smashing flat

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by yzarc.7, Aug 9, 2006.

1. yzarc.7

yzarc.7 New Member

Hello. I have become active in badminton since june or july after not playing for almost 3 years. My problem is that whenever i try to smash down, the shuttle always go high giving a chance to my FAT friend to smash at me. Help me? Btw, what kind of shuttle should i buy if i want to train myself?? Give me the brand.

2. Azianhero

Azianhero Regular Member

seems like u don't know the proper technique to smash im guessing =/
    try asking someone who knows the technique to smash. Smashing down is not all to smashing, sometimes its about the timing ur putting in to the smash and how hard you hit(correct me if im wrong)
    i think yonex plastic birds or feathered ones are good for practise but u need a feeder if ur going to practise smash. Its harder to train by yourself cuz no one is setting u up and if u set your ownself up then its not going to go in a good spot where u want to practise ur smash

3. Xaviman

Xaviman Regular Member

first don't try to get the maxium power, only practice the technique of the smash and the when you dominate it then you increase the power of the smash, later try doing the jump smash for get a better angle :)

4. nelsonkong

nelsonkong Regular Member

Quantity Surveyor
    hmmm...you have to learn to smash using your wrist. Try look for some video.

5. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

First, can you clear well -- from one back line to the other?

If not, practise clears first.

If you can, then all you need is the same technique, but hit the shuttle when it is slightly ahead of you, so that you can make it go downwards. Concentrate on angle before power.

6. Lobber

Lobber Regular Member

when you have flat smash,it mean that you are not really pushing the shuttle down enough

7. waldo98

waldo98 Regular Member

IT
    I used to have a similar problem. The issue is that when you are attempting to smash, you are not fully extending your arm. I am taking a guess that either you are making contact with the birdie at a lower height and/or your elbow is bent when hitting the birdie. I would suggest having someone or even a coach check out your smashing technique.

8. BuntaMarui

BuntaMarui Regular Member

Student
    Body Kinetics/Steepness of smash/Correct "feel" of when is the opportunity to smash

I know these factors helps alot...i cannot give alot of opinion to this but u can use the search function in this forum on the above factors.

9. lexce

lexce Regular Member

any video to show?

10. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.

Sorry, can't help my itchified hands. Why type FAT friend? =D

Anyway, reach the shuttle with your racquet at the highest possible point, don't wait for it to drop too low. More angle that way. Then cock your wrist to bring it down. And of course practise. And practise. And practise. =)

Now please do answer my question. :p

11. yzarc.7

yzarc.7 New Member

Sorry ive been very busy with my PMR preparation. I just got a cab7k with dunlop g force 68 strings...i think...Ive noticed that my 'smash' has gotten faster abit and it becomes sharper when i used the racket. Is this because of my racket?