short shorts anyone??

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by K-MusclePower, Aug 11, 2006.

1. K-MusclePower

K-MusclePower Regular Member

anyone here wear short shorts 2 play badminton. not like super short just above knee length something like the ones that yonex makes cuz they are pretty short. i have one pair of shorts that is short like that. move comfortable for movement. anyone else agree??

2. fifteen luv

fifteen luv Regular Member

3. naraen

naraen Regular Member

Sr Management
    I prefer Running shorts for playing, not only they offer more movement because of their length, but also allow those rare extra long stretch

4. event

event Regular Member

You're asking who wears shorts that don't cover the knee? My answer would be: anyone who wears shorts. If they cover your knees, they're not shorts in my book. They're LONGS! In other words, as far as I'm concerned, NBA players haven't worn "shorts" in years.

I used to think short shorts (ie hot pants) like they used to wear in the 70s and 80s - not just in badminton, but also in tennis, soccer, and basketball - would be ideal for badminton because of the amount of lunging. These days, though, Yonex, Victor, and Mmoa make their shorts out of Coolmax and a little spandex so the freedom of movement problem has been addressed without increasing the amount of skin exposure. Prior to that, badminton shorts were just a pain. I have a pair of Yonex that don't stretch and keep getting caught on my quads. The new strechable ones are fine, though.

5. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

my nike dri-fits, are at knee level but they don't bother me. i think i get the same level of movement as short shorts.

6. C_Breaker

C_Breaker Regular Member

High School Student
    When i first started playing badminton i wore a pair of long basketball sports shorts beacuse it seemed like somewhat of a fashion taboo for guys in the US to wear those shorts shorts that yonex, sotx, and other companies made for badminton. However, i did experience some discomfort and restriction of movement in the basketball shorts especially in lunges. Personally, i was a little insecure about wearing the badminton shorts the first time because they were bearly longer than my boxer shorts :p. But i found the range of motion and amount of ventilation to be far superior :D. Aside from the performance aspects of the badminton shorts, some of my female friends have also commented on how good the shorts looked on me in combination with badminton shirts :p which was definately not expected. So i guess the badminton shorts were definately superior on both a performance and fashion point of view.

7. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    Of course, the badminton shorts can really show the thigh muscles of a man :D.

Eh, it also looks very good on the women too. :D.

8. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

If you're a little insecure about showing too much skin, the shorts doesn't have to be that short. A couple of fingers widths above the knee is enough. Personally I find the 80's style tight short shorts on a guy a bit frightening. :)

9. event

event Regular Member

So when we say "frightening", "short shorts", "badminton shorts" and "Yonex shorts", how short are we talking, anyway?

Like this?(90s?)
    [​IMG]

like this? (2001)
    [​IMG]
    These are the shortest men's shorts available from Yonex today.​
    [​IMG]

If you look at shorter guys in the same line of shorts, they look like this:
    [​IMG]

10. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

:eek: those are like boxer's for me lol

11. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

I use my soccer uniform's short to play badminton. mid thigh length. perfect.

12. Tweak

Tweak Regular Member

Student
    I use a pair of shorts I got a couple of years ago. They're about 2-3 fingers up from the knee when I stand up, but when I sit down it feels slightly awkward showing that much skin xD

13. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Would people please resize all images to 640*480 or less? Large images cause sideways scrolling in the thread, which is incredibly annoying.

It's even sillier when the image is fuzzy and would look better in a smaller box!

14. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

well, its not really "fuzzy" perse, its just digital noise from the image, since the settings on the camera was probably set to emphasize speed and not quality :p

but yes, i'm not a fan of scrolling sideways unecessarily.
    people with much smaller screen resolution will have an even bigger of an headache!

15. event

event Regular Member

That was an accident. The web page I copied it from didn't show it so large and I think I took too long editing and couldn't correct it once I noticed the error. On the other hand, since the focus in the thread was the guys' shorts, I didn't really think it mattered whether one scrolled right to see Ra lunging with her shorts barely visible. The shorts I intended to point out were in the part visible without scrolling.

By the way, when you say "resize", do you mean to actually open it in a photo editor and change the dimensions? I just copied and pasted that from another web page. I'll be more careful next time.

16. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Yes.

(Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit....)

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    shorter the better.
    more cooling and less air resistance.