Yonex BG-85, BG-66, BG-68Ti which is better.

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Gladius, Jun 19, 2001.

1. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    I know this probably has been rehashed a couple of times over by the people here. But I have this lingering question of which constitues a better string ??

The BG-85 has the best blend of touch, power and control of the 3 in my opinion. However, it does not last very long at all. Tension drops very rapidly after about 6-8 hours of playing. And it makes it a little difficult to play with after it happens. I usually like to string at 22 lbs for any string. But tried this one at 24lbs and found that it was great after about 30 minutes of breaking in. And a few hours of playing later, it felt like about 21-22lbs.

Anyone encountered this?

The BG-66 has fantastic power but limited touch and control at least for me. I've just attempted the BG-68Ti on my Ti - 10 but it felt way too bouncy at 23lbs.

Could anyone recommend some configurations whereby a fine balance of power, touch and control is achieved on any of the 3 strings? Durability and retention of string tension is also critical.

Thanks.

2. May

May Guest

Depends on racquet, 1 racquet maybe be gud with string a, but 2nd racquet may not be good with it. u'll have to try it out urself.

3. harry

harry Guest

i like the bg68ti cos it has really good respond and best durability out of all 3
    bg85 and bg66 both don't last long cos they are thin but i dun agree with you about bg85 losing tension fast cos itz thin and suppose to be almost best at holding tension for longer time than other strings like bg65, bg70....etc. thatz the reason why they break faster than other cos the string get stretched for a longer time still with good tension when other strings stretches themself making them last longer cos the tension decrease overtime

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the only problem i have with bg68ti is that the surface is too slippery. read the review section.

5. modious

modious Regular Member

Hey, u forgot to mention BG-88Ti

6. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    BG-88Ti

You don't see that in Singapore.

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Bit surprised you say that you lose so much tension with BG85. I can't judge that well but I wouldn;t have said a loss of 20% in the tension.

Main problem with me is the BG85 wearing out too fastPerhaps my smash has improved!! Should I go back to BG65?

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Bit surprised you say that you lose so much tension with BG85. I can't judge that well but I wouldn;t have said a loss of 20% in the tension.

Main problem with me is the BG85 wearing out too fast. Perhaps my smash has improved!! Should I go back to BG65?