Carltons

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by shaun, Jun 21, 2001.

1. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    Anyone know a place that sells Carltons for substantially cheaper than National Sports in Toronto?
    carltons shoudlnt cost that much especially when one could buy an ab900 from hk for a mere 75cdn.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    for some reason, Carltons are really expensive in US (and i assume Canada as well). a AB900 goes for less than US$50 in HK, where as it sells for US$110 ($120 before sale) (quoting badminton alley's price). that's more than 100% more expensive.

Yonex rackets are usually only 50% more expensive.

3. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Ab 900 is just 39 USD withought strings and 43USD with Bg65 strung.

I think Shipping would be abt 15 USd to the Us from India.

All in all it would come to less than 60USD for everything. That is still cheaper than Badminton alley by 50USd.

Wow.

Man i think someone can start a business.

4. LL

LL Guest

Carltons have never been cheap in Canada, not as far as I can remember....like most racquets in the world, they are manufactured in Asia, so hence it is very cheap over there for a racquet...I use to buy my Cab 21's in hong kong for 65 bucks canadian....the cheapest I bought mine in Canada was 140...

You can expect prices nowadays for a decent badminton racquet in Canada to cost you any less than 125, unless you get those import racquets.

Some of the lesser companies are substantially cheaper in price, pretty much because they can't compete in name, still a quality product, they need the low price to entice customers to try.

Brown's does have some decent prices for a Carltons, but if they have any in stock that remains to be seen. The current carlton that I like the most, better than the 2000, 1000, & 900 is the Airblade Kevlar. Then again, the quality isn't the same as Yonex, my friend has a bunch of racquets, 3 1000's & 3 900's and no 2 of them felt the same, it was weird, some felt heavier than the others, even unstrung...lately they don't seem to last, he has broken all his Carltons...not a cheap thing to break those 6 racquets... now he is a HiQua convert, I hooked him up through my friend AF....too bad it is the off season, we'll see how many he breaks next year...

LL

5. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    hey ll, what hiqua raquets you and your buds use? email me the response plez

6. Jeff L

Jeff L Guest

personally, if the racquet performs good, i think its all worth the money

7. bosch

bosch Guest

yogesh do you live in India yourself? is the carlton AS1 available there?

8. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Bosch,

U get the AS 1 here. I bought one for my friend just now and he is so happy with it. He was a State player and was selected to represent India agst the world in some Under 15 category.

He is 24 now.

It is pretty cheap an din case u are interested then mail me. One mr Jeff had also written to me abt sending rackets to Canada. I hope u live somewhere nearby.

Teh carltons are pretty cheap.U want the chinese ones or the taiwanese ones.

Mail me if u are intereseted.