A Suggestion to the IBF

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by cxytdn, Aug 11, 2006.

1. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

The IBF should cancel Europe Vs Asia Competition, and should promote a new competition named World Champion Vs World All Stars Challenge.

The World Champion Vs World All Stars Challenge should include three events:
    1) World Men's Team Champion Vs World All Stars Men's Team Challenge
    2) World Women's Team Champion Vs World All Stars Women's Team Challenge
    3) World Mixed Team Champion Vs World All Stars Mixed Team Challenge

The Men's & Women's Team Challenge should be held in the end of even year before World Finals.

The Mixed Team Challenge should be held in the end of odd year before World Finals.
    :cool:

2. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

Let's think .......

Men's Team Challenge: China Vs World

LIN Dan Vs LEE Chong Wei [MAS]
    CHEN Jin Vs GADE Peter [DEN]
    CHEN Hong Vs JONASSEN Kenneth [DEN]
    FU Haifeng/CAI Yun Vs ERIKSEN Jens/LUNDGAARD HANSEN Martin [DEN]
    GUO Zhendong/XIE Zhongbo VsCHAN Chong Ming/KOO Kien Keat [MAS]

Women's Team Challenge: China Vs World

ZHANG Ning Vs XU Huaiwen [GER]
    XIE Xingfang Vs WANG Chen [HKG]
    ZHU Lin Vs PI Hongyan [FRA]
    GAO Ling/HUANG Sui Vs LEE Kyung Won/LEE Hyo Jung [KOR]
    YANG Wei/ZHANG Jiewen VsEMMS Gail/KELLOGG Donna [ENG]

Mixed Team Challenge: China Vs World
    ZHANG Jun/GAO Ling Vs WIDIANTO Nova/NATSIR Lilyana [INA]
    LIN Dan Vs LEE Chong Wei [MAS]
    ZHANG Ning Vs XU Huaiwen [GER]
    FU Haifeng/CAI Yun Vs ERIKSEN Jens/LUNDGAARD HANSEN Martin [DEN]
    GAO Ling/HUANG Sui Vs LEE Kyung Won/LEE Hyo Jung [KOR]

In the same way, Continental Confederation can also promot "Continental Champoin Vs Continental All Stars Challenge" such as:

1) African Champoin Vs African All Stars Challenge
    2) Asian Champoin Vs Asian All Stars Challenge
    3) European Champoin Vs European All Stars Challenge
    4) Pan-American Champoin Vs Pan-American All Stars Challenge
    5) Oceanian Champoin Vs Oceanian All Stars Challenge

These Challenges should be held respectively on the end of the year before World Champion Vs World All Stars Challenge, events should be the same as World Champion Vs World All Stars Challenge.
    :D

3. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

All Results are also "CHALLENGE" including Women's Team event.

4. CWB001

CWB001 Regular Member

Could you write that a bit bigger?

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    The Asia versus Europe series do provide some form of relief from the strings of IBF "mundane" events all year round, although at the moment Asia has more of the world's top players.

It would be better if the Asian-born imported players are not to represent Europe, but this may not be well-received as Europe still lacks depth. And for every of the five events (MS, MD, WS, WD XD), it should be represented by a different country, but here again Europe will be disadvantaged as the better players come from Denmark. So even mighty China and Denmark can only be represented once in one event.

The idea is to expose more players and to let them gel as a team, even though they are from different countries. A chance for them to make friends and exchange notes which may not be available on other occasions. :p

China versus Rest of the World (ROW)

At the moment when China is still strong in all the 5 events, this could be another interesting encounter. This is a Team event which should bring the ROW players together on how to overcome China. A rare chance for the ROW to put their minds together and work as a team!

We have seen in golf, how the annual series of US versus Europe brought out such emotions and excitement on the final day. Something not possible for individual IBF events.

The other competitions as suggested may not be a good idea for the time being as both the Thomas and Uber Cups series are already run on a continental basis for the various IBF member countries to compete in their region or continent before the winners meet in the final rounds.

There must be sufficient numbers of quality players in the various countries to justify the time, effort and resources that have to be put into organizing the competitions and I think currently this seems to be lacking in general. :)

#5 Loh, Aug 23, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Monday September 25, 12:12 AM
    Badminton-IBF pleased with Madrid, concerned about communication

MADRID, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Poor communication was behind organisational problems on the penultimate day of the world badminton championships, the sport's governing body said on Sunday.
    Overall, the International Badminton Federation (IBF) was happy with the Spanish capital's staging of the tournament, the chair of its events committee, Paisan Rangsikitpho, told Reuters.

Spectators and members of the international media complained on Saturday that they had not been allowed to enter the venue until a few minutes before semi-final matches were scheduled to start.

Live television and radio broadcasters were left standing in the street and unable to set up their equipment, while security staff man-handled journalists who complained.

Many journalists complained about the organisation of the tournament and questioned Madrid's capacity to hold such events. Asian journalists were particularly critical.

"I think overall we are very happy with it (the tournament organisation)," Rangsikitpho said. "There have been some challenges: the language, communication...but we've managed to solve almost all of these.

"I like strong security, I want to have strong security, but there needs to be flexibility. The installations and playing conditions are good, I won't say great, and we're happy with the way the world championships are going.

"We are looking for exposure and the media are important. I don't know the precise facts (of what happened on Saturday) but we'd like to see certain systems in place so that everyone understands.

"I think it is all down to communication. I think it could be better from their side but I don't think this is a serious matter. I think it is down to communication and I think they should try and hold another one. The experience will help them get better."

One of the journalists who complained on Saturday said that Madrid should learn from their mistakes in handling the media but added that he had not meant to doubt the city's capacity to hold big events such as the Olympics.

"To come into the press centre just a few minutes before live broadcasting and live wire work is a big problem in order to promote the sport," said Raphael Sachetat, a freelance photographer and writer who does work for the IBF.

"But I'm not questioning that Madrid is able to hold the Olympics."

Madrid failed in their bid to hold the 2012 Olympics but have said they will try again for the 2016 Games.
    --------------------------------
    i think ibf promoting badminton around world is noble but i think ibf should concentrate more on the north american market instead. I think the 05 WC was very well presented and organized (yes the wind draft was a problem but so was in madrid too). If the US gains badminton popularity, the rest of the european, south american, india, AUS, and african countries will follow.