User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh
    This tourney may not be as prestigious as the IBF Opens, but it is run professionally with an updated website, better than some of the higher ranked tourneys in terms of information, scores and results. Not only are SBA officials in attendance but umpires from neighbouring countries are also present. Even Olympic bronze medalist, Rashid Sidek, is here as coach to the Malaysian team. An ideal preparation for the young professionals aspiring to greater heights.
    i see, thanks again for the info, Loh...BTW, do you know the max. age of these young players competing in the CASS??thx..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Loh, how close can you get to the court for photos? Are they very strict about your seating position? There seems a good number of people in the audience.

How about your camera settings? Were you on ISO1600? There's a lot of noise in the photos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania
    I bumped into Rashid when he + another coach were lecturing Tan Chun Sheang (the no 4 seed) after the youngster suprisingly lost his match to an unseeded Thai player this evening I also saw him at the Singapore Indoor stadium in early June during the Aviva Singapore Open 2006.
    I knew Rashid is coaching loads of younster under 2010-2012 project. I haven't see him personally for ages already. Quite miss him.

I think I can only see him when his players are playing. Most of it is not major tournaments.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    Loh, how close can you get to the court for photos? Are they very strict about your seating position? There seems a good number of people in the audience.

How about your camera settings? Were you on ISO1600? There's a lot of noise in the photos.
    I'm afraid I couldn't get close to the players and I took my pics from the highest level (L3) just close to the railing, opposite the crowded area. It is quite a distance from the main action and the lights are not bright enough, I suspect.

Even with a tripod, some of my pics came out blur. None of them was as sharp. And my DSLR is actually quite noisy, maybe it needs servicing.

I haven't tried using the manual mode as I am not competent enough. So I used the "Progam" mode on my Nikon D70, set to ISO1600 and "under direct sunlight" instead of "shade" as the latter seems to produce a yellowish tint on my pics and make them look darker.

Not the best of conditions, but the pics turn out quite OK, certainly not perfect unfortunately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    i see, thanks again for the info, Loh...BTW, do you know the max. age of these young players competing in the CASS??thx..
    From my personal assessment, the players are as young as 15 or 16 and as old as 23 or 24, with the exception of that couple from Egypt. You will notice from the XD pic that the lady even wear longs to play, perhaps for religious reason. Her partner seems to be well over 30, possibly the coach for the Egypt contingent. Maybe they intend to take a holiday in the region and sign up for the tourney at the same time.

It would appear that they do not set a min and max age.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elwin81
    I knew Rashid is coaching loads of younster under 2010-2012 project. I haven't see him personally for ages already. Quite miss him.

I think I can only see him when his players are playing. Most of it is not major tournaments.
    Hi Elwin, yes I think Rashid is shouldering quite a heavy responsibility in preparing Malaysia's youngsters for major competitions like the Asian and Olympic Games.

I'm sure you're looking forward to the Madrid WC. But what are you doing in Robin Hood county, studying for a higher degree?

Wish I could join you in Madrid!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks Loh. ISO 1600 explains the noise. Kwun's experience is the D70 is noisy at this level. Try setting to tungsten light if you have a yellow twinge.

Try setting to Aperture priority and use the maximum aperture possible that your lens allows. Shooting with aperture priority is what I'm doing know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Elwin, yes I think Rashid is shouldering quite a heavy responsibility in preparing Malaysia's youngsters for major competitions like the Asian and Olympic Games.

I'm sure you're looking forward to the Madrid WC. But what are you doing in Robin Hood county, studying for a higher degree?

Wish I could join you in Madrid!
    Wow, Loh....u got a really good camera. How wish I can have my own DSLR.

I do hope Rashid's project goes pretty well as I would like to see this youngster in major tournament in the future. Can't wait............

Yes, I can't wait for my holiday in Madrid in few weeks time. Are you certain that you can't join us this year? It seems u have been to my place or u are a robin hood's fans? I finished my undergradaute degree 2 years ago and I'm doing a PhD now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my second writeup on the Singapore Satelitte 2006.

