User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rexy collapses, rushed to hospital

NST
    MALAYSIAíS preparation for the World Championships was jolted yesterday when national doubles coach Rexy Mainaky collapsed during a training session at the National Sports Councilís Gymnasium 2 in Bukit Jalil.

The incident happened when Rexy was giving multi-shuttle drills to Gan Teik Chai and Zakry Latif.

Rexy slowed down, sat and then collapsed.

He was then rushed to the Sunway Medical Centre in Bandar Sunway in an ambulance provided by the National Sports Institute and was admitted for further tests.

Rexy, when met at the Sunway Medical Centre, said he had breathing difficulties on Wednesday but recovered, only to suffer the same condition during training yesterday.

"I never had any heart problems before and my thoughts were about my family and the preparations for the World Championships," said Rexy.

"The doctor said that my heart is fine and there was phlegm in my ribs. I think the stress and mental pressure got to me as I was thinking too much about the World Championships.

"I want the players to fight on. The bigger the challenge is, the harder they should battle and Iíll be there all the way for them. I want to be there to guide them in Madrid and see our players winning rather than take a rest."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thank goodness he is fine and recovering..

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    NST
    MALAYSIA’S preparation for the World Championships was jolted yesterday when national doubles coach Rexy Mainaky collapsed during a training session at the National Sports Council’s Gymnasium 2 in Bukit Jalil.

The incident happened when Rexy was giving multi-shuttle drills to Gan Teik Chai and Zakry Latif.

He was then rushed to the Sunway Medical Centre in Bandar Sunway in an ambulance provided by the National Sports Institute and was admitted for further tests.

Rexy, when met at the Sunway Medical Centre, said he had breathing difficulties on Wednesday but recovered, only to suffer the same condition during training yesterday.

"I never had any heart problems before and my thoughts were about my family and the preparations for the World Championships," said Rexy.

"The doctor said that my heart is fine and there was phlegm in my ribs. I think the stress and mental pressure got to me as I was thinking too much about the World Championships.

"I want the players to fight on. The bigger the challenge is, the harder they should battle and I’ll be there all the way for them. I want to be there to guide them in Madrid and see our players winning rather than take a rest."
    wishing Rexy a speedy recovery and he'll take a lot of rest...the news sounded quite shocking, considering his young age and it's quite sudden(and i just met & spoke with him abt 1 yr ago)...Hope everything will be fine with him and his family..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wish him well too.
    side note, this incident is a huge inspiration booster for the MAL team i may say.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    wish him well too.
    side note, this incident is a huge inspiration booster for the MAL team i may say.
    Yes, I think the Malaysian boys will not take things too easy, if they had done so in the past, since even a foreign coach like Rexy is willing to work so hard for their success without a thought to his own health. Definitely a very strong motivation for them to do well in the WC.

I too wish Rexy a speedy recovery and this should not be a problem because of his relatively young age and determination.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NST
    MALAYSIAíS preparation for the World Championships was jolted yesterday when national doubles coach Rexy Mainaky collapsed during a training session at the National Sports Councilís Gymnasium 2 in Bukit Jalil.

"I want the players to fight on. The bigger the challenge is, the harder they should battle and Iíll be there all the way for them. I want to be there to guide them in Madrid and see our players winning rather than take a rest."
    what?! just found this. that's a shock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

poor guy!I hope he is recuperating.I guess the work load and the stress was just too much for him to handle!Can't believe he was still thinkin about work
    in a such a state....(the man definitely deserves some respect!)

msg:get plenty of rest rexy and ease up a little! =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rexy and WCH can hang out and watch WC together lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rexy,get a good rest.Your health is of utmost importance,so take care.Wish you a speedy recovery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rexy is what we call a "coach" Get a faassst recovery your health is priceless . Wish to see you in Madrid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rexy, take good care of yourself, hope you recover soon. You are the best !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rexy is recovering well. He is jovial as usual. He can even joke about it . So i think he should be doing ok. His collapsed really motivated the team especially the doubles players whom he had bonded with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NST
    MALAYSIA’S preparation for the World Championships was jolted yesterday when national doubles coach Rexy Mainaky collapsed during a training session at the National Sports Council’s Gymnasium 2 in Bukit Jalil.

"I want the players to fight on. The bigger the challenge is, the harder they should battle and I’ll be there all the way for them. I want to be there to guide them in Madrid and see our players winning rather than take a rest."
    Team Malaysia, Bring back the world double champion for Rexy. Malayasia Boleh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's surprisingly to hear that ex-athletes who have led disciplined lives, and trained their body to maximum physical condition can succome to mental stress just as easily as everyone else. What happened to the old proverb, "healthy body healthy mind?"

Get well soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Syaoran_Style
    Rexy is what we call a "coach" Get a faassst recovery your health is priceless . Wish to see you in Madrid
    Rexy discharged from Sunway Medical Center yesterday.
    New Strait Times 19/08/2006. Good news.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rexy is recovering well. He is jovial as usual. He can even joke about it . So i think he should be doing ok. His collapsed really motivated the team especially the doubles players whom he had bonded with.
    Quote Originally Posted by fifteen luv
    thanks for the updates guys. Glad to hear he's doing well and is now out of the hospital & recovering. Hope he can get some more rest and spend some time with his family before his long trip next month to Madrid..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya...Rexy has really done a lot to the MD...He is eager to see Mas winning the WC...What i want to say to Rexy is ,your players can surely appreaciate what you have done...Take good care of your own health...Mas need you to win the WC...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fifteen luv
    Good to hear that he's getting well.
    yes,hope the Malaysia team especially the doubles players will be motivated to work hard for the WC..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast