Quote Originally Posted by Crazypeetee246
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on the forum but I have been reading the posts around for a couple weeks now. I just wanted to ask what you guys do to get in shape for badminton season.

Here is some background of myself: I'm still in high school, and our badminton program is kind of overshadowed by the basketball/football/volleyball/etc. etc. etc. We only play for about 4 months, 2 of which involves training. I'm relatively new to badminton, I started about 6 - 7 months ago. I am 5' 8" 130 pounds. I used to be a tennis player.

As I mentioned above, I would like to know what everyone does to train. Maybe I can take some advice . There was this kid in one of our rival schools who was the Ukrainian youth National Champion, I saw the way he used his wrist and could clear amazingly far with seemingly no effort. I saw a video by some Chinese guy teaching badminton and his wrist strength amazed me. Any advice on how to strengthen wrists?

Plus, is 90g of protein per day enough?
well for me, i stared only like 1 yr ago and i remember that the first thing that my coach taught me was foot work. coz there's no way of hitting the birdie if you dont now how to get there.
to strengthen ur wrists, bring out ur old tennis raquets and start moving ur wrists like wut you would do w/ ur raquet. ect move it back/forth/in a circle but remember, NEVER bend ur wrist so much that it starts to hurt. coz if you dont, you'll injure ur arm.