User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 34

Thread: Brunei

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Brunei
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool Brunei

    Where do you guys play in Brunei ? Anyone from Brunei here anyway apart from me and Panda??

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne & Brunei, Ex-Darwin.
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monster View Post
    Where do you guys play in Brunei ? Anyone from Brunei here anyway apart from me and Panda??
    another one here hahahhaa. abit late than ever. Do you know any clubs if theres any in brunei, that do social nights? ive googled quiet abit, still ahving no luck, since brunei doesnt have an official badminton association website.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    brunei
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i normally join my gf in dst .. lots of dst players there...very friendly ppl ...but there's only 3 courts...

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne & Brunei, Ex-Darwin.
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Owh yeah, ive been there several times and i dont like it hahahha lol. The ppl are nice but the courts are horrible. They need to repaint the walls or put covers at the back. Its so hard to play with white walls and white shuttles .

    For those lookin for info abt Badminton in Brunei. Visit http://badmintonbrunei.blogspot.com/

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    brunei
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minmorni86 View Post
    Owh yeah, ive been there several times and i dont like it hahahha lol. The ppl are nice but the courts are horrible. They need to repaint the walls or put covers at the back. Its so hard to play with white walls and white shuttles .

    For those lookin for info abt Badminton in Brunei. Visit http://badmintonbrunei.blogspot.com/
    haha i think i got used to it... but i got no complaints since its free LOL

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne & Brunei, Ex-Darwin.
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey man. Do u still play at dst? Im heading back there from early dec til late january.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    bumi
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi i,m from brunei also..usually play monday,wednesday,friday and saturday..since i,m work at afternoon so can play morning at pusat belia at bandar..except saturday play at night..anyone have contact number of any other court rather than scoutcentre,centrepoint ,ibb and harun gym?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne & Brunei, Ex-Darwin.
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajez10 View Post
    hi i,m from brunei also..usually play monday,wednesday,friday and saturday..since i,m work at afternoon so can play morning at pusat belia at bandar..except saturday play at night..anyone have contact number of any other court rather than scoutcentre,centrepoint ,ibb and harun gym?
    Oh nice, whats the level of play on those days u play? Is it a public group? or private only? I havent been there for 2 years, so i have no idea. hahhahaa. Im a C grade level in Australia. Mainly doubles.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    bumi
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know what level i am lol, we just play for fun and to sharpen our technics. i guess we're in a public group, anybody can join. Yes, we play doubles a lot. R u Bruneian or Aussie?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne & Brunei, Ex-Darwin.
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajez10 View Post
    I don't know what level i am lol, we just play for fun and to sharpen our technics. i guess we're in a public group, anybody can join. Yes, we play doubles a lot. R u Bruneian or Aussie?
    ohhh fair enough. Yeap thats what badminton is about, fun. lol. Should be able to join there then hahahhaa. Im a bruneian but living in Melbourne. When i was there, i mainly play at Empire. Few times at different spots, Dst HQ, Maktab sains and some building in the city. Is that public group big? like in do u have to wait for ages for a game?

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    bumi
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minmorni86 View Post
    ohhh fair enough. Yeap thats what badminton is about, fun. lol. Should be able to join there then hahahhaa. Im a bruneian but living in Melbourne. When i was there, i mainly play at Empire. Few times at different spots, Dst HQ, Maktab sains and some building in the city. Is that public group big? like in do u have to wait for ages for a game?
    for weekday can play istantly..lol..coz normally just i,my wife and other fren..then for saturday night we book the court for 2 hours then play with family..around 4 family there..not big group..since divide to 2 court..ladies 1 court,man 1 court..so not take long time to play..only 1 set then stop..other members play..who got stamina he/she can play many set..hahahha

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne & Brunei, Ex-Darwin.
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajez10 View Post
    for weekday can play istantly..lol..coz normally just i,my wife and other fren..then for saturday night we book the court for 2 hours then play with family..around 4 family there..not big group..since divide to 2 court..ladies 1 court,man 1 court..so not take long time to play..only 1 set then stop..other members play..who got stamina he/she can play many set..hahahha
    ohh hahhahaa. Sounds pretty good, Ill PM u in time for contact details, when i get there. Ill try bring a friend with me aswell, so that i wont be as lonely hahahhaa. I think my stamina is okay for long games, really depends on the level of play i guess . hahhahaa. Singles is a different story tu.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    bumi
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minmorni86 View Post
    ohh hahhahaa. Sounds pretty good, Ill PM u in time for contact details, when i get there. Ill try bring a friend with me aswell, so that i wont be as lonely hahahhaa. I think my stamina is okay for long games, really depends on the level of play i guess . hahhahaa. Singles is a different story tu.
    ok..how about badminton equipment at aussie?cheaper than m,sia or brunei?coz in brunei too expensive then too much fake racket

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne & Brunei, Ex-Darwin.
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajez10 View Post
    ok..how about badminton equipment at aussie?cheaper than m,sia or brunei?coz in brunei too expensive then too much fake racket
    oh. Well that depends what type of racket u wanna get. Yonex is always expensive where ever u get it from, but for me, i got mine from Ebay, Stadium sports(http://www.stadiumsports.net.au/), which is a local shop here. Some of the rackets starts bidding at very low price. I got my Yonex Arc Z saber for 180 bucks when i came out, and in normal retail shops theyre at 299AUD. Now its cheaper obviously, due to new rackets coming out.

    I should recommmend u Panda Power, a friend of mine is the australian distributer here. I got one of the PP trinity 2 rackets, its quiet worth the money and not only that, u can get specific balance points, head heavy or head light with different weights. What rackets do u currently use now?(also what strings and tensions) and what style do u play? (attacker, control, all rounder). Ive also used Apacs, from malaysia, not a bad range of rackets.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    bumi
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minmorni86 View Post
    oh. Well that depends what type of racket u wanna get. Yonex is always expensive where ever u get it from, but for me, i got mine from Ebay, Stadium sports(http://www.stadiumsports.net.au/), which is a local shop here. Some of the rackets starts bidding at very low price. I got my Yonex Arc Z saber for 180 bucks when i came out, and in normal retail shops theyre at 299AUD. Now its cheaper obviously, due to new rackets coming out.

    I should recommmend u Panda Power, a friend of mine is the australian distributer here. I got one of the PP trinity 2 rackets, its quiet worth the money and not only that, u can get specific balance points, head heavy or head light with different weights. What rackets do u currently use now?(also what strings and tensions) and what style do u play? (attacker, control, all rounder). Ive also used Apacs, from malaysia, not a bad range of rackets.
    my 1st racket is yonex b700..i think 2u ..the basic one..but now i use VICTOR ArteryTec Ti95 Power..i think when we play together ,i can test ur panda power racket 1st..my style play is all rounder..depend to partner..my string also victor coz i buy racket come with string..not factory string..tensions i use 28lbs..maybe next month reduce to 26lbs..

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne & Brunei, Ex-Darwin.
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajez10 View Post
    my 1st racket is yonex b700..i think 2u ..the basic one..but now i use VICTOR ArteryTec Ti95 Power..i think when we play together ,i can test ur panda power racket 1st..my style play is all rounder..depend to partner..my string also victor coz i buy racket come with string..not factory string..tensions i use 28lbs..maybe next month reduce to 26lbs..
    my apologies, for the super late reply hahaha. Wow i have no idea what racket that is lol. I started with a 10 year old carbonex 21 SP (sadly, got broken lol). Hahahhaa sure no problems. Ill be arriving over there next week, specificly thursday morning hahahhaa. So if theres any sessions in the afternoon or evening, plz do let me know

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    bumi
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    welcome back to brunei..fyi my session now daily..means everyday we play at pusat belia at bandar foc of course....then we can play with other group since the court is free..i,ll ask student who from the skim sekolah to join together..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hello! New Guy From Brunei
    By Bozzz in forum Introduction
    Replies: 0
    : 12-01-2011, 09:28 PM
  2. any brunei player here?
    By Nievk8701 in forum Places to play / Clubs / Local Events
    Replies: 11
    : 04-19-2009, 05:21 AM
  3. Shopping in Brunei????!!!!
    By mhnordin in forum Market Place
    Replies: 0
    : 02-26-2008, 09:11 PM
  4. Coach in Brunei ?
    By PandaLord in forum Places to play / Clubs / Local Events
    Replies: 6
    : 09-12-2006, 02:51 AM
  5. Rackets in Brunei
    By Yogi in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 06-23-2001, 08:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •