MP-55 vs. Ti-5

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Jeff, Jun 20, 2001.

1. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Hi! I'm an intermediate badminton player and I was wondering which of the two rackets would be better to get: MP-55 or Ti-5. I would call a badminton racket seller but I know they'd suggest the more expensive one (MP-55).

Thanks!

2. Jeff

Jeff Guest

OH YEAH: Re: MP-55 vs. Ti-5

Also, would you suggest a T-7700(an HL racket) over an MP-55 or a Ti-5???

Thanks again!!!

3. Jeff

Jeff Guest

well theres another jeff, ill use jeff L from now on :) you should at least try, some people would be honest and suggest what might not better. theres nothing really special about the mp55, but the muscle power frame. and from what i hear its not that great at all. you should read the review sections on the ti5, but if i were you id save up, and purchase a "better" racquet like a mp77, or a ti10

4. bosch

bosch Guest

Hey Regular Jeff lol,
    I played with a Ti5 for quite a while and its a good solid racquet even for intermediate players. Head heavy, 2U and stiff. It's not bad when it comes to power and the control is alright. I haven't tried the MP55 yet but from what people are telling me, it's not much different from a Ti3 minus the Titanium insert and plus a full muscle power frame. Hope this helps!

5. harry

harry Guest

the muscle power frame is not nothing....it doesn't necessarily make the racket more head heavy cos thatz just depended on teh designed balance on the racket. the muscle power frame helps the strings to last longer and for the tension to last longer too...another thing is higher string tension can be used on muscle power frame

6. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    TI7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its a good racquet.
    well if you have a limited budget, you might want to look at cabs...they are great performers and are not expensive, just that they can be harder to hit because the sweet spot is smaller....
    if you must get an iso, i really do suggest you save up for an mp77...because that is a good racquet as well, i tried one out today. just do NOT get the VF series, they are expensive and very dissapointing

7. Jeff L

Jeff L Guest

i thought you hated the ti-7 shaun

8. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    Shaun hated RD's FAKE TI-7.....LOL........he loves the real Ti-7 now!!!!.....LOL

9. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    no Jeff, i hated the RD Ti7...which was a fake, but i tried the real one from YO sports and loved it....i even bought one....i'll post a review after more play....only um........5 hrs so far ^_^

10. Jeff L

Jeff L Guest

hah yea i was thinking about buying it too, well ill get it over the summer time, maybe before i go off to badminton camp

11. Jeff L

Jeff L Guest

scratch that, im planning on getting another AB 900, or a cab. i have too many iso's