my new toy #2.

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kwun, Jun 18, 2001.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    so here is another review of my new toy #2 : Yonex Muscle Power 100 - CP version

i now own 2 MP100 . one is a MP100 SP with serial number ending with HK. it was purchased in Singapore, go figure. the other is a CP version.

the difference between the two is not as drastic as the difference between the Iso900 SP & CN that i previously posted. in fact, it is very subtle.

firstly, cosmetics. they are identical in terms of paint job, with similar "flaws" near the Ti-mesh that was mentioned in a previously posting. even the grommets are the same ones. the only difference being there is no SP after the model name on the shaft and the serial no says CP instead of HK.

the CP version is only slightly heavier than the HK. in fact, if you don't pay attention to it, you'll probably think they are the same.

the differences is really felt in the field. the CP is marginally more repulsive than the SP. providing more power on heavy shots. on normal shots, i can't feel that they are so different. when hitting hard however, there is a very explosive feeling to it. the shaft is like it was tuned to whip the shuttle away.

i have yet to play more with it to really pinpoint what exactly constitute the difference.

as a quick summary, the MP100 CP certainly is better than the SP version. giving more repulsive power on the heavier shots. however, the cost is also much greater than the already high price.

2. modious

modious Regular Member

Mine is the SP version. :(

3. fox

fox Guest

what's CP stand for?

4. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    is it central pacific?(just a guess)

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    canada pension, canadian pacific but in this case i guess it's chinese player

6. Intel

Intel Guest

Kwun, is yours the G4 or G3 version? I got mine at Luxis too, the MP100 CP G3.

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i got the G4 version. G3 is a little bit for my little hands...