User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    alright, thanks again & sorry for the hassle..
    re the 50mm standard lens, were you sitting quite close to the court or actually next to the court??..also, i would imagine you were using your viewfinder instead of the lcd screen to take the pics??..
    YES QUITE CLOSE TO THE COURT!
    USING THE VIEWFINDER IS THE ONLY WAY WHEN SHOOTING WITH A DSLR!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red00ecstrat
    Oops, Just Forgot The Post A Pic Of The Danish Forces! AND REMEMBER TO PLAY THE GUESS WHO GAME!
    hehe, looking at the pic, seems like Joachim Persson and Kenneth J. were already "eyeing" you to take their pics, red00ecstrat..or were you waiving your hands to get their attention??..hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dranmo
    most of the reason is the injuries
    Ogura san couldnt even play in the All Japan Jitsugyou Badminton Competition during Aug. (Shiota san pair with Yamada san during that time)
    i saw their pratice and Ogura san seems to be not yet recover
    Hopefully she will get well soon....
    I DON'T KNOW WHY. BUT IN GAME 3. THEY JUST LIFTED THE SHUTTLE TO THEIR OPPONENT AGAIN AND AGAIN UNTIL THEY LOST. SHOULD HAVE CHANGED THE TACTICS SOMEHOW.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A bit off topic..

most of the reason is the injuries
    Ogura san couldnt even play in the All Japan Jitsugyou Badminton Competition during Aug. (Shiota san pair with Yamada san during that time)
    i saw their pratice and Ogura san seems to be not yet recover
    Hopefully she will get well soon....
    hmm, thanks for the tidbits, dranmo...hmm, do you know when and what kind of injury did Ms. Shiota suffered??.. I know the Uber Cup was held in April-May this yr and it's already more than 3 months since then; if so, then it's probably quite severe..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red00ecstrat
    I DON'T KNOW WHY. BUT IN GAME 3. THEY JUST LIFTED THE SHUTTLE TO THEIR OPPONENT AGAIN AND AGAIN UNTIL THEY LOST. SHOULD HAVE CHANGED THE TACTICS SOMEHOW.
    yes i know.... thats the same thing happen to the Japan Yonex pair (Akao san and Matsuda san) i am not sure is that coach nagasima's idea or what.... one thing i am sure is the smashes are not as fast as i saw on monday morning pratice

hmm, thanks for the tidbits, dranmo...hmm, do you know when and what kind of injury did Ms. Shiota suffered??.. I know the Uber Cup was held in April-May this yr and it's already more than 3 months since then; if so, then it's probably quite severe..
    I am not sure what the problem is since there are not much information on that. I only read it on the japan badminton magazine. i want to ask them in person but bit shy 'cause my poor spoken japanese

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A bit off topic...

I am not sure what the problem is since there are not much information on that. I only read it on the japan badminton magazine. i want to ask them in person but bit shy 'cause my poor spoken japanese
    hmm, don't be shy... i'm sure you can ask them in English(since you're comfortable writing in here)..Ms. Yonekura is probably more fluent in English, try asking her..

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Give a chance to see some lesser known players. Couldn't take a photo of all of them. But it's nice to give them some recognition!

First time I've seen Yang Yang sponsor somebody. He wasn't happy with some line calls.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by Cheung; 08-29-2006 at 08:04 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

anybody know who this is?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

is tight cropping better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Mr. Shirley's previous partner, Sarah Rune-Petersen(both of whom had reached the Semifinals of the WC last yr), had quit the NZ team and gone back to her native country of Denmark. I believe she mentioned that plan earlier in the yr or late last yr(sorry don't quite remember). I don't know if he had gotten a new partner, but if not probably that's the new/temporary partnership for Mr. Shirley..
    Yeah, he's sort of trying a few different partners here and there to see what works as far as I know. But I'm not sure how long it will last as he's getting rather old now!

Oh BTW, thanks for all the pictures, they're great!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

a lesser known player. Still can improve a lot on the psychological aspect. Not sure if he's really listening to his coach. Although he won, he doesn't seem to be concentrating that well. Maybe too confident of a win. But I think it's askill that needs to be practiced otherwise, when you're under pressure ina higher level match, it's difficult to make the shots.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hmm, don't be shy... i'm sure you can ask them in English(since you're comfortable writing in here)..Ms. Yonekura is probably more fluent in English, try asking her..
    really? I shall talk to her next time - she was sitting right behind me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey...isn't that Indra Gunawan coaching the unknown Caucasian player over there I thought he went to Malaysia again?

Unfortunately, I am still tied up in Singapore due to some personal matters...and it's increasingly unlikely for me to return back to HKG before the semi-finals. I do hope to return back on Friday in time to catch the semis and finals

Meanwhile, I just have to be contented with watching the Singapore Satelitte later this afternoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    a lesser known player. Still can improve a lot on the psychological aspect. Not sure if he's really listening to his coach. Although he won, he doesn't seem to be concentrating that well. Maybe too confident of a win. But I think it's askill that needs to be practiced otherwise, when you're under pressure ina higher level match, it's difficult to make the shots.
    He, Andrew Smith, got one set from Lin Dan at Thomas Cup.

Cheung, thank you so much for your pictures. Just a very technical question: the corners of most of your photos taken are darker than that of Red's. Is it issue of equipment?

BTW, really wish you and Red will take pictures of us on the next BC gathering in HK, if any.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A bit off topic..

Quote Originally Posted by badMania
    Hey...isn't that Indra Gunawan coaching the unknown Caucasian player over there I thought he went to Malaysia again?

Unfortunately, I am still tied up in Singapore due to some personal matters...and it's increasingly unlikely for me to return back to HKG before the semi-finals. I do hope to return back on Friday in time to catch the semis and finals

Meanwhile, I just have to be contented with watching the Singapore Satelitte later this afternoon.
    hmm, even the shirt Andrew Smith wore is similar to Taufik's..
    badMania, take care of your task in S'pore first & foremost. The folks in HK will be waiting for you, whenever you're ready to go back. Hope you'll be back to HK soon though to catch the rest of the actions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    really? I shall talk to her next time - she was sitting right behind me.
    Sure, you should Cheung.....get to know her better..
    No, really, eventhough she's not as fluent or comfortable in English, i knew she's able to converse in English because i actually experienced it myself on 2 occasions. And both happened at last yr's World Championships.
    1. First, it was the days before it officially began. I was helping out in the tournament's official hotel(tournament's desk) and noticed many players going in and out and up and down the elevators. One morning i noticed she was about to go to breakfast when a couple of Japanese people appeared, I guess they're related to the JPN players, and approached me. Both of them were trying to look for a JPN player, but unfortunately they couldn't speak nor understand English and vice versa, so i was quite baffled. Knowing i'm in a bit of a quandry, out of nowhere Ms. Yonekura appeared, as usual smiling and greeted other players. I then quickly called her before she was gone and asked her if she can help the 2 Japanese people. In my initial conversation with her, i noticed she can understand what i was inquiring and vice versa. Soon after she whisked those 2 Japanese people with her to the dining area.
    2. Another occasion occurred also at the World Championship. But at that time, i wasn't involved. It happened when i was down at the back area where the players were coming in and out. At that time, i was about to meet some INA players, when i noticed Ms. Yonekura was talking to a couple of people, also conversing in English. I didn't know what they were talking abt, but i didn't notice any translator beside her.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, even the shirt Andrew Smith wore is similar to Taufik's..
    badMania, take care of your task in S'pore first & foremost. The folks in HK will be waiting for you, whenever you're ready to go back. Hope you'll be back to HK soon though to catch the rest of the actions.
    So that's Andrew Smith ah....didn't really recognize him

Yeah, my friend has bought one ticket for the final for me...so...I guess I could still make it back by Saturday or even for Friday night's semi-final

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast