is good but the racquet was more towards power than control.

Defensive play: simply excellent. smashes could be easily lift back to the box end of the court and smashes that i drive back are faster as well. not just an offensive racquet in my opinion.

Overall: this is an excellent racquet that is suitable for doubles and singles. i will give it a 9/10. i would have given it a 10/10 but the control isnt as much as i thought it would be. ill string it with some bg68 ti and will post a review then. hopefully the control would be better with new strings and tighter tension.

2. v1nc3nt

v1nc3nt Regular Member

haha i just bought this racquet too because my kevlar 3 broke a week ago. and yes the facotry strings...make playing games a bit more interesting? but i pretty much agree with everything you've written up there, great racquet!

3. Wooster

Wooster New Member

Engineer
    Howdy
    I know this thread is a few years old, but I thought I'd see what I could find out. I'm hoping you can help me.
    I have been playing with the Forza Kevlar 7-04 (BG-85, 25#) for many years now and finally broke my last one. I absolutely preferred this racquet (over my Yonex racquets). Of course, it can no longer be found (actually, there is no longer a Forza rep in Western Canada). Since you also preferred that racquet, I'm hoping that you can suggest alternate racquets that were comparable to the 7-04. I don't want to have to buy a bunch of Yonex racquets (trial-and-error) until I find the right one.
    There doesn't seem to be comparison charts for Forza.
    Can you make some suggestions?
    Thanks