Heat Damage

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Jeff L, Jun 20, 2001.

1. Jeff L

Jeff L Guest

ummm this may seem like a stupid topic but im just wondering if theres any possible heat damage that can be dome to my racquet or strings. because the heat has been rising lately in california, im wondering if i should keep my ti-10 and ab900 in a closet or something, to stay away from the heat.

2. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    it damages ur racquet if it is exposed for a very long term.
    Koyo of YO sports told me about it once...he said he had a customer who kept his racquets in his car trunk all the time(BTW this is in TORONTO), and the customer requested his racquet to be strung at 23lb or something like that....once koyo finished stringing and took it off the machine, the whole racquet face collapsed.....
    but when he cut the strings, it bounced back to normal...so the graphite had turned into a very bouncy viscous material.....it lost its hardness

3. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Yeah this happened to my friend to.

His racket just melted inside the cover. he had kept it in his car boot and after someime all he got was liquified Graphite.

Poor Soul

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Jeff,

thanks for raising the question! i think what Shaun and yogesh has described is very valuable information. leaving the rackets in a car is a bad idea.

however, leaving them inside a house is probably ok, unless you are in 110+ climate with no heating whatsoever..

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Re: cold Damage

on the other extreme, using your racket after being sitting in the car trunk expose to the arctic cold canadian winter is highly not recommended either. They tend to snap quite easily.

6. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    Re: cold Damage

That's why once in a while you gotta do what I do..check out your racket from time to time and see what's up. I do it all the time..analyze my racket...see anything different from it..swing it around sometime...keep it real.