Chen Jin, Lin Dan, Taufik talking about HK open

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Hong Kong Open 2006' started by 2cents, Aug 29, 2006.

1. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Reporters asked the same question "What's your chance at this HK open" to Chen Jin, Lin Dan and Taufik. They have totally different answers:

Chen Jin said, he's coming for the title. If he can play like in the training past weeks, he should be able to get the title. Which statement implied that he can defeat anyone in the Chinese team! :eek:

Lin Dan said, he would use this HK open only as an exercise for the WC, he said, get ready for the WC is more important than this HK open title. It seems that LD is not that ready, and so stays back to aim something long distance. :p

Taufik said, HK open was also unimportant. As the WC held once a year, he would treat WC as an ordinary tournament too, which means that WC is unimportant either. What he's trying to win is the Asian Games because this is not once a year. It seems TH aims something even much further than LD. :eek:

2. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    yeah... WC 'value' has decreased becos it becomes annually tournament :cool: and that's ordinary . asian games and olympic which are held once in 4 years seem more pretigious :D (for taufik)

#2 taufik-ist, Aug 29, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  3. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

CJ seems to be a positive player, Thumbs up for him!

4. jermaine

jermaine Regular Member

student
    hahahahaa! very funny the way they answer, i think taufik himself know he isnt ready to defend his title in WC, while lin dan wants to most...

5. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i think it's a shame that they made the WC an annual event. it should be every 4 years, in between olympic years so that it'll have an added value to it. imagine if the world cup was played every year ... pointless!

6. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Deceptive Taufik

Obviously Chen Jin is well prepared and not afraid of losing hence made such a statement. Taufik basically knows he can't win in HK and WC 2006 so might as well degrade this two events. WC is not as pretigious as it use to just because it's an annual event? To me, the most meaningful title is from the event where all the best players are participated, bar none!!! As for Lin Dan, he feels the pressure and not sure he can withstand hence try to be humble, I am sure he's also very well prepare and I actually bet on Lin Dan to win the Hong Kong Open again.
    I am sure if LCW were ask the same question then he would have answer : "I am here to win" :)

7. chikkubhai

chikkubhai Regular Member

funny funny... it always looks easy on top fellas...

8. KooGuy

KooGuy Regular Member

Yep..WC is not that important at all since Candra/Tony is not there - they are the best! Why so many rules for WC if it is an open championship. Badminton fans need to see the best vs the best.:D

9. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    well, its always the winner that counts, regardless of TH/LD/PG/etc says how valuable a tournament is

10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    All talk is no use.. the fact is that they also want to win HKO title.. they are trying to be modest. At least Chen Jin say he wants to win. Weather the tourney is important or not , it is not an issue.

11. JasonMichael

JasonMichael Regular Member

IT consultant
    _______ spot on bro!

12. rhinovinda

rhinovinda Regular Member

Scientist
    I think of what they want to address this time (esp TH) pointing to the inconsistency of the IBF regulation such as changing of the prestigious WC into the annual event, rally scoring and so on. Here the badminton fans actually should take big concern of what had happened and we are also forced to find the way again from the beginning as for how to enjoy the new IBF badminton style. At some points I feel that the art of badminton has been lost.

#12 rhinovinda, Aug 30, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2006