User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by geekbits View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. My skill level is intermediate and with regard to Volleyball/HandBall shoes, I don't find it online in my region. I need to check with some sports shops for that.

Few in the forum suggest not to use the Indoor court shoes for outdoors and few suggest a new shoe for outdoor use( so regular shoes won't make the Indoor court dirtier)

I am ready to buy a new pair of Indoor court Badminton shoes(for concrete outdoor courts) if that shoe's life would be good in concrete courts. Is it a wise idea to buy Indoor court shoe for outdoor use ? How about the life of court shoes for outdoor use ?
    You should get tennis shoes for outdoor (hardcourt) or low cut lightweight basketball shoes. Indoor shoes you will just wreck the soles in no time I imagine ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by geekbits View Post
    Can Tennis shoes be the better solution for playing badminton in outdoor(concrete) courts ?

Thanks
    Absolutely. Last year I found a new playing partner who had a membership with a premium sports club in Kolkata. While the play facilities were excellent, the indoor courts had concrete floors. My old Nivia badminton shoes (pretty worn out already) lasted just a month on that surface. Then I switched to playing with a pair of Reebok tennis shoes that were lying around. On concrete, not only did they give better cushioning, they served me a whole year (until we found another venue). They still feel good for another year.

Of course, I'm just an intermediate level player who plays for recreation. Dunno what the serious players would say about this. (But then, they'd probably not play on concrete at all!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks all for the valuable suggestions.

<quote>There are some great looking badminton shoes on the market</quote>
    Thanks for the feedback and have one badminton shoe for playing indoors and it is very good .

<quote>You should get tennis shoes for outdoor (hardcourt) or low cut lightweight basketball shoes.</quote>
    Thanks for the valuable suggestions. For the past two days,I moved back from the running shoe to low cut basket ball shoe which I already had. But still, I am experiencing pain in the heel when I try to smash and quickly get back to net for drops. I could easily feel the pressure on my heel when I jump and smash .I am still not comfortable with the shoe but it reduced lot of ankle pain and it is far better than the running shoes.

<quote>Then I switched to playing with a pair of Reebok tennis shoes</quote>

I will surely try tennis shoe as all of you are suggesting. Can you give me any link or model of the Reebok shoe that you are having ?
    Are you getting any pain in your ankle or in in your heel while moving fast between the back boundary line and net or while smashing ? Is it heavy ?

Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3