for bosch

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by shaun, Jun 20, 2001.

1. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    Bosch has realised before I did that RD sold fake stuff. He warned me about it and I never really took his warnings into thought because the RD fed me tons of information and had defense for everything. THe truth of the matter is that RD does sell fake stuff. It has been confirmed that he sells fake things(refer to the iso900 thread started by cooler). Heres an email that he sent to Harry..

Henry,
    after talking with the Yonex rep in the Middle east, he said he would take
    the racquet back.
    Come and get your money.
    You and Shaun, especially Shaun have been the worst customers I have ever
    had.
    You have caused issues and headaches for every reatiler you have ever come
    across.
    I hope now retailer has to put up with your @!#$ anymore.
    Just come and get your money.
    If you or Shaun post one more thing about me on the Forum, you will the see
    what I
    will create for the both of you...

----------He said this after Harry asked for a refund at least 3 times. Every single the RD had for harry before that was very bitter, called him ridiculous, and had a very harsh "NO" about the refund. Now he decided to say yes to the refund BECAUSE RD knows hes gonna get in trouble. Cos harry spoke to Jen Lee about it and Jen Lee is very knowledgable in this situation.

2. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    This is still very Valid

---FROM BEFORE---
    i've bought like 8 racquets from RD and just found out that he sells CLONES! DONT GO TO RD! HES FULL OF CRAP! my friend has an iso800 from him, and he went to get it stringed....the stringer found out right away that its a clone worth 70.
    it couldnt even take 24lb cross cos the frame isnt even strong enuf...the yonex logo at the bottom of the handle doesnt seem authentic the stringer says.....that means the cab10, iso300, iso500, SP900, iso800 from him are fake.....
    i'm never going back to this guy.
    he says no refunds on his pricelist, but i'm going to try and get refunds on everything.
    because what he did was false advetisement.
    he claims to sell yonex when what he sells isnt even true yonex.
    he has broken copyright laws, did false advetisement and therefore mislead ppl to buy his products and rip them off.
    do u think i can get him in trouble for this and get a full refund on all thse racquets?
    -the unhappy shaun

I should have known then that he did sell fake stuff. No wonder why my cab23 couldnt take a simple tension of 21x23! He knows hes gonna get in trouble, thats why he has already shipped his whole inventory of racquets out to the Middle East on the date of wednesday June 19

3. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    and and

And I know some of you will say "but shaun, it seems like everytime u have a problem with a retailer, u never talk to them first".
    well i did. I emailed RD about the probelms i had and he was very short winded about it.....lemme get u a copy:

Shaun,
    you dont own a Cab23, it was refunded to you, thus
    I dont have to explain anything. You already know all these answers,
    I am not going to repeat myself. As for Butt Capps, ya they make
    a great fake racquet, but screw up the 3 cents Butt Caps. They are the older
    Butt Caps.
    I am not officially closed, I turned away some customers yesterday.
    I have no interest to get into any arguements with Yo's or Lee's, they have
    enough
    of that already between them selves.
    I has been interesting doing business with you, wish you well in school.
    Remeber, play and enjoy Badmminton, dont waste your time with BS about
    racquets, most are the same anyways.
    Ali

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2001 12:28 AM
    To: racquetdoctor@home.com
    Subject: very confused

Ali,
    I'm very confused. I have been fed too much
    information by yo sports, lees and yourself. I am not
    writing this up to blame any of you either. I want to
    point out that everything that all three of you say is
    very contraversial. I dont know who to believe
    anymore. I trust that your racquets are real now that
    I think about it....theres no way you'd sell fake
    racquets from your own house. But there were some
    issues with my cab23.
    Somethings i want to point out to you:
    the cab23 MP bumps are not finished very nicely, some
    are very lumpy, and some are very rough. In general,
    they are a bit too small and the strings dont even sit
    on them. Also, the color of the cab23 was off from
    the "real" cab23. The cab23 had a PBSI logo when it
    wasnt an SP version...and that is quite odd.
    But the other things you sell and I have tried have no
    issues. The iso300, Mp100, henry's swing power etc.
    Can you help me figure something out of all this
    confusion i am in? Yo sports says that for the butt
    cap, the words "japan" and the yonex logo should be
    very sharp and clear, and on some of your butt caps,
    that is not true. But when I look at the frames,
    stiffness and the way the actual racquets play that
    you sell, they seem perfectly fine to me....
    Anyway I'm just lost and I'm hoping you can help...
    Now I understand what you mean by "the badminton
    business is too much of a pain"
    -Shaun

4. J

J Guest

I bought ISO swing power 900 from RD a while ago and notice that none of the ISO swing power 900 that RD showed me has good finished. The "Yonex" sign looks so fake to me. As a matter of fact, I felt so bad after I got the racquet that I went to YO sport to check on the same model and the finish are just different. I asked a badminton coach to see if it is a authentic one and the answer is yes. Basically I do not have problem in using it but the string lose its tension after one month.

5. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Shaun, where is the racket doctor based?

Also, if his goods aren't original, where does he get them from?

6. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    THAT S.O.B.!!!!

As you all know I have posted about the Fake Yonex BG-80......Now do you believe me?.......That S.O.B. ALI.....I bought a Iso300 from him and it broke........i didn't tell him though cause I thought it was my own fault.......Now that we have confirmed that his racquets are fake.....I say we SUE him!!!!

7. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    Byro

RD is based at his home. He sells from his house...which makes it seem like he'd never do something as dumb as selling fake items from his own house....
    he claims he gets his goods from the Middle East..

8. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Byro, RD lives/operates in Toronto, if that is what you are asking.

9. bosch

bosch Guest

Re: for me.

RD sold me a fake racquet (i will not disclose which one) for approximately $130 to $150. I also purchased BG65 string from which has been verified as fake. I should have known better about the string. It was a bit obvious because on the back of the packaging the description does not include the plactic over casing on the string (not included on the diagram). Currently that string has been strung on my friend's Iso 95 VFLong and when hitting shuttle in the air with it, the sound is not the familiar "dink dink" or "ping ping", metallic like sound which im used to from bg65 but rather a "buk buk" sound. also when you feel the thickness of the string by hand, it feels much thicker (and oilier, eww) than regular bg65 on one of my retail racquets. RD is not going to give me refund. There goes nearly $160 down the draaaaaaaain.

10. Jeff L

Jeff L Guest

phew, i was about to purchase a racquet off of him

11. bosch

bosch Guest

lol catch 22: you pay more but you get the real thing.
    i think that's how it works?? ^_-

12. Shahzad

Shahzad Guest

Surely you should be able to do something about this guy selling fake goods. It is a crime in any country and is an infringement on copyright law. This guy should not get away with selling fake rackets and equipment. He should be reported or something and you guys who have bought stuff off him should get a refund. But you should know better than buy stuff off a guy seeling from his home...shoudn't you.

13. Tony

Tony Guest

Shaunie "baby", you are really insulting my intelligence now.
    You want the real stuff but you don't want to pay the real price.
    How on earth can a guy like Ali will convince you again & again ,ie 8 times, without your doubtfulness? Are you being hypnotized on the spot or he is really good at selling things?
    On the other hand, are you 100% sure that he is selling fake stuffs?

14. Louie

Louie Guest

of course he is not, me and my friend have bought from RD and his stuff is great....I am just waiting for the next person or business Shaun is going to attack. First it was RD, then Lee's and now RD again.
    He is going to get in trouble for all his accusations.
    It looks to me like Shaun is the one with problems, cause there just doesn't seem to be anyone whom is fair to him.
    Its a conspiracy to steal and stiff Shaun.........

Next victim??....maybe Yo's? Tune in to Shaun's next accusation episode.......

15. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    It was actually, thanx

16. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad

The BG-65 doesn't necessarily make that "ping ping" metallic sound. My BG-65 doesn't make the metallic sound even if its strung 22lbs+. But anyway, thats beside the point.

17. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad

Woah woah, wait a minute, don't get me wrong, i live in Singapore and never got anything from this RD. But doesn't mean his stuff seems great, means that his stuff are genuine. I used to use an imitation Ti-7 made by Fleet, it was good.

Just to ask a general question to everyone who has bought from the racket doctor.

What signs on the racket or string or whatever you bought from him shows you that it is genuine/fake?

18. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!

oh ya i'm 100% sure.
    it was confrimed by Yonex Canada that RD's merchandise is fake(They tested the cab23 and mp100 from RD).
    i didnt think they were fake cos some of then played really well for me....such as that cab23

19. harry

harry Guest

the strings are totally diff....thicker, oily, the name's not even on properly or on at all can barely read it and only one like one or two spots and mostly of all they play totally diff...worse!
    rackets' cosmetic is one thing, plays diff too(less solid and less stiff), the butt cap is not right if you compare to real racket, no serial #, cap above handle is diff shape from real ones....etc.

20. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    Louie and Byro

First of all, an answer to Louie's post:
    It is true that I go around accusing dealers. But these accusations are not simply made up from thin air. They are from experiences I have with them. Each time I have spoken to the retailer about it and the problem becomes resolved. But this time, i spoke to Ali about it and I got no where. Ali does sell fake racquets and I have proof of it.....Those RDC machine tests that I kept blabbing about: Those tests he just told me about, i have never seen the final results on paper or in person. He says he has invoices from Yonex, but back then, I was too ignorant to ask to see them.
    Now, about the authenticity of the racquets:
    Jennifer helped me out on this one.....I brought my cab23 into her store a second time to simply talk about it. She compared a real cab23 to mine.
    these are the differences:
    Mine-decals are crooked, the writing is of larger bold, The color is off-the orange was too light. The butt cap was 100% different, it was a different shape, the "YY" sign was not as white as the real one. It was also in many many peices where as the real one was 1 peice and the color was very constant.
    The grommets were not OEM spec grommets, they are of cheap quality and were trimmed after they were installed on the frame-yonex does not do that.
    The flex was different, balance was different.
    As you may know, the Cab23 "exposes" its graphite fibres for viewing similar to the AB900 paint scheme. Now the yonex graphite fibres were very organized and all went in straight lines, the RD cab's fibres were chunky and went all over the place similar to the wood grain of the interior of a car.
    Yonex Canada themselves had the cab23 and mp100 from RD, and had a mould of the butt cap. RD's butt caps did not match up with the Yonex mould at all.
    This info was relayed to me by Jennifer.....if you dont believe me then ask her.
    BTW Louie, I know that RD uses different names to defend himself on the Forum.....would there be a slight chance that you'd be Ali? =p