Brunei

Discussion in 'Places to play / Clubs / Local Events' started by Monster, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Monster

Monster Regular Member

Where do you guys play in Brunei ? Anyone from Brunei here anyway apart from me and Panda??

2. minmorni86

minmorni86 Regular Member

another one here hahahhaa. abit late than ever. Do you know any clubs if theres any in brunei, that do social nights? ive googled quiet abit, still ahving no luck, since brunei doesnt have an official badminton association website.

3. hbk126

hbk126 Regular Member

i normally join my gf in dst .. lots of dst players there...very friendly ppl ...but there's only 3 courts...

4. minmorni86

Owh yeah, ive been there several times and i dont like it hahahha lol. The ppl are nice but the courts are horrible. They need to repaint the walls or put covers at the back. Its so hard to play with white walls and white shuttles :D.

For those lookin for info abt Badminton in Brunei. Visit http://badmintonbrunei.blogspot.com/

5. hbk126

hbk126 Regular Member

haha i think i got used to it... but i got no complaints since its free LOL

6. minmorni86

Hey man. Do u still play at dst? Im heading back there from early dec til late january.

7. ajez10

ajez10 Regular Member

hi i,m from brunei also..usually play monday,wednesday,friday and saturday..since i,m work at afternoon so can play morning at pusat belia at bandar..except saturday play at night..anyone have contact number of any other court rather than scoutcentre,centrepoint ,ibb and harun gym?

8. minmorni86

Oh nice, whats the level of play on those days u play? Is it a public group? or private only? I havent been there for 2 years, so i have no idea. hahhahaa. Im a C grade level in Australia. Mainly doubles.

9. ajez10

ajez10 Regular Member

I don't know what level i am lol, we just play for fun and to sharpen our technics. i guess we're in a public group, anybody can join. Yes, we play doubles a lot. R u Bruneian or Aussie?

10. minmorni86

ohhh fair enough. Yeap thats what badminton is about, fun. lol. Should be able to join there then hahahhaa. Im a bruneian but living in Melbourne. When i was there, i mainly play at Empire. Few times at different spots, Dst HQ, Maktab sains and some building in the city. Is that public group big? like in do u have to wait for ages for a game?

11. ajez10

ajez10 Regular Member

for weekday can play istantly..lol..coz normally just i,my wife and other fren..then for saturday night we book the court for 2 hours then play with family..around 4 family there..not big group..since divide to 2 court..ladies 1 court,man 1 court..so not take long time to play..only 1 set then stop..other members play..who got stamina he/she can play many set..hahahha

12. minmorni86

ohh hahhahaa. Sounds pretty good, Ill PM u in time for contact details, when i get there. Ill try bring a friend with me aswell, so that i wont be as lonely hahahhaa. I think my stamina is okay for long games, really depends on the level of play i guess :rolleyes:. hahhahaa. Singles is a different story tu. :D

13. ajez10

ajez10 Regular Member

ok..how about badminton equipment at aussie?cheaper than m,sia or brunei?coz in brunei too expensive then too much fake racket:mad:

14. minmorni86

oh. Well that depends what type of racket u wanna get. Yonex is always expensive where ever u get it from, but for me, i got mine from Ebay, Stadium sports(http://www.stadiumsports.net.au/), which is a local shop here. Some of the rackets starts bidding at very low price. I got my Yonex Arc Z saber for 180 bucks when i came out, and in normal retail shops theyre at 299AUD. Now its cheaper obviously, due to new rackets coming out.

I should recommmend u Panda Power, a friend of mine is the australian distributer here. I got one of the PP trinity 2 rackets, its quiet worth the money and not only that, u can get specific balance points, head heavy or head light with different weights. What rackets do u currently use now?(also what strings and tensions) and what style do u play? (attacker, control, all rounder). Ive also used Apacs, from malaysia, not a bad range of rackets.

15. ajez10

ajez10 Regular Member

my 1st racket is yonex b700:D..i think 2u ..the basic one..but now i use VICTOR ArteryTec Ti95 Power..i think when we play together ,i can test ur panda power racket 1st..my style play is all rounder..depend to partner..my string also victor coz i buy racket come with string..not factory string..tensions i use 28lbs..maybe next month reduce to 26lbs..

16. minmorni86

my apologies, for the super late reply hahaha. Wow i have no idea what racket that is lol. I started with a 10 year old carbonex 21 SP (sadly, got broken :p lol). Hahahhaa sure no problems. Ill be arriving over there next week, specificly thursday morning hahahhaa. So if theres any sessions in the afternoon or evening, plz do let me know :D

17. ajez10

ajez10 Regular Member

welcome back to brunei:D..fyi my session now daily..means everyday we play at pusat belia at bandar foc of course..:D..then we can play with other group since the court is free..i,ll ask student who from the skim sekolah to join together..

18. ajez10

ajez10 Regular Member

off topic..minmorni86 i,m try to pm you but can,t..

19. minmorni86

Oh nice nice, good to know. The more the merrier. No idea where that is actually, just googled map it. I think u might have to give me gps coordinates when u have time lol. Skim sekolah? what is that anyways? been wondering wat these "skim" is?

20. minmorni86

just left u a msg on ure profile. Dunno why its doing it, ive checked my settings. lol..