User Tag List

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indra
    WHat does it mean? Taufik did not continue and LD won?
    seems so.....can't believe this

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a cop-out. Disappointed with Taufik's actions. Everybody gets bad line calls. Moreover, this was only at the beginning of the 1st set, a long way to go. I think he way over-reacted. My question: was he afraid to lose to LD and this was a convenient out for him? . Again, another selfish Taufik decision which leaves a sour taste in the mouth of the spectators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    Cheung took the day off?

i bet he got some nice pics of this incident.

what a pity as this is a highly anticipated match. i guess we will have to wait until the WC next month for another possible match between these two.
    i hope so, looking forward to this.haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know the result :

XD - Zhang/Gao v Shirley/Quay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lindan's shot was in......red was sitting right behind the line ......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elwin81
    Wao.........it is a typical TH. So, is that a good call or not?
    I am so sorry to TH as he always got some bad calls against him.
    If someone always thinks the whole world against him, then that's his own problem.

Taufik is the problem boy. and he also has some kind of anti-Lindan sentiment. At this HK open, when reporters asked him who's strongest opponent, he mentioned LCW, Gade and some others. Then reporters asked, what about Lin Dan, then Taufik became angry, and said, never mention Lin Dan to him. What an attitude? What wrong with mentioning Lin Dan? Taufik is really a weird guy. Why he so dislikes or hates Lindan? and also let everybody knows?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad
    What a cop-out. Disappointed with Taufik's actions. Everybody gets bad line calls. Moreover, this was only at the beginning of the 1st set, a long way to go. I think he way over-reacted. My question: was he afraid to lose to LD and this was a convenient out for him? . Again, another selfish Taufik decision which leaves a sour taste in the mouth of the spectators.
    Blame it on the linelady and umpire .

I like the decision made by TH. There is no use in continuing the match when FROM THE BEGINNING the lineladies/men are against him....

The tournament committee should have anticipated this kind of possibility.
    The umpire should have admitted that it is the linelady's first decision that should be valid, not the second one.

If only the umpire had realized the reputation at stake, the linelady should have been replaced immediately. Unfortunately, the umpire prefered defending the PARTIAL linelady to defending the reputation of the HO....

Again, it is clear what TH wanted is a fair play on the part of the umpire and linemen/ladies.

If I were the organizer, I would replace the umpire and linelady and asked TH and LD to play again from 0-0. As simple as that!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the **** is wrong with Taufik! Honestly, I hate that guy now. Does he think everybody has to make a good call for him. Geez! He has some attitude problem. It really shames the Indonesian badminton. He already did that once in the Indonesian Open. The lineman called a shot from Bao Chunlai "in" and then he walked towards him, had a "good" chat and that lineman conveniently changed his mind like a minute later to "out". What the hell! If this is not someone's prank, that guy should be dropped off the Indonesian squad. We have been pampering him too much. What a SPOILED BRAT!

He should be prepared to have some line calls against him. It is only natural. He went inside the enemy's territory and should be prepared to face hostility. Just like players from other countries came to Indonesian Open. Bao Chunlai, Chen Yu are good example of people who were getting bad calls against them on Indonesian Open (Coincidentally against Taufik). Whenever players are playing away, they should mentally be prepared for things like this.

I think with the news recently that compared him with Lin Dan, he is afraid he will lose. So he intentionally walked out. Oh my GOD!!! I'm really frustrated now.

Sony, please win now.
    Last edited by byelnats; 08-31-2006 at 04:31 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Newsflash...

Taufik decided to forfeit the match to Lin Dan after a bad call when the score was 3-1 to LD's advantage.

Expected...as he didn't really care about winning the HK Open anyway....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wooowww....what is he doing? Quite a shock for me, as I think everybody likes to watch that match.
    Well, TH is an temperamental person. But, I still shock that just a bad call make him to leave the match.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania
    Taufik decided to forfeit the match to Lin Dan after a bad call when the score was 3-1 to LD's advantage.

Maybe it's Taufik's way to promote a new scoring system, just 1 set, and only 3 points in a set.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania

If that was the case, why bother showing up and wasting precious PBSI $$ . Honestly, Taufik has to grow up. He can't even live with a simple line call (bad or not) and has to throw a tantrum every time. Deal with it and play on.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents
    Maybe it's Taufik's way to promote a new scoring system, just 1 set, and only 3 points in a set.
    He still lost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to even read the newspaper tomorrow. He has just made a "sensation" without even becoming a champion. Well done ! I wonder if PBSI is going to take any action.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad
    If that was the case, why bother showing up and wasting precious PBSI $$ . Honestly, Taufik has to grow up. He can't even live with a simple line call (bad or not) and has to throw a tantrum every time. Deal with it and play on.
    I agree...its uncalled for! That is why players like Taufik never got my support....they are too emotional and hot-headed.

Plus, it's so early in the match and not even a critical point.

What matters is that Taufik DOES NOT WANT to be beaten by Lin Dan prior to the WC AGAIN! That is why he conveniently walked out of the match...what a selfish spoilt brat!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine this taking place at an English football game. Seats would have been flying onto the pitch by now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents
    Taufik is the problem boy. and he also has some kind of anti-Lindan sentiment. At this HK open, when reporters asked him who's strongest opponent, he mentioned LCW, Gade and some others. Then reporters asked, what about Lin Dan, then Taufik became angry, and said, never mention Lin Dan to him. What an attitude? What wrong with mentioning Lin Dan? Taufik is really a weird guy. Why he so dislikes or hates Lindan? and also let everybody knows?
    The answer is very simple. Lin Dan is nicknamed "Super Lin" at one time and Taufik mentioned before he did not see any merit for him to be called that. In short, he is jealous of Lin Dan. Taufik always thinks that his accomplishment of winning World Champion and Olympic Gold Medal back to back is the best. It is true it is the best achievement a player can hope for, but apparently he is not happy that some people still say that he is inferior to Lin Dan. In other words, he wants to be unrivalled.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast