GAO LING LOVED Lee Dong-soo

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Aug 22, 2006.

1. seawell

seawell Regular Member

Shuttlecock Love, from Beijing to Seoul :eek: :eek:

http://www.donga.com/fbin/output?sfrm=1&f=total&&n=200210120002

Watching him from distance, her heart begins to pound. She knows they are not meant to be, but she can't help it. Gao Ring, a 23-year-old Chinese women's badminton player, just can't hide her feelings towards Lee Dong-su, a 28-year-old player from the South Korean men's team.

Gao Ring, who won the gold medal in a pair match during the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games, now ranks the second in the women's pair. She first met Lee, who ranks the third in the men's pair, back in March 1999 during the British Open held in England. He just looked like a good person at first. As she got to know him better through international matches, however, her feelings toward him grew strong.

When Gao meets Lee, she sometimes gives him little presents like a key ring. Lee, for his part, has been always kind and nice to her. He sees her as a junior player he must lead, Lee's colleagues say. In fact, Lee has been seeing someone for more than a year, a flight attendant he met last summer. Gao knows about it, too. It's just she can’t help her feelings.

This is the fourth time the two meet each other this year - there were Indonesia Open, Korea Open and British Open before the Asian Games. Every time they meet, they talk to each other using some Korean and Chinese words.

Gao is often seen watching Lee during practice. The two won the gold medal this time. Gao congratulated on Lee when he beat an Indonesian team in the final on Oct. 9. "To me, she is like a little sister," said Lee. "I often feel sorry for her knowing what she thinks of me."

Players from different countries grow closer as they often encounter on the international level. In particular, table tennis and badminton players from Korea and China often become close friends going through many international matches. Then, friendship develops into love in some cases.

Former table tennis stars Anh Jae-hyung and Jao Zemin got married. Kim Hak-kyun (now head coach of national badminton team) and Ye Zaoing, however, didn't have their wish fulfilled. For Gao, she must know the heartbreaking of unrequited love.

Jong-Seok Kim kjs0123@donga.com

2. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

whoa, she reminds me of almost every girl in my school :(

3. deROSE

deROSE Regular Member

student
    awwww..that's so sweet of gao ring.;)
    kinda touching...pity it just...wasn't meant to be..i guess...

4. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

It's Gao Ling...

Well, there is a bunch of guys out there to choose from! Gao Ling could be like Zhang Ya Wen who chose a Malaysian guy instead, well, forget KKK, he's mine :p

5. deROSE

deROSE Regular Member

student
    yeah yeah.=).wadever hara^kazuko =)=).....sorry for the typing error.yeah,Gao ling shudn't feel upset..there are many fishes in the sea.I'm sure she'll be able to find her match among them.

6. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

What do you think Chen Hong thinks of all this?! Lee Dong Soo coached me for a week. Hes crazy. Isn't Lee Dong Soo married though?
    Maybe this is an older article?

7. deROSE

deROSE Regular Member

student
    no idea how old the article is.Are Chen hong and Gao Ling still 2 gether ?i tot they alredi broke up??i guess it wouldn't matter much to chen hong if their relationship is alredi like dutzo.....but,again, some old flames do get jealous of their ex partners.

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Chen Hong and Gao Ling already broke up... due to some personal problems.

9. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

Even though they already broke up theres probably a little animosity. Chen Hong probably doesn't like Lee Dong Soo.

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I thought it was Zhang Jie Wen. :rolleyes:

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    well, lotta girls have the hot for lee dong soo. Gao's disappointment shouldn't be a surprise. When LDS and his MD partner came to calgary for an exhibition, I saw some non-player korean ladies accompanying them, probably their wives, one even carrying a baby.

12. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

Waouu .. i wonder if she was loving Lee dong Soo even when she was with Chen Hong ?! .. Poor Gao Ling her love was unreachable =//

13. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Ye Zhaoying? I didn't know that, anyone have any further knowledge of this?

14. meeya

meeya Regular Member

The article seems to have been written in 2002. Could have been before she and Chen Hong got together?

15. seawell

seawell Regular Member

GAO LING with Lee Dong-soo 2002 ASIA GAMES!

:D

Attached Files:

16. event

event Regular Member

It was indeed 2002. I remember seeing the article online here and, of course, the date is in the URL seawell included. I also remember watching Gao Ling looking very excited to have her picture taken with Lee at the Korea Open in 2002. Very cute and also very surprising as I took Gao to be at least as big a star at that time. Lee was scheduled to get married in January 2003.