User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 20
  1. #1
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Rexy collapses, rushed to hospital

    NST
    MALAYSIAíS preparation for the World Championships was jolted yesterday when national doubles coach Rexy Mainaky collapsed during a training session at the National Sports Councilís Gymnasium 2 in Bukit Jalil.

    The incident happened when Rexy was giving multi-shuttle drills to Gan Teik Chai and Zakry Latif.

    Rexy slowed down, sat and then collapsed.

    He was then rushed to the Sunway Medical Centre in Bandar Sunway in an ambulance provided by the National Sports Institute and was admitted for further tests.

    Rexy, when met at the Sunway Medical Centre, said he had breathing difficulties on Wednesday but recovered, only to suffer the same condition during training yesterday.

    "I never had any heart problems before and my thoughts were about my family and the preparations for the World Championships," said Rexy.

    "The doctor said that my heart is fine and there was phlegm in my ribs. I think the stress and mental pressure got to me as I was thinking too much about the World Championships.

    "I want the players to fight on. The bigger the challenge is, the harder they should battle and Iíll be there all the way for them. I want to be there to guide them in Madrid and see our players winning rather than take a rest."

  2. #2
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Thank goodness he is fine and recovering..

    Quote Originally Posted by ants
    NST
    MALAYSIA’S preparation for the World Championships was jolted yesterday when national doubles coach Rexy Mainaky collapsed during a training session at the National Sports Council’s Gymnasium 2 in Bukit Jalil.

    The incident happened when Rexy was giving multi-shuttle drills to Gan Teik Chai and Zakry Latif.

    Rexy slowed down, sat and then collapsed.

    He was then rushed to the Sunway Medical Centre in Bandar Sunway in an ambulance provided by the National Sports Institute and was admitted for further tests.

    Rexy, when met at the Sunway Medical Centre, said he had breathing difficulties on Wednesday but recovered, only to suffer the same condition during training yesterday.

    "I never had any heart problems before and my thoughts were about my family and the preparations for the World Championships," said Rexy.

    "The doctor said that my heart is fine and there was phlegm in my ribs. I think the stress and mental pressure got to me as I was thinking too much about the World Championships.

    "I want the players to fight on. The bigger the challenge is, the harder they should battle and I’ll be there all the way for them. I want to be there to guide them in Madrid and see our players winning rather than take a rest."
    wishing Rexy a speedy recovery and he'll take a lot of rest...the news sounded quite shocking, considering his young age and it's quite sudden(and i just met & spoke with him abt 1 yr ago)...Hope everything will be fine with him and his family..

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wish him well too.
    side note, this incident is a huge inspiration booster for the MAL team i may say.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    11,913
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    wish him well too.
    side note, this incident is a huge inspiration booster for the MAL team i may say.
    Yes, I think the Malaysian boys will not take things too easy, if they had done so in the past, since even a foreign coach like Rexy is willing to work so hard for their success without a thought to his own health. Definitely a very strong motivation for them to do well in the WC.

    I too wish Rexy a speedy recovery and this should not be a problem because of his relatively young age and determination.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    china
    Posts
    1,358
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants
    NST
    MALAYSIAíS preparation for the World Championships was jolted yesterday when national doubles coach Rexy Mainaky collapsed during a training session at the National Sports Councilís Gymnasium 2 in Bukit Jalil.

    The incident happened when Rexy was giving multi-shuttle drills to Gan Teik Chai and Zakry Latif.

    Rexy slowed down, sat and then collapsed.

    He was then rushed to the Sunway Medical Centre in Bandar Sunway in an ambulance provided by the National Sports Institute and was admitted for further tests.

    Rexy, when met at the Sunway Medical Centre, said he had breathing difficulties on Wednesday but recovered, only to suffer the same condition during training yesterday.

    "I never had any heart problems before and my thoughts were about my family and the preparations for the World Championships," said Rexy.

    "The doctor said that my heart is fine and there was phlegm in my ribs. I think the stress and mental pressure got to me as I was thinking too much about the World Championships.

    "I want the players to fight on. The bigger the challenge is, the harder they should battle and Iíll be there all the way for them. I want to be there to guide them in Madrid and see our players winning rather than take a rest."
    what?! just found this. that's a shock

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    poor guy!I hope he is recuperating.I guess the work load and the stress was just too much for him to handle!Can't believe he was still thinkin about work
    in a such a state....(the man definitely deserves some respect!)

    msg:get plenty of rest rexy and ease up a little! =)

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    aujerbajan
    Posts
    1,159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rexy and WCH can hang out and watch WC together lol

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rexy,get a good rest.Your health is of utmost importance,so take care.Wish you a speedy recovery.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    1,264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rexy is what we call a "coach" Get a faassst recovery your health is priceless . Wish to see you in Madrid

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    779
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rexy, take good care of yourself, hope you recover soon. You are the best !

  11. #11
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rexy is recovering well. He is jovial as usual. He can even joke about it . So i think he should be doing ok. His collapsed really motivated the team especially the doubles players whom he had bonded with.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    M'SIA
    Posts
    93
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants
    NST
    MALAYSIA’S preparation for the World Championships was jolted yesterday when national doubles coach Rexy Mainaky collapsed during a training session at the National Sports Council’s Gymnasium 2 in Bukit Jalil.

    The incident happened when Rexy was giving multi-shuttle drills to Gan Teik Chai and Zakry Latif.

    Rexy slowed down, sat and then collapsed.

    He was then rushed to the Sunway Medical Centre in Bandar Sunway in an ambulance provided by the National Sports Institute and was admitted for further tests.

    Rexy, when met at the Sunway Medical Centre, said he had breathing difficulties on Wednesday but recovered, only to suffer the same condition during training yesterday.

    "I never had any heart problems before and my thoughts were about my family and the preparations for the World Championships," said Rexy.

    "The doctor said that my heart is fine and there was phlegm in my ribs. I think the stress and mental pressure got to me as I was thinking too much about the World Championships.

    "I want the players to fight on. The bigger the challenge is, the harder they should battle and I’ll be there all the way for them. I want to be there to guide them in Madrid and see our players winning rather than take a rest."
    Team Malaysia, Bring back the world double champion for Rexy. Malayasia Boleh

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    UK - London, Birmingham
    Posts
    768
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's surprisingly to hear that ex-athletes who have led disciplined lives, and trained their body to maximum physical condition can succome to mental stress just as easily as everyone else. What happened to the old proverb, "healthy body healthy mind?"

    Get well soon.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    M'SIA
    Posts
    93
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Syaoran_Style
    Rexy is what we call a "coach" Get a faassst recovery your health is priceless . Wish to see you in Madrid
    Rexy discharged from Sunway Medical Center yesterday.
    New Strait Times 19/08/2006. Good news.

  15. #15
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants
    Rexy is recovering well. He is jovial as usual. He can even joke about it . So i think he should be doing ok. His collapsed really motivated the team especially the doubles players whom he had bonded with.
    Quote Originally Posted by fifteen luv
    Rexy discharged from Sunway Medical Center yesterday.
    New Strait Times 19/08/2006. Good news.
    thanks for the updates guys. Glad to hear he's doing well and is now out of the hospital & recovering. Hope he can get some more rest and spend some time with his family before his long trip next month to Madrid..

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    5,140
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ya...Rexy has really done a lot to the MD...He is eager to see Mas winning the WC...What i want to say to Rexy is ,your players can surely appreaciate what you have done...Take good care of your own health...Mas need you to win the WC...

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    909
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fifteen luv
    Rexy discharged from Sunway Medical Center yesterday.
    New Strait Times 19/08/2006. Good news.
    Good to hear that he's getting well.
    yes,hope the Malaysia team especially the doubles players will be motivated to work hard for the WC..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Chinese Hospital Charity run with GGBC 2009. Please Join!
    By GGManagement in forum Golden Gate Badminton Club ( GGBC )
    Replies: 0
    : 01-28-2009, 10:17 PM
  2. REXY can't TAKE it !!
    By xymaerts in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008
    Replies: 131
    : 03-29-2008, 05:07 AM
  3. Peter Gade in hospital.
    By Johansen in forum Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007
    Replies: 36
    : 01-16-2007, 07:50 PM
  4. chong wei in hospital
    By Ching293 in forum Asian Games 2006 - Badminton
    Replies: 3
    : 11-04-2006, 04:27 AM
  5. strange day at the hospital!
    By kwun in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 4
    : 06-16-2004, 10:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •