User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania
    I bumped into Rashid when he + another coach were lecturing Tan Chun Sheang (the no 4 seed) after the youngster suprisingly lost his match to an unseeded Thai player this evening I also saw him at the Singapore Indoor stadium in early June during the Aviva Singapore Open 2006.
    Err... it's Tan Chun Seang... Haha... Poor CS, lost early as well! Bad tournament for him... Hopefully, he will do well in Surabaya Satellite!

Erin and Yan are glad that Daren got this far though. Jia You, Daren! Keep up the fighting spirit! Same to Wei Feng...

Beryno, Lim Kenn, Li Qun and others... Don't worry, you guys have chance to shine again very soon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frans Kurniawan/Rendra Wijaya
    Is Frans the guy who played MD with Kowi?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yannie
    Is Frans the guy who played MD with Kowi?
    Errr..who's Kowi? Frans is very young, at most 19 or 20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Errr..who's Kowi? Frans is very young, at most 19 or 20.
    Err... I have only personal pics of him, so can not post in here... But Kowi played with Frans before. Now Kowi moved to USA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

julia jie jie boleh!you can........julia dont laugh...hahaha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A bit off topic-Info abt Ko Wi(Chandra)

Quote Originally Posted by yannie
    Err... I have only personal pics of him, so can not post in here... But Kowi played with Frans before. Now Kowi moved to USA.
    Ko Wi, as they called him, is Chandra..Yes, he has moved here to the U.S., living in Northern California to be exact. He actually played in the recent 2006 U.S. Open @ OCBC abt 2-3 weeks ago(you can see his pics in there).
    He also participated in the just concluded 2006 SummerSmash at SGVBC, with another ex-Pelatnas gal Mona Santoso, this past weekend(played in 3 events MS, MD and XD but lost all of them).
    On good fortune, I was able to meet and chat with him last weekend. Friendly guy & quite reserved. I think he's only 20 or 21 yrs. old. He said he was in Pelatnas for only abt 1 yr or so and just quit earlier this yr, as a matter of fact just a few months ago. He mentioned he will be coaching at SmashCity Club and GGBC in Northern California(see Places to Play sub-forum under USA West for more infos). He also mentioned as of now, he is just doing some part-time coaching/sparring while helping with one of his "sponsor family's" small business.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 09-01-2006 at 01:44 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that case, the answer is YES. Frans Kurniawan was paired up with Chandra (no relation to Candra Wijaya of course) last year. Rendra Wijaya was originally paired with Rian Sukmawan. Since Rian Sukmawan has left the Pelatnas early this year to rejoin Djarum (and is now paired with Eng Hian), while Chandra also left the Pelatnas, Frans is now paired with Rendra Wijaya. I was impressed with their performance over the 2 days that I watched them. Too bad they lost to their more experienced counterpart, Yoga/Yonathan in the final today. Nevertheless, the Singapore Satelitte represents their best tournament so far. I hope they will meet Yoga/Yonathan again in the final of the JPGG Surabaya Satelitte next week!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, it's a clean sweep by the Indonesians in all the Finals, with Pelatnas coming home with 4 titles and Jeffer Rosobin taking the men's singles title.

It's also nice to see Yoga/Yonathan winning their first international title (albeit a Satelitte title) following Hendra/Joko's footstep. I hope Rendra/Frans can do the same hopefully in next week's JPGG Surabaya Satelitte. Along with Hendra/Joko, the 2 pairs do have the potential to be promoted to the main team soon, esp since Pelatnas only have 3 main MD pairs right now (including Flandy/Sigit which I think will not remain long in Pelatnas).

Nitya/Nadya also won their second titles (following the India Satelitte last year), while Devi Tika also won her first title with Lingga. I don't know whether Lingga and Yulianti are going to be split for good, so, perhaps Sandy could comment on it. It could be that these 2 pairs will turn out to be very good pairs later on...so...we shall see. I am not too worried about the talents we have in XD, with Rizal/Gresya slowly proving to be a good backup pair of Nova/Butet.

It's also nice to see Maria Kristin proving to Hendrawan and Lius Pongoh that she still has something in her, esp after her impressive victory over Julia Wong Pei Xian today. Another win at the JPGG Surabaya Satelitte will be good for her, but, the competition is going to be more intense with the participation of Chinese and Japanese players (+ Pia Zebadiah).

While the main team is resting for the WC, the second team will now continue its journey to Surabaya for another week of satelitte competition.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking about mixed double split & Frans/Chandra pairing, I need to open this link

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=28725

Actually Lingga Lie & Yulianti played together since junior age in Djarum. I guess PBSI wanted to find best combination.
    Devi Tika is from SGS Bandung, she has good results in this year, won WD in Sinar Mutiara (paired with Richi Puspita Dilli) beat Lily Siswanti/Shendy Puspa. Looking the WD SIN Satellite, paired with Shendy, they lost to Nitya/Nadya in very closed match. I thaught Devi is good double player who can paired with some players easily.

Congratulations to Maria Kristin, won again in Satellite tournament. If not wrong, this is 5th Satellite tittle in 5 difference place, Malaysia, Viet Nam, Jakarta, Surabaya and Singapore
    Flash back 2 years ago, in Malaysia Satellite 2004, interesting results that 4 semi finals are from Indonesia, Maria, Firda, the young guns Pia Zebadiah & Sylvinna Kurniawan

http://www.badmintonforum.com/forums...ad.php?t=19858

Just showed to PBSI that Indonesia is has many talented player in Girl's Single (also Boy's Single), need give them good coachs, good training & more chance to play in International tournament.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone pls post Final pics?

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    Actually Lingga Lie & Yulianti played together since junior age in Djarum. I guess PBSI wanted to find best combination.
    Devi Tika is from SGS Bandung, she has good results in this year, won WD in Sinar Mutiara (paired with Richi Puspita Dilli) beat Lily Siswanti/Shendy Puspa. Looking the WD SIN Satellite, paired with Shendy, they lost to Nitya/Nadya in very closed match. I thaught Devi is good double player who can paired with some players easily.

Just showed to PBSI that Indonesia is has many talented player in Girl's Single (also Boy's Single), need give them good coachs, good training & more chance to play in International tournament.
    This is the first time I watched Nitya/Nadya as well as Shendy/Devi play. Devi is calmer and more composed compared to Shendy, who actually made many unforced errors (although Shendy is damn tall for a girl ). They nearly lost to a Malaysian pair in the quarter-final and that match was one of the best I watched at the Singapore Satelitte. Shendy/Devi could have some potential.

Tantowi/Yulianti (esp Yulianti) actually looked more impressive than Lingga/Devi when I watched both of them play. However, Lingga/Devi won the final So....I guess the coaches are trying to form the best pairs as what you said.

I am not worried with the qualities of backup pairs we have at Pelatnas for MD. Yoga/Yonathan, Rendra/Frans should be ready to step out and compete in 3-4* events. They have started sending Yoga/Yonathan to more events this year...which is good news. I hope they do the same for Rendra/Frans. As for Ahsan/Bona and Lingga/Tantowi, I didn't come in time to watch them play on Wednesday, so, not much comments.

What the heck happen to Hendra Gunawan/Joko Riyadi. I thought they are already promoted to the main squad and ready to be sent to the Korea and HK Open. They have not been competing since the Malaysia Open 2006, when they lost the first round to Chew Choon Eng/Hong Chieng Hun

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Loh, great pics. and thanks for so many of them!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zzz...
    Can someone pls post Final pics?

Thanks
    Sorry I missed the Finals but will try to post some pics on the semi-finals tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh
    Sorry I missed the Finals but will try to post some pics on the semi-finals tomorrow.
    what a pity... but thanks for all the nice pics..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Indonesia's Youths Emerged Champions!

In the absence of powerhouses China, South Korea and to a lesser extent, Japan, Indonesian youths made a clean sweep of all the five badminton events.

I was there during the semi-finals and witnessed the triumph of these youngsters. Only Julia Wong (MAS) managed to beat Gu Juan (SIN) as the sole non-Indonesian to enter the finals. But Julia was also to succumb to the might of Indonesian, Maria Kristin Yulianti the next day.

Knowing that a complete white-wash was in store during the finals for the Indonesians, I chose to attend a more exhilarating event: the RSAF (Republic of Singapore Air Force) Open House at their Airport Road base to be informed of the latest 3rd Generation arrangements to defend the country if under attack.

Here are the results of Finals:

XD - Lingga/Devi Tika Permatasari bt Tantowi/Yulianti, 21-17, 24-22 (29m).

WS - Maria Kristin Yulianti bt Julia Wong (MAS) 21-13, 22-20 (36m).

MS - Jeffer Rosobin bt Andreas Adityawarman, 21-19, 15-21, 23-21 (59m).

WD - Nitya Krishinda/Nadya Melati bt Puspa Shendy/Devi Tika Permatasari, 15-21, 21-17, 21-17 (55m).

MD - Uki Kasah Yoga/Suryatama Yonathan bt Rendra Wijaya/Frans Kurniawan, 21-19, 18-21, 22-20 (43m).

SEMI-FINALS

Women's Singles

Maria Kristin Yulianti (INA) bt Shinta Mulia Sari (SIN) 21-19, 21-9 (30m).

Julia Wong Pei Xian (MAS) bt Gu Juan (SIN) 22-20, 21-13 (36m).
    Attached Images Attached Images            

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mixed Doubles

Lingga/Devi Tika Permatasari (INA) bt Koh Yan Sen/ Vanessa Neo Yu Yan (SIN), 21-15, 21-11 (22m)

Tantowi/Yulianti (INA) bt Ong Hien Guo/Amelia Alicia Ancelly (MAS) 16-21, 21-12, 22-20 (36m)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Men's Singles

Andreas Adityawarman (INA) bt Daren Liew (MAS) 21-18, 22-20 (35m)

Jeffer Rosobin (INA) bt Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk (THA) 21-9, 21-18 (30m)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast