In Vancouver Sept 6th - 11th

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by DarthHowie, Aug 28, 2006.

1. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    Howdy Folks, I'll be in town again for my sister's wedding. I'm looking to play a lot of baddy during my stay here...Gonna bring some of my own rackets this time instead of using my bro's racket.

I can play badminton every day except for saturday due to my sister's wedding.

Tentative schedule:
    Richmond Pro - Thursday and/or Friday (ANY TIME of the day if i can find players to play)... If not, i'll play some plastic at Cambie community centre...

Does clear one still have drop ins on friday evenings??

Sunday - Either Collingwood or pay a visit to the VRC crowd....Pete LSD ...will you be there???

Monday - deciding whether to fly back to toronto the morning or take a red eye that night and go straight to work tuesday morning.

Looking forward to seeing old and new BF/BC members.. :)

Cheers...

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Yo Howie,

We'll probably be playing at VLTBC on that Sunday... but it's really tentative right now. Other than that you could still join us on Wednesday night or Monday night (if you do decide to go the 'red eye' route:D) at VRC:).

3. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Let's have a stringing party to my place with your favourite soda provided ;) :rolleyes: :cool:.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Hahahahahah... LB "certified" session, too - very interesting to see how carefully Pete taking care about all the "babe" rackets. :p

5. TTT

TTT Regular Member

Yes, I think C1 still has dropins on friday.

cappy75, isn't VLT this coming Sunday?

Hey LB, I can tell you that Pete takes a lot of time and care in his racquets...:)

6. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Oh crap! Sorry Howie, but Triple Threat's (TTT) right. I got the VLTBC date wrong. Hopefully you'll still be able to make it to our regular drop-in sessions:eek:.

7. DarthHowie

Stringing party eh?? I'd be curious to see pete string a racket from start to finish. No problems cappy75..besides...i don't own a pair of white shorts =).. Madbad was telling me that Pete LSD has been training like crazy at Richmond Pro. Looking forward to seeing a new, improved and ..dare i say it "dinking" Pete....lol.

At the moment...
    Thursday evening - badminton at richmond Pro with richmond888 and his crew..
    Friday evening - richmond pro drop in (must get there early)

Thrusday and/or Friday during the day - maybe richmond pro drop in or cambie community centre..

Sunday - still the same as original post.
    Monday...hmmm....i think my mom..sorry my family would be upset if i played that much baddy...hahah

8. DarthHowie

Taihen desu!! NOOOO!!

Evening folks..

So i get an email of my sister's wedding itinerary and the responsibilities of each individual..... BOOO-urns! Turns out that i will be unavailable to play Thursday and Friday evenings due to a rehearsal dinner and dinner with relatives from out of town.... I may also have to play chauffeur to my relatives while they're in town.....

which leaves only one real option for the days leading up to the wedding:

Play baddy i the mornings :D!!! So what does this mean for the Sith Lord???
    Thursday and Friday mornings in order of preference -> Richmond Pro (feather hopefully) -> Cambie Community Centre (plastic fun)

Which leaves me with sunday -> VRC -> Collingwood (if i'm only allowed to play in the morning)

...and possibly monday -> anywhere (night session at VRC)..will call/pm individuals of plans...

Oh well...i guess family comes first :rolleyes:...badminton an immediate 1b.

hmmm..maybe i'll feel better after visiting canuckstuff and buy one of their mizuno shoes on sale....the tornado/lightning look awfully nice....or maybe the orange Asics Gel Domain....since i have 3 orange pylon colored shirts....and 4 yellow rackets... :eek:

Attached Files:

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Man, be careful what u wished for. :p

During my last trip, I remember me and frendis stopped by Pete's place right after lunch. After he's done (2 rackets), I could not wait to rush out, and finish a giant bowl of Pho... Man, this guy does a great job, but it just takes forever... :eek: Maybe consider bring a pillow and blanket, make urself comfortable, take a nap, then see how much he still left from his baby rackets... :D

10. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    :D Actually, I have blankets and a sofa for you to take a nap. As LB said, it's a bloody slow process.

11. DarthHowie

No big deal...afterall i have the same machine...but w/o the fixed clamps...
    I'm more curious about seeing his handmade tools for the tie off knots..

12. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Nothing special about hand-made tools. They are just curtain and safety pins :D.

13. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Now, I can see the "service" is getting better. Last time, poor frendis was looking for blankets, and she was offered with .... table clothes??? :eek: :p

14. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Ahh, I am speechless. :crying:

15. DarthHowie

Hey folks,

I've played at the morning dropins at Richmond Pro this past thursday and friday. Good crowd on thursday and an "ok" crowd friday. All in all, very friendly ppl and staff. The receptionist (not the girl pictured on the website) had a pleasant smile and was rather cute =)

Any ways, my days and evenings have been tied up with the wedding and it's now becoming HIGHLY unlikely that i'll be able to play baddy on sunday (sorry pete, can't watch you string...it will DEFINATELY put me to sleep)....

I'll be back during the xmas holidays for 2 weeks.. i'll be sure to fit in more badminton during that time.

Cheers!