Brett: Warranty claim for Carlton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bosch, Jun 20, 2001.

1. bosch

bosch Guest

hey brett could you tell me how to claim a warrantly for Carlton? I know they're owned my Dunlop Maxifli but do you have a number or anything i could call? Im in Canada.

2. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Hi Bosch,

I don't know whether Dunlop runs all of its North American operations out of its South Carolina facility or if it has a separate headquarters in Canada.

The person I contacted and her information is as follows:

Allison Broadway
    Racquet Customer Care Supervisor
    Dunlop Slazenger Group
    1-800-277-8000
    Fax 864-241-2248
    email: abroadway@dsgamericas.com

I found Allison to be very helpful - If she can't help you, I'm sure that she can give you the number for their Canadian headquarters.

A word of warning: I don't think that Carltons in the U.S. and Canada have warranties (My defective AB 600Ti was from the UK, came with a warranty and there were some other issues that may have made my warranty replacement an exception to the rules). However, if you experienced one of those defective grips breaking, they will probably replace that as it was a known manufacturing defect. What racquet is giving you the problems?

Another thread that contained some of this information can be found at:

<http://www.badmintonforum.com/forums/read.php?f=4&i=133&t=125>

Hope this helps - it's all the information that I have. Good luck.

Brett

PS I won't have computer access after today until the middle of the next week, so if you have a follow up question, it will be a few days before I can respond.

3. bosch

bosch Guest

Well, I had two Airblade Kevlar Hi-T's one of which I broke out of my own anger ^_^ stupid, I know, and the other snapped in half when i went for an underhand clear. It was barely two weeks only and I had not even played with it yet. I had only started playing for about an hour then I tried to do a long underhand clear to test which bird had the stronger flight and the bugger snapped in half in the middle of the shaft.
    Thanks for your help Brett!

4. AF

AF Guest

Where did you buy the racquet from? You should be able to go back to them and have them send it back to Carlton (Dunlop) for you , it may cost you shipping, 15-25 bucks depending on the store, if the racquet is less than 1 year old or was it 6 months? If it is a manufacture's defect, I think they have to take it back, the most it will cost you is shipping to find out, it don't hurt.

If you broke the racquet yourself, not during a shot, then there is no warranty claim to be made, only if the frame broke during play without incidental contact.

AF

5. bosch

bosch Guest

Hi AF,
    i bought this from Brown's in Toronto. My racquet is less than a year old i think around 8 months, but it broke only a couple weeks after i bought it. i never knew the carlton has warranties on their racquets so i never bothered until i saw one of brett's posts about getting a warranty on his AB600Ti. It broke on a shot, thats right. An underhand clear damnit!! No contact occured at all, because i was warming up for singles.