I arrived just in time to watch the closing stages of the XD quarter-final matches. Tantowi/Yulianti edged out their compatriot Frans Kurniawan/Nitya Krishinda 21-19, 23-21; while Lingga/Devi Tika Permatasari beat Yonathan Suryatama/Nadya Melati 21-17, 21-17. Tantowi/Lingga will meet Ong Jien Guo/Amelia Alicia Ancelly and Lingga/Devi Tika will square up against the local favorite Koh Yan Sen/Vanessa Neo Yu Yan in the semi-finals tomorrow.

I met up with Loh and wasn't paying much attention to the WS matches. Anyway, Gu Juan beat Melicia Kurniawan quite easily 21-9, 21-9. She will meet the no 1 seed Julia Wong Pei Xian. Indonesia's only representive in the semi-final tomorrow is Maria Kristin Yulianti, who beat her compatriot Maria Elvira Christina 21-5, 21-18. Her opponent will be Shinta Mulia Sari who unexpectedly beat the no 2 seed Xing Aiying 21-16, 5-21, 21-13.

Three of the MS matches went into rubber-set. The attention of the home crowd was of course directed towards the match between the no 1 seed Jeffer Rosobin and the upcoming Singaporean player Derek Wong Zi Liang. Derek was fast and furious in taking the first set 21-18. However, he committed too many unforced errors in the second set with at least 10 of the points gifted to Jeffer because of his out return. He lost the second set 11-21 and was unable to give much resistance to Jeffer as the experienced Indonesian player wrapped up the third set 21-13. Jeffer will play the Thai youngster Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk in the semi-final, who impressed me in his victory over Indra Bagus.

As for the other 2 matches (which I did not really pay attention to), Darren Liew and Andreas Adityamarwan won their matches against their fellow compatriots Chong Wei Feng and Fauzi Adnan respectively despite losing the first set. They will meet each other tomorrow. Serla came into the stadium just in time to watch Weifeng play but too bad...her idol lost

Then, the MD and WD matches began. the no 2 seed Frans Kurniawan/Rendra Wijaya were again impressive as they beat their compatriot Mohd Ahsan/Bona Septano 21-14, 21-14. They will have a tough match against the no 4 seed Malaysian pair Mohd Arif Latif/Vountus Indra Mawan who beat Peerasak Wirayapadungpong/Kovit Phisetsesarasi in two tight sets 21-19, 21-18.

The last match of the night featured the no 1 seed Yoga Ukikasah/Yonathan Suryatama against the no 8 seed Chan Peng Soon/Chang Hun Ping and Yoga Yonathan won 21-17, 22-20. They were down 20-17 in the second set, before taking 5 consecutive points to win the match. They will also have another tough match against the no 3 seed Koo Chung Kiat/Abdul Latif Mohd Razif.

In the WD, the no 1 seed Nitya Krishinda/Nadya Melati were hardly troubled as they beat Zhang Beiwen/Gu Juan 21-10, 21-14. Their opponent will be the no 3 seed Vanessa Neo Yu Yan/Shinta Mulia Sari who thrashed their opposition 21-5, 21-12 in just 20 mins. The other semi-final will feature the no 2 seed Yao Lei/Fu Mingtian against Puspa Shendy/Devi Tika Permatasari. Puspa/Devi struggled to beat Lim Yin Loo/Haw Chiou Hwee in three tight sets 21-18, 19-21, 21-19. There were plenty of long rallies with smashes and returns from both pairs. The Malaysians were particularly impressive with their defense. They were leading 19-17 in the rubber set but again, the Indonesian pair proved to be better as they took the last 5 points and won the match which lasted nearly an hour.

So, 9 of the 10 semi-final matches tomorrow will feature Indonesian players. Unfortunately, I don't think I will attend the semi-finals tomorrow due to the live telecast of the HK Open.
    Last edited by badMania; 08-31-2006 at 11:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania
    Here's my second writeup on the Singapore Satelitte 2006.

As for the other 2 matches (which I did not really pay attention to), Darren Liew and Andreas Adityamarwan won their matches against their fellow compatriots Chong Wei Feng and Fauzi Adnan respectively despite losing the first set. They will meet each other tomorrow. Serla came into the stadium just in time to watch Weifeng play but too bad...her idol lost
    How come u're so happy Weifeng lost! Grrr!! Hahaha. Anyway, he's not my idol, he's my friend *faint!! Anyway, "nice" to see you today badMania! Hahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again from Bola:

The Singapore Satelitte is supposed to be Maria Kristin's test if she is to remain in Pelatnas next year. She is scheduled to compete in 3 Satelittes starting from the Singapore Satelitte this week, JPGG Surabaya Satelitte next week and the Malaysia Satelitte (21-26 Nov). Technically, she is supposed to win at least one of the tournaments! She will have 2 tough matches coming up if she is to win...against Shinta Mulia Sari tomorrow and possibly Julia Wong Pei Xian on Saturday. A victory here will definitely boost her morale.

She's also seeded no 2 for next week's JPGG Surabaya Satelitte but with Pia Zebadiah's participation (as the no 4 seed), her chance of winning next week is not promising...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elwin81
    Wow, Loh....u got a really good camera. How wish I can have my own DSLR.

I do hope Rashid's project goes pretty well as I would like to see this youngster in major tournament in the future. Can't wait............

Yes, I can't wait for my holiday in Madrid in few weeks time. Are you certain that you can't join us this year? It seems u have been to my place or u are a robin hood's fans? I finished my undergradaute degree 2 years ago and I'm doing a PhD now.
    Thanks Elwin and yes my Nikon D70 has given loads of pleasure and has been my constant companion! Only thing is that I haven't really taken the trouble to master it as I only rely on its "user friendly" qualities, ie, I only use the automatic, programme mode for all my pics, never resorting to manual!

A few years ago I travelled parts of England, Scotland and Wales by car and we stopped by Nothingham and visited the forest of Robin Hood and his men. I still remember the huge and imposing centuries-old trees that Robin & company used to hide in to await their wealthy victims.

BTW, you must be Malaysian but I also note that you use Singapore as your location. Did you ever study here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    Thanks Loh. ISO 1600 explains the noise. Kwun's experience is the D70 is noisy at this level. Try setting to tungsten light if you have a yellow twinge.

Try setting to Aperture priority and use the maximum aperture possible that your lens allows. Shooting with aperture priority is what I'm doing know.
    thanks for the advice Cheung. It is very helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Elwin and yes my Nikon D70 has given loads of pleasure and has been my constant companion! Only thing is that I haven't really taken the trouble to master it as I only rely on its "user friendly" qualities, ie, I only use the automatic, programme mode for all my pics, never resorting to manual!

A few years ago I travelled parts of England, Scotland and Wales by car and we stopped by Nothingham and visited the forest of Robin Hood and his men. I still remember the huge and imposing centuries-old trees that Robin & company used to hide in to await their wealthy victims.

BTW, you must be Malaysian but I also note that you use Singapore as your location. Did you ever study here?
    I'm saving money for my 1st DSLR now. Hope I can get one soon.

You must be visiting Sherwood Forest and the Giant Tree is there. This place is not very interesting at all. The only place I like most in UK is Scotland.

Yes, I am a Malaysian. I have been in Ngee Ann Poly for 2 years. So far, that is the greatest moment I had being a student. Opps.....I'm off topic now.....PM me if u got any Qs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bad mania, it seems that u had already know that draw for the JPGG Surabaya Satelitte... can u lead me to the website to see the draw?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please refer to the thread on JPGG Surabaya Satelitte. The draw is not out yet...the seedings for the various events are out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all-Indonesian Finals in 4 events, with only WS featuring a Malaysian player. Predictions for the finals, with winners in bold:

MEN'S SINGLES
    Jeffer Rosobin
    vs Andreas Adityawarman

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Julia Wong Pei Xian vs Maria Kristin Yulianti (MATCH OF THE DAY)

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Yoga Uki Kasah/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki vs Frans Kurniawan/Rendra Wijaya

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Nitya Krishinda/Nadya Melati
    vs Puspa Shendy/Devi Tira Permatasari

MIXED DOUBLES
    Tantowi/Yulianti
    vs Lingga/Devi Tira Permatasari

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast