prevent dent at 12' using 2-point stringing machine?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by yoyomonkey, Aug 10, 2006.

1. yoyomonkey

yoyomonkey Regular Member

I just got a gamma x-2 stringing machine and it's great. But i just notice that there is a dent at 12, is there a way to prevent this. Should i leave some space to compensate the racket shape after stringing. I'm only using 20x22lbs

2. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

I think there are a couple of things you can do:

1. When you mount the racquet on the machine, don't tighten the supports to the point that you visibly stretch the frame.
    2. Use load spreader pieces. You can ask Gamma whether they have some that would fit badminton frames. Or, you can craft a couple yourself out of a thick strip of leather or plastic/nylon.
    FWIW, HTH.

3. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    It is a problem for any kind of stringing machines whether 2 point or 6 point; Lots of padding is the only solution to it....

4. yoyomonkey

yoyomonkey Regular Member

I just tighten it to fit the unstrung frame, but the frame gets smaller when the main string is on so it contact w/ support and make a dent.

5. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

Load spreaders and/or adding some pads to the support posts should help.

6. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Two-point stringingf machines are hold-down mounting machines. With only two points, these two mounting posts/supports become the only support to mininimize racquet distortion. When mounting the frame it is important that the frame top and throat be mounted flush with the grooved supports, without any stretching (outwards) or pressing (inwards). The clamping or screwing down parts are the only supports that hold down the frame. Therefore these parts should be clamped down evenly and firmly. The dent is caused by the clamps not being able to prevent the frame from moving, because they probably moved dyring stringing.