did i stirng my 99 rite?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by evolution-Fung, Aug 16, 2006.

1. evolution-Fung

evolution-Fung Regular Member

Clothing
    im just wondering if i strung my racket correctly, this is the 3rd attempt at it...the first time i had no idea wtf i was doing so i didnt cut the string and after i strung it i cut both ends of the mains so i was left with 2 pieces for the crosses and so i started with one string and i ran otu so i tied a not then added another string.....and so my racekt became deformed bent to one side i quickly cut the strings so it can retain the shape and the second time i string it my drop weight says its was 25 pounds but my 21 pound amt was stiffer string bed then the 25 lbs 99, so then i used the kilos it said 25 kilos and 40 something lbs, and i got the tension that i wanted i think the klippermate dropweight setting that is printed on the bar is wrong.......and so i cut it cuz it was unplayable....cuz it was like 10 actual lbs...........and now i restrung it with the string that klippermate gave me to "try" its called the synthetic gut or soemthing lol its .80 mm ahhahaha i had a hard time putting it through the grommets on the crosses......but this is waht i got i cut the string in half strung from the middle out to side skipped b11 and went stragiht into b12 and tied at B6 on both sides thats what i did....then i started a knot on top6 hole then went into the 7th hole and crossed my way down with an increase in tension of 2.5 pounds or kilo's as the bar says.....then i went all the way to b9 and tied at b8!!!! is this correct? next time i string it i will follow the "new" way of stringing the rackets on yonex usa website....and one more question it says to string from the bottom....would i not loose tension as i go up the racket? and that is where the sweet spot is on the racket near the top....

2. evolution-Fung

Clothing
    oh heres the picture of the racket strings....

Attached Files:

3. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    First of all, I wouldn't have tried learning stringing on any higher end-expensive rackets. Try it on any old rackets for atleast 4 or 5 times until you get the hang of it. There are so many things that can go wrong while stringing & you have to be careful to keep it evenly as much as possible.
    The more you mess up on the stringing the more susceptible your racket becomes for cracking/breaking.

4. evolution-Fung

Clothing
    okie but did i string this racket rite?

5. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    It looks good !!!!!

6. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Use tooth floss to get the cross string though the shared grommet holes. Tie a loop on one end of the tooth floss. Insert the unlooped end through the shared grommet. Insert the cross string into the loop. Pull the loop through the shared grommet.

7. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Does your stringing machine come with fixed clamps? If not use four flying clamps (two on each side when doing the main strings). The more flying clamps the less tension loss.

8. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) which Klippermate model do you have? is it m140?
    2) did you tighten the 2 moveable post tight? i find that even if you tight the butterfly bolt tight, the top still move in about 1/16 in each (total of 1/8 in at top) so make sure the end of the lower mounting plate fit the racquet snug.
    3) from my experience with m140, the weight conversion chart is not exactly right. if you use badminton weight, the conversion is tennis scale /3 to get the right badminton weight. ie. tennis 60lb/3=20lb badminton weight. bad 24lb=72lb tennis.
    4) do a search in stringing tech. for dental floss, there are some pictures on how to use dental floss on your racquet. See your dentist if you don't know how to use it for your teeth.

good luck

9. evolution-Fung

Clothing
    thanx for the help!!!! their is 2 fixed clamps on the stringing machine...and silentheart so if i wanted 25 lbs badminton weight woudl that mean i need to put 75 lbs on the bar???? because i think the lbs on the bar is totally incorrect as i think the kilos actually = badminton lbs....

10. silentheart

According to Klipper's conversion chart, 25lb is set on 70lb and 26lb is set on 75lb. Which I don't agree from my calibration.
    1) Klipper's Conversion Chart. You can call them to get a sticker like this one.
    2) Badminton weight @ 25lb
    3) Tennis (left) and Badminton (right) weight

Attached Files:

11. evolution-Fung

Clothing
    oh so i need to set it at 75 lbs to be at 25lbs? i have the exact same model with the little weight so if i wanted 25 lbs where do i set it?

12. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    The top row of numbers printed on the ruler is for tennis, whereas the lower row is for badminton. Silentheart describes to you how to set the tennis weight to string badminton racquets and vice verse.

13. silentheart

Top row is weight in lb and lower row is weight in kg. use the small weight and set it at exactly where I set for 25lb tension for badminton. You can also use tennis weight and set it at 25lb. klippermate does go down to 20lb on the tennis weight. Try it on a CHEAP racquet FIRST!!!

14. evolution-Fung

Clothing
    okie, so to achieve 25 badminton lbs i must set it at 75 lbs on the bar, and the small weight needs to always be multiplied by three from the number u want and onto the bar ie if i wanted 25 lbs on my racket i would need to multiply 25 by 3 which is 75, so i set it on 75 to achieve my 25 correct?

15. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Opppsssssssss:eek:

16. silentheart

You are right, just be conident about yourself. Don't drop the weight too fast on Klipper machine when it is over 24lb, the tensioning cluch might snap the string.

17. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I am using the same machine.

However, I don't think the conversion is done based on a simple formular like x kg = 2.2 x lb or 3 or whatever factor. The reason is, the weights used for tennis and badminton jobs are different. Therefore, with the extra factor kicking in, I think the conversion chart was created by actual measurement (relatively speaking), rather than a simple factor x.

Based on my own experience with M140, the settings are fairly CONSISTENT. I don't want to use the word "accurate", as I think it possible off by a bit, as they created the conversion chart based on the "already marked on" tennis scale. Therefore, a reasonable off is acceptable. As long as you have your own consistent setting, the quality of job should be very much accpetable. ;)

18. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. for M140, I don't think there are any fixed clamps, but only 2 flying clamps coming with the package. Therefore, get another 1-2 flying clamps (e.g. HiQua, Yonex, etc) should be helpful.

2. The conversion chart serves the purpose of using badminton weight on the "already marked on" tennis scale. It's not a kg vs. lb chart. Simple treat the marks as "marks only", and use the conversion chart accordingly. Any additional "self discovered" calculation might not be accurate. :rolleyes:

19. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1 more thing for the string partten. For main, the 2 knots should be at B8, and for cross, tie off at B6. This is due to the purpose of "min. tension lost". ;)

20. silentheart

1) Agree,
    2) That is why I calibrated it in a lab when I first bought it. To make sure I have good indication of which mark = what lb. I agree with you that my calculation might not be a good conversion for other stringer/machine. It is for my own machine only. Thanks for the correction.