Peter Gade not coming for Korea Open

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Hong Kong Open 2006' started by Jessica, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    The Korea Open is an important tournament for the top players in the world,and Peter wanted to defend his title which he won last year in the Finals against Kenneth Jonassan.But unfortunately his knee let himstay at home.
    "I felt a pain in my knee"
    "Things were progressing very fine with the knee since returning from Thailand. I've been very careful and at the same time prcticing on 100% with no problems.But on Wednesday then the knee reacted and i felt pain, We didn't want to take ant chances and risk doing the same as in Thailand.It's to close on the Worlds it is the top priority even though i was very keen on playing in Korea", Peter Gada explains the withdrawal.

Ready for Madrid
    "This was the smartes thing to do and now i can continue preparing for the Worlds being careful not to push the knee too much.I feel good,the form is good-and i'll be ready for Madrid.

2. yuval_ba

yuval_ba Regular Member

what a shame :crying:
    I just hope he really makes it to Madrid as I plan to be there, and seeing Peter Gade in action is one of the reasosn.

3. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

At least he can himself in top shape for WC

4. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Peter Boleh

Yes, Peter should take plenty of rest and prepare well for the coming WC, after all, that's one of the prestigious event where he have yet to win the gold title. Skipping KO and HKO may cause him some valuable points hence ranking but Peter knows if he play to what he's capable of then he stands a fair chace to win. I wish LCW win the KO and skip the HKO and spend time to prepare the WC also as better ranking doesn't assure anything.
    Good luck Peter

5. cindie

cindie Regular Member

Hope Peter recovers soon.. and get ready for the WC.