the e-1000

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by evolution-Fung, Aug 24, 2006.

1. evolution-Fung

evolution-Fung Regular Member

Clothing
    i was wondering what everyones opinion on teh e-1000 is who have used it, liek ur setting/string and what it gives, what u like/dont like a basic review on the racket for myself i bought it wiht bg 65 at the recommended stringing, but i highly doubt it is at that tension. anyways the racket is very very crisp! i love the sound and the feeling of it, net play is awesome, doesnt give too much bounce, if anything it doesnt give enough bounce i need to push a little bit more then my 99 to make it over the net. clears are wonderful, again great feel. the only problem is i cant produce enough power with it for my smash....i dont know why everything is onspec as i checked and the smash is okay nothing special.

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Do a search and restrict the search to the equipment section

3. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

I hate it. period. the grip was too small, and replacing the grip didn't improve it either. 2 OG over original produce the same feeling. the long shaft messed up my game instead of improving it. BG80 @ 24 lbs does make it bouncy.

my experience with it it's not a good one.

PS: most of the english wording on it are wrong...

4. SpinAxel

SpinAxel Regular Member

I have mine for over a month now. It is strung with BG-85 with a 28x30 pd tension. It has a solid feel,though a little difficult to control at first. It is okay with net plays but it stands out in clearing and lobs. Defence is also good. What it lacks is power in it's smashes,it seems to lost it's solid feel,as if the racket is bending too much maybe due to flex of the shaft. it's hard sometimes to place a shot. Overall,it's a good all around racket. Light, easy to manuever, and easy to use. It just lacks the power and punch of stiffer,heavier rackets like the NS9K X(my main racket),Woven 11 or even a NS8K.

5. evolution-Fung

Clothing
    so alot of people have problems with power for this racket then? because thats what im havin....

6. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    The selling point was "effortless power," if I remember correctly. Maybe you're not using it right. :D

-dave

7. evolution-Fung

Clothing
    i can get great nice clears, just the smashes are a little weak compared to my 99 mayb i should stop using my 99 and just devote myself to the e-1000 for a while mayb that will help/

8. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i take it that since your e1000 is up for sale that you've since decided not to try and get the most out of it?

9. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    I don't think you can blame the racket for the weak smash.
    Do some wrist training with a tennis/squash racket. Do 100 smashes with a tennis racket and then try it with the e-1000, guarantee your smash will improve by 1000%. Keep doing it.

10. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

1000%? Guaranteed?

Wow. So if I now smash at only 60 mph, after your training I will be smashing at 600 mph :D

11. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction

I petition for You and Viper to get a wild card for the WC!!

Actually I think If you do 100 tennis racket smashes continuously your arm will be too tired to pick up a badminton racket afterwards.

12. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    Doing 100 smashes with tennis racket is the easy part, try doing it in under 10 minutes is the hard part. 4 sets in 1 hour with 5 min rest in between.:D :eek:

13. evolution-Fung

Clothing
    hahaha u guys are jokes....anywyas i can get a good smash with my 99 but not with the e-1000, i dunno why.....

14. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

it's not as good as what the advertisement said. simple fact.

15. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

If you use the e-1000 to do 100 smashes using a tennis ball, I can gurantee 1000% your power will go off the scale afterwards.

16. jerby

jerby Regular Member

and you will break at least 80 e-1000....

17. evolution-Fung

Clothing
    did they ever do the tennis ball tesT? can it withstand the tennisball?

18. evolution-Fung

Clothing
    WOW! i just finished a 2.5 hour session today, boy was i surprised.....today was the first time i actually used the racket for the whole period of time, and wow....it was amazing, power is awesome i gotta say the smashes were awesome, i love this thing, i think before what i did wrong was the balance point, i made the balance point perfect +/- .2 cm, but instead i took off the grip so it was bear wood and only put one layer of overgrip on it, so it moved the balanced point outside of the bracket, and i gotta say that thing is a beast! but one other thing i would like to say is that their seems to be different levels of power depending how u hit it, for net kill, more of a drive, the smash got a big boom and i actually saw the racket flex, and for normal smashes the sound was more crisp it sounded liek shhhhting/kack haha, anyways i think if u give the racket some time u should be able to get the most out of it and move the balance point as close to the head as possible!

19. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I thought you were coming to Hong Kong. There are limits to what you can do to your E-1000 as it is. However, if you are here in Hong Kong, I will give your E-1000 a second upgrade free, except for a new grip unless you provide a new replacement grip.