Recommend me a racket please!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by discopanda, Aug 7, 2006.

1. discopanda

discopanda New Member

Hello! My first post from Sunny Scotland.

I'm looking for my 2nd racket. I've been playing for a year and have been using a £25 Carlton racket but would like a 'proper' one now.

I'm 5'10 (not very heavy!) and have a decent 'all-round' game. I'm tending to be quite an attacking/aggressive player as opposed to defensive.

Can anyone recommend a good Carlton racket suitable for me? Perhaps one of the Airblade or Powerblade ones? I'd like it to last a couple of years minumim as well.

I'll be playing singles only if thats any use.

TIA

Philip

#1 discopanda, Aug 7, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  2. discopanda

discopanda New Member

Forgot to add...

I've been thinking of the Airblade Tour or Airblade Superlite or Powerblade Tour

3. Erwin

Erwin Regular Member

assuming there are any? :p

Why does it have to be a Carlton racket? There are a lot of other brands which make decent rackets like yonex/rsl/sotx etc. It's easier to find a suitable racket if you would broaden your search with some other brands.

4. george333

george333 Regular Member

Associate Director
    Hello Discopanda and welcome to badmintonforum! I personally use Carlton rackets as well and I feel that they are very good rackets. If you were to play mostly singles, might I recommend the Airblade Superlite? Or the Powerblade Superlite if you prefer the extra sweet spot. But remember that the Powerblade does not have the aerodynamic frame profile.

george

5. discopanda

discopanda New Member

Hi guys. Well I don't suppose it has to be Carlton but they seem not to break (too often) and thats important to me as I can't afford a new one every month :) I also seem to play better with them for some reason!

Is there really much of a difference between the Airblade and Powerblade Superlite?

Thanks again!

6. jonex

jonex Regular Member

yes, there is. the powerblades have isometric heads...bigger frame, bigger sweet spots, while the airblades have oval heads...smaller frame, smaller sweet spots.

i had an airblade tour (nathan robertson's racket, orange & black. i dont like the older airblade tour, yellow & black) before, great racket. highly recommended if you like oval headed rackets. excellent balance of power & control.