Real or fake YY racket?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by sze, Jun 24, 2001.

1. sze

sze Guest

Do you know the difference between a real and a fake YY racket?
    In fact, a fake racket appears very similar to a real one. It is difficult to differentiate real and fake rackets from their appearances only. The following points can help u to differentiate a real racket:
    1) The logo of a real one should be clearly printed, whereas the logo of a fake one is more vague;
    2) The grip of a real one should be well-bounded with a clear YY logo, whereas the grip of a fake one is bounded with poor and cheap material which will be worn out easily. Sometimes, they even bounded by poor material with other brand logo;
    3) The white YY logo at the edge or bottom of the grip (green) of a real one should be clearly printed. But, for the fake one, this logo is relatively poorly printed. U may find some green spots are misprinted on the white logo;
    4) Mostly importantly, the shapes and sizes of the 72 plastic poles around the real racket are different in accordance with their positions on the racket so as to achieve the max. outcome. But, the shapes of the plastic poles of the fake one are the same regardless their positions on the racket; ( Please note that this point is a critical point to differentiate a real racket from a fake one because the technology nowadays has been improved and therefore it is different to differentiate a real racket from a fake one according to the first three criteria only.)

Of course, the best way to protect your customer right is to buy your racket from a sport shop with good reputation. The above mentioned is just my personal experience. Should be grateful if anybody can share their experience with me.

2. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Sze, i never encountered any fake Yonex rackets but just out of curiousity, where did you get your fake YY racket from?

3. sze

sze Guest

I also never bought any fake YY racket. But, due to my job nature, I've encountered many real as well as fake rackets and I should be equipped with basic knowledge in differentiate a real racket from a fake one, especially for YY rackets. In fact, I've attended a sport exhibition in Guangzhou and found that it is a common phenomenon to produce fake YY rackets over there and therefore the pride of it is particularly cheap. So that, I want to share my knowlege with all of us on this aspect.

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    sze

check this thread
    iso900- have anyone came across this

lots of posts on identifying fakes

5. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    Re: sze

also.... a old post

FAKE RACQUET!!!....or sumthing posted by me!!.....=)

or u can search it in the search function in the General Discussions Forum....

6. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

I have come across a lot of fakes in the indian market. they are only towards the lower end models like Cab 8000 as it one of the most sought after rackets here.

It is abt 26USd here and the average intermediary player has this.

As Sze said the grommets are not properly made and a tech we have devised is this.

The grommets will break very easily like as if a string cuts through it if u apply pressure with your finger nails.

The paint job and Yonex symbols are key things too.

7. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Looking at those grommets sound like a good way to distinguish fake racquet from real one. In fact, I found that even Yonex clone racquets (Winex) can have Muscle Power frame (at least look like Muscle Power frame).

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i have seen a clone of the MP100 from a manufacturer whom i shall not name here. even the grommets was cloned to spec, with various sizes and lengths at appropriate places. the quality of the paint job isn't up to par with Yonex, however. so it'd be very easy to tell the difference.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Yonex's Fault

If yonex or even us complain about clones, it is all yonex own doing and some of our own fault too

Yonex
    By selling their racket at such high profit margin, they themself encouraging other to clone their stuffs. This happen in other industries too like clones of nike runners, sony stereo, ibm pc, prescription drugs (generic drugs are legal clones).
    Some manufacturers fight the clones, some lower their prices and while some makes numerous models to cover all potential buyers. I think yonex is employing the fight'em mode for the time being.

Us
    We r buying into the marketing hype of yonex. Dont get me wrong. By all mean buy yonex racket if u could afford it, it's a free market. Yonex still makes better badminton racket than the clones. But each year the cloners are getting better n better at it, maybe one day even match up to yonex's quality.

Remember, japan was n maybe still is the master cloner. I still remember when i was young my parent had told me not to buy japanese crap, and buy the real quality stuffs made in germany, USA, and switzerland. Guess what, japan, the master cloner, had made such a stride that now their quality far exceed the american and easily match the best of the german (depending who u talk to but i'll take a lexus anyday over mercede benz for the same $).

So, dont put down the cloners, they r just the equalizer to keep the bully in
    check. One day they could be cloner no more.
    ---------------------------

guess who invented and coined the 'pc'?
    ibm but they charged too much

guess who sold the most pc and now make the better pc ?
    cloners like compaq, HP, dell, gateway, to name just a few

i hope yonex is reading this :lol:

10. Quan

Quan Regular Member

BP(Badminton Player)
    Re: Yonex's Fault

They all make bad computers, I just make mine. I have never boughten a premade comp I think.

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

OT: PC

hey, yonex rackets break too.
    looking back, i think pc is not a good example to compare since one can't go out and buy components and build a badminton racket yourself. The pc industry had matured to the point that dell, compaq,hp, etc are no longer considered as clone anymore.

remember 1 important thing quan, you DID'T made your computers, u just went out and bot off the shelf components and assembled together. You DIDN'T made anything. You did it mostly to save cost not because you can build it better. Today speaking, u r a cloner.

12. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Re: OT: PC

That was great insight from Cooler! Encore!

I totally subscribe to the views of cooler.We have discussed B4 how much it costs to manufacture a racket.

I think B4 Yonex reaslise their Bottom line is going to take a hit.There are not many fakes of Forza.

So i guess we demand yonex and there are clones who provide better margins for
    dealers also.

I think yonex should take these clones out of business by making thier goods more cheaper and increase dealer profitability.

Here in india the dealer gets abt 2USd as profit for a lower end model and gets upto 5USD as margin with knowledgeable buyers.That is not much!

They target Volumes.A single retailer sells abt 300-400 pieces of carbonex 8000 for USD 26.per month.

There are atleast 10 such retailers.

I think that is a lot money by indian Standards.

This is only for carbonex 8000.So i guess u should imagine for other models and brands.

That is the primary reason why rackets are so cheap in India.

If i ask for model he is unheard of like the Yang yang he will charge me hell a lot of money or he might not be able to procure it for me.

I guess it makes sense.

13. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I believe, the paint job looks especially poor near those Titanium Mesh (at least, that's the case for Winex).

I wonder whether the Ti Mesh portion for Yonex racquets are painted only. :)

14. Quan

Quan Regular Member

BP(Badminton Player)
    Ouch that hurt. I am a cloner...I should have though about that more before a said anything. I totally agree.

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Quan

Didn't meant to hurt you, quan.
    Nothing to be ashame of being a cloner, especially if one did it the legal way which u have done.

16. Quan

Quan Regular Member

BP(Badminton Player)
    Re: Quan

No one is hurt.

17. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    Re: Quan

theres an Illegal way?

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member