Taman Megah danger.

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by extremenanopowe, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Dear Kawan,

I was playing at the Taman Megah hall today (Tuesday 7-9pm). I notice that there is a piece of paper on the bench notifying fellow players to be careful when you walk out of the hall. Don't walk alone at dark places. This guy was saying that he was robbed at knife point by two guys with bike, behind them there are another 4 waiting watching. Just be a little cautious. Similar to setapak incident I guess.

I was playing with the elderly eurasian coach there and had a good conversation with him.
    Enjoy the game there!
    :D
    rgds

#1 extremenanopowe, Aug 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2006
  2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Members in Malaysia area please take care when in this area. Detailed descriptions are not required as warning.

#2 jamesd20, Aug 9, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
  3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I'm a little confused. I thought the venue is in Malaysia (?) and as such this timely warning should be addressed to BFers in Malaysia. Why Singapore? If this is indeed in Singapore, I haven't heard of this place. Further clarification perhaps.

4. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Apologies, I mistook the location!

Any memebers in any country should take care when going home late at night. Try to go home with someone, and arrange transport prior to returning.

5. terry

terry Regular Member

Now it's a hot issue in MAS especially recently from what happen near colleague. It's even happen two block away from my office. Hope the officer will do something about it. Good luck guys!...

6. nelsonkong

nelsonkong Regular Member

Quantity Surveyor
    it is regardless where you are...you have to be alert all the time... sigh...our society....@.@

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I hope this has been reported to the Management which in turn should report to the Police. Otherwise, the perpetrators will continue with their act and may harm and hurt the victims on day. :(

8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    danger

Its being reported and logged. Hopefully the law and the police will get tougher to fix up all these nonsense.
    rgds:D

9. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    Malaysian police..?
    You definitely can trust them to keep places safe -_-

My family has their fair share of their experience with robbers, think we lost more than 70k. And what can THOSE police do, but sit down and enjoy the 'scenery'.

10. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Accusations on standards of policing are Political and potentially inflammatory. Please refrain from passing comments on these matters.

11. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    yeah, i heard about this from a non badminton player who happened to know that i play at Megah. I guess this has been reported in the newspaper. I think I rather park illegally but at a well lit area rather than some dark alley.

Infact, even before this incident, i notice that there are always shattered windscreen remains along the rosd or at the parking area. I think people are smashing the windows in order to steal stereo, notebook, bags or valuble items left exposed.

The more i write about this, the more angry i get. Malaysian crime rate is really bad. We boast 1st class infrastructure but we have lousy social security!!!!!!!!!!!

12. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    I'm sorry Jamesd20..

Just 2 days ago, as reported in the newspaper, a girl was killed (on her way to work, early in the morning) but nothing was done by the police (at least not that WE know of). There was a heated, but peaceful demostration and a man was arrested. What man? But a demostrater of course!!

Anyway, a little word of caution in case I'm going too out of point.

If someone comes in a motorbike and gonna rob your badminton bag with your favourite badminton racket, don't struggle, let them take it :mad:

13. terry

terry Regular Member

He can take my car key but not my badminton bag otherwise i chase him till he die!! :p

14. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Wah.. true badminton #1 fan... car more important than badminton bag. :)

But its true also that Msia now is not as safe as before. Many of my Msian friends including myself.. dont feel so safe when we are back in KL. With so many robberies etc. Even when i'm driving i feel that alot of drivers are so wreckless. Its nicer to drive in Thailand,Spore or even Phils in terms for road safetiness. I don't know weather some of you guys agree with me or not.

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Of course much can be improved, especially on the personal safety aspect and the dangerous driving on even the highways that accounted for many innocent lives. The Malaysian Government has recently taken a closer look at the situation and some action is expected.

But I must say that I have read with sadness reports of Singaporeans visiting Johor Baru who were harmed and robbed at knife point even at petrol kiosks and some unlucky ones even got killed by attackers with guns even in daylight.

It seems that gangsters and would-be trouble makers can get access to dangerous weapons quite easily and escape punishment. It is not very healthy to visit any place and having to watch over your shoulders every now and then. :(

16. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Whilst most of the posts in this thread are acceptable, I think the thread has served its pupose of warning people, and is being closed to prevent any further diversion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.