User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Final test of Tony/Candra's superiority over the younger generation

should be their match against Cai/Fu, the fastest and most powerful pair of the younger generation.

So far T/C have already beaten most of the younger stars: Alven/Luluk, Kidho/Setiawan (So there is none left from INA), Chan/Koo (Best young pair from Malaysia), Lee/Hwang (One of the best from Korea).

The new stars they haven't met: Paaske/Rasmussen (seems little chance to play against them in the future, even if they met, I think T/C should win easily since P/R is far from as good as they were in 2003 now), Boe/Mogensen, Jung/Lee (Somewhat similar to Cai/Fu, fast and powerful, but not as consistent as Cai/Fu, so T/C should also win comfortably), Cai/Fu (This is the hardest, and final test!)

Let's wait and see their clash in HK open!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

howard and tony have beaten cai and fu in denmark open before. So, i can easily conclude T/C can beat cai/fu as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But their most recent match (the only one with 21 pts system) ends with an easy win for Cai/Fu. So it's hard to say. I think T/C has slight advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    howard and tony have beaten cai and fu in denmark open before. So, i can easily conclude T/C can beat cai/fu as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333
    should be their match against Cai/Fu, the fastest and most powerful pair of the younger generation.

So far T/C have already beaten most of the younger stars: Alven/Luluk, Kidho/Setiawan (So there is none left from INA), Chan/Koo (Best young pair from Malaysia), Lee/Hwang (One of the best from Korea).

The new stars they haven't met: Paaske/Rasmussen (seems little chance to play against them in the future, even if they met, I think T/C should win easily since P/R is far from as good as they were in 2003 now), Boe/Mogensen, Jung/Lee (Somewhat similar to Cai/Fu, fast and powerful, but not as consistent as Cai/Fu, so T/C should also win comfortably), Cai/Fu (This is the hardest, and final test!)

Tony (and Howard Bach) have beaten Boe/Mogensen before here @ the U.S. Open 2 yrs. ago(in straight sets). Of course at that time they were still using the 15 point scoring system. I think the 1 "younger" pair that will have another great chance of beating Tony/Candra will be Kido/Setiawan, which they came very2 close of defeating their seniors in the recent KO, if they happen to meet again..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like Fu/Cai vs Chandra/Gunawan will happen at the Hong Kong open if no upsets occur

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333

Tony and Chndra are two best and strongest individual md players in the history of Badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    I correct you, it was MD final at copenhagen masters.