broke my racket smashing

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by robc06, Aug 3, 2006.

1. robc06

robc06 Regular Member

Editor
    So I broke my first racket tonight smashing, my ArmourTec 800 DEF. I smashed and I thought I had broken a string, I looked at the end of the point and couldn't see a broken string, tested the shaft felt okay, next point, smash again and same thing occurs, next point, smash again and bang the handle snaps.

Not the shaft but the wooden handle, whats worse is I have the Tasmanian State Titles this weekend , luckily my MusclePower and FLEET are both re strung, new grips and are ready to play.

I will post pics soon, probablly tomorrow.

Because the wood has snapped and not the shaft, my Dad being a Master Builder is going to make a new handle, and replace the handle with stronger and as light wood. But it wont be ready for the tournament.

Oh Well...

2. boutta

boutta Regular Member

Send it in to yonex, you'll get a new one, maybe that's better than just a new handle ;)

3. b.leung

b.leung Regular Member

hahaha i've also broke my share of racquets in my course of playing
    i like it's something like 3 up to date, and i've only been playing seriously for the past 2 years...
    but then again, those racquets weren't all high end ones... hahaha

4. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i feel for you, mate. unless you're like dan (who seems to break a racquet every other week!) it really hurts. especially when it's an expensive high end racquet like the at800. oh well, it's like an old chinese saying, 'if the old doesn't get broken, the new will never arrive'! :cool:

5. General Foo

General Foo Regular Member

student
    write a letter and send it into yonex. as long as it is an authentic racket and given your circumstances, im pretty sure they will replace it for you. i did that with my mp99 - got a replacement within 4 weeks. after all what does one racket mean to a multi national? :)

6. Russki Bear

Russki Bear Regular Member

IT
    They replaced my MP99 when the handle shattered. But it took them more like 6 weeks in my case.

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    you're from downunder:D things take longer because yonex doesn't have a branch office in AUS or NZ. It was likely shipped to japan. Closer SP office doesnt handle AS rackets