Badminton near Palm Springs, CA?

Discussion in 'USA West' started by gloayon, Aug 6, 2006.

1. gloayon

gloayon New Member

Anybody knows where to play badminton near the Palm Springs area, or anywhere near Riverside County, California?

Thanks

2. waldo98

waldo98 Regular Member

IT
    There is usually badminton Saturday nights at Riverside CommunityCollege, City Campus. Hours are 7pm - 10pm and the cost is $2 per person and its played in a gym towards the back end of the school. However, they are on break at the moment and won't start up again until September.

On Sunday mornings and Monday nights, there is recreational badminton at Colton High School. Badminton is usually played in the gym across from the high school. Hours are 8am - 12pm on Sundays and 6pm - 10pm on Monday nights I believe. I attempted to go there this week, but there was a sign stating no badminton today and tomorrow, but will resume again next week.

Both locations are a bit of a drive from Palm Springs area, but the closest places to play badminton that I'm aware of.

3. d1jey1

d1jey1 New Member

Customer Service Management
    Hi.. I live in Riverside.... I usually play all the way to rosemead. My friend live around there. That's like an hour drive for me. I usually play about once a week ...
    I didn't know that there is a place to play around here.... I'm so excited reading at this post....

So Waldo:
    how many court do they have over at colton HS? are you going to play this sunday? do you play every week? Can you give me the cross street or the address? I'll try to check it out this sunday?
    Are the place usually packed? I don't have any friends around here that play badminton... So I guess I have to come by myself... is the ppl over there kindda clustered among themselve...?

4. waldo98

waldo98 Regular Member

IT
    I haven't actually played at Colton HS. I tried going there last Sunday, but they were closed for the weekend. They should be open this Sunday and I plan on going. From what I have heard, its fairly competitive there, but you should be able to get some games in. If anything, you should play at RCC on Saturday nights when they start up again in September. I play at SGVBC from time to time, mostly when I run low on birdies, so I get to play and replenish my birdie supply.

Anyways, here is the address:

Colton High School
    777 W. Valley Blvd., Colton, CA 92324

If you are coming from Riverside...take the 91 East which turns into the 215 North going towards San Bernardino. Then, hop on the 10 West going towards Los Angeles. From there, Exit Rancho Avenue and make a right going North. You would go past Valley Blvd and you should be able to see the gym on the left hand side. The gym used for badminton is across the street from the actual high school.

5. d1jey1

d1jey1 New Member

Customer Service Management
    Alright... so Waldo.. you are going this sunday right... I guess I'll try to meet you there.. what time you're going to be there? I'll add your MSN when I get off work today... so we can meet up or something... don't really want to go alone and everybody elses already have a group:eek: ...
    so are you going to go alone? or you have a friends to go with this sunday? Do you have any idea how many court do they have?

I usually play on saturday either at SGVBC or at East LA college at Monterey park. I wished I found this places to go to in our area before, so I don't have to drive that far:D.
    Can't wait for the weekend....:p

6. badboiz86

badboiz86 Regular Member

i wonder if this place still oopen and can u guy give me the time they will be open plz

7. waldo98

waldo98 Regular Member

IT
    Which facility are you talking about..Colton or RCC? Both places are still open. Majority of the information that I've already posted in this thread is still relevent in regards to opening days/hours. I'm usually at RCC Saturday nights and go to Colton HS on Monday nights. Colton is also open Sunday mornings, but I'm usually too tired from the previous night and have other plans.

8. badboiz86

badboiz86 Regular Member

Do you mind give me your email address and schedule for this week if possible so I can contact you. Btw my email is badboiz86@yahoo.com or call 7142109230 thanks.