User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey nSmash,

We got lots of good games with one another last night. Hope you enjoyed your stay here. Be sure to look us up again when you're in this part of the country.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man, I couldn't make it out last night. Got home around 11:30pm-ish and figured that it would probably be too late to get changed and drive out to the VRC.

Sorry...maybe next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It was a fun and long evening. nSmash had a load of games waiting up his sleeves. Sorry I couldn't accompany you to early breakfast as I was simply too tire.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    It was a fun and long evening. nSmash had a load of games waiting up his sleeves. Sorry I couldn't accompany you to early breakfast as I was simply too tire.
    Did he cramp??? Or, did you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We didn't cramp but we were sore for two days .

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Did he cramp??? Or, did you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We are waiting for the safe return of nSmash. Hopefully, he will write up a report of his sessions at VRC as well as other badminton facilities in the Lower Mainland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Van trip

Haha nSmash is safely back in TO... still recovering from 2 redeye flights, sleep deprivation and a super-packed 5-day schedule. He was back in the office yesterday after only 1 hr of sleep on the plane (in the middle of MI-3).

I'm terrible with names so I'll apologize in advance for that haha. Staff at RichPro were very friendly and helped a lot to try to set up some good games for me. It was nice being able to play on rubber mats like I'm used to. Thanks to the staff there and anyone who played with me, especially those who provided punishing tooth and nail rallies.

Thanks also to the good folks at VRC, who signed me in, tried to wear me out by heaping on games and made sure I didn't get lost on the way to 2am supper. Thanks for all the friendliness and games. I was just getting used to the conditions at VRC but had to leave Van. Ah well.

All in all, my trip to Van was very satisfying and most definitely too short. There's still so much to see and so much food I haven't tried. As it was, I was frequently over-stuffed while I was there, trying to sample as much food as possible in the short time... Korean, Japanese, Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese and Western (haha I had lobster and tiramisu for late lunch followed by vietnamese pho early dinner before my last visit to VRC... my feet felt like anchors). I spent most of the time driving around the beaches, parks or mountains, stuck in traffic or simply lost, just exploring all the sceneries in Greater Van. I even managed to squeeze in some shopping time in the Burrard/Robson area in the final hours before I had to haul myself to the airport. There were some good sales going on but the parking fee was brutal.

Even with 11 solid hours of badminton in 5 days, I gained almost 2 lbs
    I guess I didn't cramp up because with such a hectic schedule, I was perpetually "warmed-up"... however, my game was affected. Thanks for putting up with my unforced errors. Haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to hear, nSmash! Looking forward to your next trip here.

-dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow, nSmash survived the VRC sessions . Too bad he didn't have enough time to play more at VRC .

Who were the dudes you played with at Richmond Pro? Are they coaches?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got to play with players of various levels, including coaches and non-coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    Wow, nSmash survived the VRC sessions . Too bad he didn't have enough time to play more at VRC .

Who were the dudes you played with at Richmond Pro? Are they coaches?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nSmash
    Haha nSmash is safely back in TO... still recovering from 2 redeye flights, sleep deprivation and a super-packed 5-day schedule. He was back in the office yesterday after only 1 hr of sleep on the plane (in the middle of MI-3).

I'm terrible with names so I'll apologize in advance for that haha. Staff at RichPro were very friendly and helped a lot to try to set up some good games for me. It was nice being able to play on rubber mats like I'm used to. Thanks to the staff there and anyone who played with me, especially those who provided punishing tooth and nail rallies.

Thanks also to the good folks at VRC, who signed me in, tried to wear me out by heaping on games and made sure I didn't get lost on the way to 2am supper. Thanks for all the friendliness and games. I was just getting used to the conditions at VRC but had to leave Van. Ah well.

All in all, my trip to Van was very satisfying and most definitely too short. There's still so much to see and so much food I haven't tried. As it was, I was frequently over-stuffed while I was there, trying to sample as much food as possible in the short time... Korean, Japanese, Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese and Western (haha I had lobster and tiramisu for late lunch followed by vietnamese pho early dinner before my last visit to VRC... my feet felt like anchors). I spent most of the time driving around the beaches, parks or mountains, stuck in traffic or simply lost, just exploring all the sceneries in Greater Van. I even managed to squeeze in some shopping time in the Burrard/Robson area in the final hours before I had to haul myself to the airport. There were some good sales going on but the parking fee was brutal.

Even with 11 solid hours of badminton in 5 days, I gained almost 2 lbs
    I guess I didn't cramp up because with such a hectic schedule, I was perpetually "warmed-up"... however, my game was affected. Thanks for putting up with my unforced errors. Haha.

Great summary, and glad that you got a wonderful time over there. Hey, a lot of similar experience as i got during my trips. Vancouver is surely a place for a lot of good games, a lot of friends, and tons of food.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Any update on the planning of the largest invasion from the east coast ?

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Great summary, and glad that you got a wonderful time over there. Hey, a lot of similar experience as i got during my trips. Vancouver is surely a place for a lot of good games, a lot of friends, and tons of food.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

nSmash lived to tell the story.

and he even had enough energy to go walk the malls! you guys didn't work him nearly enough...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We ran out gas .

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    nSmash lived to tell the story.

and he even had enough energy to go walk the malls! you guys didn't work him nearly enough...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha I regained energy from being well alleluia-fed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3